Bray tweets about the Mizzou game

I will tell you what cost us 2 games

An inability to get first downs on the ground while running the clock out. Elite teams do that and we aren't there yet but last night we got over that hump.

3 straight first downs with all running plays ran out the clock.

Great sign going forward against such a solid defense

Had we kept playing our offense we wouldn't have been in that situation. Plus you are not gonna run that way against bama or fl to kill the clock. They are gonna stop period.

Had we kept playing our offense we wouldn't have been in that situation. Plus you are not gonna run that way against bama or fl to kill the clock. They are gonna stop period.

Lol

We did keep playing our offense. We are a running first offense, have been, and that isn't changing.

Same as last night. Difference was we got 3 straight first downs and ran the clock out

We couldn't do that vs OU, florida, or Georgia.

Why it is considered playing timid when a team continues to do what was successful and worked really well in the first half? If the Vols had come out and abandoned what worked in the first half half and went 3 and out, folks would be complaining about that.

and after half make it more difficult for your to do what you did successfully in the first half. Adjustments. We just keep running the ball, we get stuffed, and suddenly the other team is back in the game. This was why we lost the florida game--and ou, too.

Reactions: 2 people
I also heard he wouldn't have been eligible for the bowl game if they did make one...along with a few others

His sophomore year? Are you confusing that with the payments that shelved Couch?

and after half make it more difficult for your to do what you did successfully in the first half. Adjustments. We just keep running the ball, we get stuffed, and suddenly the other team is back in the game. This was why we lost the florida game--and ou, too.

Most appropriate username EVER. :)

Yes, we did it with a late drive last night--against a missouri team that is not that good and has a losing record. When we tried to do it against a much better florida team, we choked away a win. Same with Oklahoma. You are not just going to pound it in the second half and make first downs against good defenses. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. We played that way for many years against bama--tried to run the ball all the time against a stout defense--couldn't do it, lost many games.

Reactions: 1 person
People aren't saying that just because of numbers. He had easily the most arm talent of any QB we've had post-Peyton

And the least mental talent post Jim...the guy who gives out FREE HUGS at 7-11. :good!:

Yes, we did it with a late drive last night--against a missouri team that is not that good and has a losing record. When we tried to do it against a much better florida team, we choked away a win. Same with Oklahoma. You are not just going to pound it in the second half and make first downs against good defenses. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. We played that way for many years against bama--tried to run the ball all the time against a stout defense--couldn't do it, lost many games.

Most of us were here...will Sam and Diane ever get together? :question:

Pretty cool of him, IMO. I agree with him 100% on the first tweet, and I honestly didn't think he cared that much about the program. I figured the Dooley era left a bad enough taste in his mouth that he could care less how the Vols do.

Maybe Bray should of had that attitude when he played at UT. Then he would of not lost to Kentucky.

Pretty cool of him, IMO. I agree with him 100% on the first tweet, and I honestly didn't think he cared that much about the program. I figured the Dooley era left a bad enough taste in his mouth that he could care less how the Vols do.
If he could care less, then he cares. If he couldn't care less, that means he doesn't care at all.

I really liked Tyler Bray! I know he had his problems but who wouldn't have had problems during that time at UT. He had the strongest arm I've ever seen at UT! Dude had a whip!

It is really amazing to me how many former players stay either very interested, or connected to this program. It is even more amazing when a kid like Bray who played in a very difficult era of UT football remains enthusiastic about the program.

Credit to Bray. Go Vols!

I think it's a combination of Bray growing up a little bit and how accommodating Butch is with former players with his open door policy. Glad to have Bray as a VFL. Hope he gets healed up and gets a shot to play a little bit in the league.

So you're saying Mizzou doesn't have a good defense? So please exlain to us what a good defense is. You obviously don't think the #8 defense in the nation is good. What's it take, #5? #4, #3,#2 or #1? Please let the rest of the world know. Because the ONE thing everyone (except you) thinks Mizzou has a great not good defense.

Bray is obviously a major negavol and needs to go pull for Bama.....even though he was spot on, 100% right.

Reactions: 5 people
I'll never forget That Mizzou game. Goof has the ball at midfield and takes a knee to play for overtime!

That was the day I officially jumped off the Dooley train and thought he 100% had to go ASAP.....I was obviously somewhat blind prior to that day. He had every factor in his favor and pi$$ed it away for a chance to lose it in OT, which of course is exactly what he did.

What part was bray correct on last night?

Did we play "timid"?

Did we lose?

This part.....

"This is why we've struggled all year. Playing timid in the second half doesn't win ball games. You can't let up when you have a team down."

Reactions: 3 people
This part.....

"This is why we've struggled all year. Playing timid in the second half doesn't win ball games. You can't let up when you have a team down."

More brilliance from KB. We have them DOMINATED and can keep their offense off the field, own time of possession, field position so we should throw the ball?!? LOL

NO COACH worth their salt would do that.

VN Store

Back