Chip Kelly Channels Butch Jones

Umm. Yes. I would love the **** out of Chip Kelly. Why? Because he has been an elite recruiter and winner at the highest level in college, which incidentally, is where we would need him.

Are you really going to be so dense as to not know a certain few mildly successful college coaches who struggled, even failed, in the NFL?

He was given an 18 month show cause. I know that is up now, but do you guys really expect our AD to hire a guy with that history? Especially after Kiffin?

This board is truly amazing.

How many NCAA championships does he have. Let me guess. I say 0. :hi: We don't need Chip Kelly here.

Here is the full list of active coaches with a Div 1-A national championship. So we've failed if we don't hire one of them?

Urban Meyer
Nick Saban
Jimbo Fisher
Gene Chizik
Les Miles
Pete Carroll
Bob Stoops
Steve Spurrier

Reactions: 2 people
Did he recruit better than Butch?
2009 | Chip Kelly's 1st year as head coach

•Average Rivals stars: 2.92
•Rivals national ranking: 32
•Rivals Pac-12 ranking: 5

2010 | Chip Kelly's 2nd year as head coach

•Average Rivals stars: 3.39
•Rivals national ranking: 13
•Rivals Pac-12 ranking: 4

2011 | Chip Kelly's 3rd year as head coach

•Average Rivals stars: 3.57
•Rivals national ranking: 9
•Rivals Pac-12 ranking: 2

2012 | Chip Kelly's 4th year as head coach
•Average Rivals stars: 3.38
•Rivals national ranking: 16
•Rivals Pac-12 ranking: 4

In other words, he did more with less. I'll take it.

Reactions: 5 people
Umm. Yes. I would love the **** out of Chip Kelly. Why? Because he has been an elite recruiter and winner at the highest level in college, which incidentally, is where we would need him.

Are you really going to be so dense as to not know a certain few mildly successful college coaches who struggled, even failed, in the NFL?

But he couldn't win the big one

There's a bunch of this recruits who now play on Sunday, so yes he's a great recruiter.

"Bunch"? Mariota is on the path to stardom ...Armstead is looking good. The rest are Matt Simms level.

Anyone that doesn't believe that Chip Kelly would kill it on the recruiting trail is kidding themselves.

Reactions: 3 people
Tired of offensive minded, my system is perfect, coaches. Defense wins championships, need a defensive minded coach.

I see some similarities off the field with the clichés and stuff "win the day" etc. But on the field in college ball I cant see how anyone would think that jones is even qualified to be on a staff headed up by Chip Kelly.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back