Chip Kelly Channels Butch Jones

Kelly's record speaks for itself

Oh you mean his record of chokes in title games or his dominating record in a weak ass conference? But hey, he did trade Nick Foles for Sam Bradford in his read option spread offense. I mean the guy won a Heisman at OU so he must be good right? The guy is probably one of the most overrated coaches in recent memory

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like an opinion...yours to be exact...I happen to agree along with most that he is...just not in all aspects. He's an idiot savant in schemes and teaching them to his players. I think he pursued the pro game so he wouldn't have to deal with the academics and recruiting...other parts of the head coaching equation in which he is inferior to Butch. So I'm disagreeing with you AND keeping my account. :neener:

I'm thinking the IQ of VN would raise 5 points if you'd smash your computer with a bat. That may even be generously low.

Oh you mean his record of chokes in title games or his dominating record in a weak ass conference? But hey, he did trade Nick Foles for Sam Bradford in his read option spread offense. I mean the guy won a Heisman at OU so he must be good right? The guy is probably one of the most overrated coaches in recent memory

How exactly did they choke against Auburn? You think Butch is better?

I'm thinking the IQ of VN would raise 5 points if you'd smash your computer with a bat. That may even be generously low.

Aren't you above everything...calculating IQ points and advocating property damage? Maybe you should worry about matching your socks and bus money. We got this. :thumbsup:

Did he recruit better than Butch?
2009 | Chip Kelly's 1st year as head coach

•Average Rivals stars: 2.92
•Rivals national ranking: 32
•Rivals Pac-12 ranking: 5

2010 | Chip Kelly's 2nd year as head coach

•Average Rivals stars: 3.39
•Rivals national ranking: 13
•Rivals Pac-12 ranking: 4

2011 | Chip Kelly's 3rd year as head coach

•Average Rivals stars: 3.57
•Rivals national ranking: 9
•Rivals Pac-12 ranking: 2

2012 | Chip Kelly's 4th year as head coach
•Average Rivals stars: 3.38
•Rivals national ranking: 16
•Rivals Pac-12 ranking: 4

Based on a few online for-profit recruiting sites? No.

Based on results on the field? HECK Yes.

Can you guess what matters?

Aren't you above everything...calculating IQ points and advocating property damage? Maybe you should worry about matching your socks and bus money. We got this. :thumbsup:

I appreciate your active enthusiasm for further solidifying my point. Now about that bat and computer.

I appreciate your active enthusiasm for further solidifying my point. Now about that bat and computer.

Do you even know half of your point? Fake intellectuals and the government programs that love them...on the next Geraldo.

kelly may be interested in the usc job when he gets fired in philly --- after that choke last night against washington, sarkisian will not last long. USC will break the bank and pay chip whatever he wants.

So who would be on your short list if things do indeed fall apart with Jones? I know this is how mine would look (in this order) and no, I'm not even entertaining the idea that Gruden is even remotely a possibility...

1.) Gary Patterson - TCU

2.) Mark Dantonio - Michigan State

3.) Art Briles - Baylor

4.) Chip Kelly - Philadelphia Eagles.

5.) Kyle Wittingham - Utah

6.) Justin Fuente - Memphis (if all top 5 say no)

Gentlemen

None of those are coming. Not because we don't have great facilities or traditions or players. It's because if things don't go as planned in the first 2 yrs and 5 games, the fans will scream for him to be fired while assassinating his character. This isn't a defense of Butch. It's just the truth. The coaches named in the top 5 above are financially secure and aren't chasing a payday.

And one more thing, I'm grateful I'm not a booster because I couldn't stand a message board telling me how to spend my money.

Do you even know half of your point? Fake intellectuals and the government programs that love them...on the next Geraldo.

It's truly amazing you manage to make words with a keyboard. Putting those words together in coherent context with appropriate syntax is an altogether different task -- and obviously more difficult for you --, but I'm thoroughly impressed with the education for the disabled and its progression.

Tell your teachers they did a splendid job.

It's truly amazing you manage to make words with a keyboard. Putting those words together in coherent context with appropriate syntax is an altogether different task -- and obviously more difficult for you --, but I'm thoroughly impressed with the education for the disabled and its progression.

Tell your teachers they did a splendid job.

Your "if you don't agree with me, YOU'RE STUPID" debating technique is a tried and true method...on elementary school playgrounds. :)
Keep on trying Scooter...failure is a minor side issue. :clap:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back