Bray tweets about the Mizzou game

As someone that actually played for Tennessee, if he doesn't have the right to criticize, no one on here does.

If he was praising Butch you'd be using the opposite argument.

You'll never see me question a player's (or fan's, for that matter) right to criticize or praise whatever the hell they want.

Fair enough...let's see that hold up the next time he gets a thumbsup.

Fair enough...let's see that hold up the next time he gets a thumbsup.

No problem. I may disagree, and occasionally question that person's judgment, but please call me out if I say someone doesn't have the right to state their opinion. This is America lol

Reactions: 1 person
A win against lowly South Carolina in his first year? I rest my case. Most Tennessee fans will be satisfied with 7 or 8 wins per season, a bowl birth, and beating Vandy. That's about what you are going to get with Jones. Dooley manhandled Jones head to head. The team Jones fielded was every bit as talented as the group of misfits Dooley ran out there, Bray included. When it comes to X's and 0's Jones is probably the worst coach in the SEC. The only coach I wouldn't trade him for without hesitation is Mason at Vandy, the South Carolina situation not withstanding.

Yea that win over USC in year one wasn't impressive at all. That USC team was so bad they only finished ranked in the top 5. Which is probably the highest ranked team we have beaten in a decade.

A win against lowly South Carolina in his first year? I rest my case. Most Tennessee fans will be satisfied with 7 or 8 wins per season, a bowl birth, and beating Vandy. That's about what you are going to get with Jones. Dooley manhandled Jones head to head. The team Jones fielded was every bit as talented as the group of misfits Dooley ran out there, Bray included. When it comes to X's and 0's Jones is probably the worst coach in the SEC. The only coach I wouldn't trade him for without hesitation is Mason at Vandy, the South Carolina situation not withstanding.

What's sad is that I think you actually believe this

Reactions: 3 people
What's funny is, if Bray said only nice things about Butch, you'd see "More proof Butch is great! Look at him making former players care!" But when Bray says something negative, it's "screw Bray. Not a VFL."

I wonder why that is

Because screw Bray, not a VFL and never will be. Now that the program is headed in the right direction, he wants to coat tail. He could have beaten KY by himself except he didn't give a crap.

I'll stick with the opinion that if you are scoring in the neighborhood of 40 points a game and still losing, offense ain't the problem.

When he came in his freshman year he was lighting up defenses. Obviously he wasn't going to stick around and play in this offense for his senior season. It would be hilarious watching him try to run the read option play

Why it is considered playing timid when a team continues to do what was successful and worked really well in the first half? If the Vols had come out and abandoned what worked in the first half half and went 3 and out, folks would be complaining about that.
stop making excuses for this staff,TV host,former players,and fans all see the conservative approach time after time

Reactions: 2 people
Jeez Doyle..when did you turn into such a hardcase? You know as well as I do, if somebody had told us that by this season we would be 8-4 with us being more than competitive in those 4 losses, back in the NS days...we would have thought Butch was doing a good job. Butch ain't a crap coach like Dooley, you know that. He may not be Saban, but he almost beat his tail on his own field...he is getting there.

Reactions: 3 people
Pretty cool of him, IMO. I agree with him 100% on the first tweet, and I honestly didn't think he cared that much about the program. I figured the Dooley era left a bad enough taste in his mouth that he could care less how the Vols do.

Bray's offense needed to score 45 pts a game because Sunseri's defense was giving up 44 pts a game. We didn't need that type of point production against a stagnant Mizzou offense. We just needed to control the LOS, control TOP, and control field position. We did all 3 and won the game...easily.

I think you have to concede that in this game, controlling the clock was the way to go. Throwing picks would have been the only way MO could possibly gain momentum. It was terribly boring, but wise.

As someone that actually played for Tennessee, if he doesn't have the right to criticize, no one on here does.

I wouldn't have a problem with any former player criticizing the program as long as they didn't quit in a game and then proceed to say that didn't want to win and play in a crappy bowl game.

Jeez Doyle..when did you turn into such a hardcase? You know as well as I do, if somebody had told us that by this season we would be 8-4 with us being more than competitive in those 4 losses, back in the NS days...we would have thought Butch was doing a good job. Butch ain't a crap coach like Dooley, you know that. He may not be Saban, but he almost beat his tail on his own field...he is getting there.

Have I not been fair?

He was but he was also an idiot for leaving early. That hurt him more than anyone

I would argue that playing in this offense would have done more harm to his career than his choice to leave. We all know that Butch will not change his system even if he doesn't have the type of QB to run it. See Worley.

You just seem a little overly negative DirtyDoyle. I hardly ever come over here, but your posts I have read sound like tge hatred you had for Dooley at the end. Butch doesn't deserve that, he is doing a lot better job, and I know you know that. The frustration of the last 10 years is wearing on everybody.

You just seem a little overly negative DirtyDoyle. I hardly ever come over here, but your posts I have read sound like tge hatred you had for Dooley at the end. Butch doesn't deserve that, he is doing a lot better job, and I know you know that. The frustration of the last 10 years is wearing on everybody.

I have zero hatred for Butch. I think that overall he is doing a pretty good job. I'm just not ready to crown him the next coming of Neyland quite yet. It's the folks around here who automatically go on the attack anytime someone shows any level of doubt or concern that puts my teeth on edge. It was the same thing people did during Dooley's tenure. Now I am in no way putting Butch anywhere near the lowly depths of Dooley but Butch shouldn't be held above any criticism. I'll also admit that I sometimes like to stir the pot just to watch the blind faithful grab their torches.

Reactions: 2 people
Sounds reasonable..I misread you then. I hope for all our sakes Butch is at least the second coming of Johnny Majors. Sure beats the crap out of Bill Battle/Derek Dooley.

VN Store

Back