Bray tweets about the Mizzou game

What's funny is, if Bray said only nice things about Butch, you'd see "More proof Butch is great! Look at him making former players care!" But when Bray says something negative, it's "screw Bray. Not a VFL."

I wonder why that is

Reactions: 5 people
What's funny is, if Bray said only nice things about Butch, you'd see "More proof Butch is great! Look at him making former players care!" But when Bray says something negative, it's "screw Bray. Not a VFL."

I wonder why that is

Whats even funnier is your assumptions. It wouldnt matter what Bray said about Butch. He could tweet that Butch is the greatest coach of all time. Still wouldnt change my opinion of him or change the facts. He is a benchwarmer and an idiot.

Reactions: 1 person
Whats even funnier is your assumptions. It wouldnt matter what Bray said about Butch. He could tweet that Butch is the greatest coach of all time. Still wouldnt change my opinion of him or change the facts. He is a benchwarmer and an idiot.

Did Bray steal your girlfriend too?

He's also a former Vol who still clearly keeps up with and cares about his alma mater. At least he hasn't gone out of his way to do everything he possibly can to get the NCAA to race to Knoxville and begin an investigation as soon as possible like Foster has.

I wasn't a huge fan of Bray while he was at Tennessee and I sure didn't like how he represented the program on and off the field. But he's still a VFL and, in this case, was absolutely spot on with his comments/tweet.

He's also a former Vol who still clearly keeps up with and cares about his alma mater. At least he hasn't gone out of his way to do everything he possibly can to get the NCAA to race to Knoxville and begin an investigation as soon as possible like Foster has.

I wasn't a huge fan of Bray while he was at Tennessee and I sure didn't like how he represented the program on and off the field. But he's still a VFL and, in this case, was absolutely spot on with his comments/tweet.

I never said he wasnt spot on with his comments. I just dont like him and never thought he was that good. Thats all. Just because a guy is a VFL doesnt mean he has to be liked by everybody.

Hubbs said on the broadcast last night something to the effect of their playing slower seemed to be having an impact. I think that is something worth this staff looking at in the off season.

In the Florida and OU games they had a big lead and weren't playing fast like they normally would. I understand the football logic (milk the clock), but unless you have less than 2 minutes left, you still need to get first downs. I'm not sure the playcalling changed, but slowing down does seem to make them look pedestrian. I undestand keeping it on the ground, but I think snapping the ball faster will help, and bootleg's by Dobbs with short passes in the flat can keep them honest.

I never said he wasnt spot on with his comments. I just dont like him and never thought he was that good. Thats all. Just because a guy is a VFL doesnt mean he has to be liked by everybody.

I agree about not having to like him. I can't stand Foster, but really only because of his behavior towards Tennessee. I thought your post regarding Bray was a little harsh. Jmo.

He didn't graduate did he? Seriously asking. The VFL thing is stupid and needs to be removed from our vernacular.

Reactions: 2 people
I would argue that more times than not the offense had scored plenty of points. It was usually the porous lousy defense that couldn't stop the opposition.

Defense didn't throw those interceptions or cough up those fumbles. Only thing you could count on in Bray's 3 years is that he would choke when it counted...didn't want it to be true...but I had the curse of perfect vision. :pinch:

I wonder why that is

I'll trump your funny with the types that are plastering Bray up as a Christ like martyr. :w00t: Strange bedfellows indeed!

Defense didn't throw those interceptions or cough up those fumbles. Only thing you could count on in Bray's 3 years is that he would choke when it counted...didn't want it to be true...but I had the curse of perfect vision. :pinch:

I'll stick with the opinion that if you are scoring in the neighborhood of 40 points a game and still losing, offense ain't the problem.

Reactions: 3 people
He didn't graduate did he? Seriously asking. The VFL thing is stupid and needs to be removed from our vernacular.

Why? A ton of great former Vols haven't or never will graduate from Tennessee. To me, it's about the time, energy and effort spent as a player in the program and the respect they've earned as a result. If he's on Twitter talking about how he loves the university, how he's excited to get Vols gear from the AD and about how he's watching the games (I've seen him tweet about all 3), then why would I not give him respect as a former player who still clearly cares about the program? Jmo.

I'll stick with the opinion that if you are scoring in the neighborhood of 40 points a game and still losing, offense ain't the problem.

One clutch drive would've backed your viewpoint...he couldn't deliver. :no:

One good defensive stand in a few games and Bray is a VN hero.

He was the ultimate knucklehead while he was here. If he was praising Butch you guys would be citing that. I wouldn't be bringing up his failings of course... But I wouldn't be denying them.

He quit on his team, his fans, and the University that was providing him a free education.

What he said may true but what gives this quitter the right to question anyone that's playing to win?

Why? A ton of great former Vols haven't or never will graduate from Tennessee. To me, it's about the time, energy and effort spent as a player in the program and the respect they've earned as a result. If he's on Twitter talking about how he loves the university, how he's excited to get Vols gear from the AD and about how he's watching the games (I've seen him tweet about all 3), then why would I not give him respect as a former player who still clearly cares about the program? Jmo.

He didn't care enough about the program not to quit in a game that meant seniors on his team would be going to a bowl game.

He quit on his team, his fans, and the University that was providing him a free education.

What he said may true but what gives this quitter the right to question anyone that's playing to win?

As someone that actually played for Tennessee, if he doesn't have the right to criticize, no one on here does.

I liked this post because the VFL thing is dumb and meaningless, but trying to separate out "true Vols" by who graduated and who didn't is much, much dumber.

VN Store

Back