Colin Cowherd: UT should give Gruden $10 Million

I don't know if Gruden would be the right guy from the perspective previously mentioned (the cushy job in the booth, make 5 million and doesn't have to worry about the wins/losses, etc.), but I agree with the sentiment. OPEN THE WALLET. Saban was the best investment Alabama ever made. They talk about it all the time.

Very true. The object of life is to work less get paid more.

Not even Nick Saban is worth 10 MILLION A YEAR. That's freaking insane to give a chunk load of money to a Coach who doesn't have any college experience.

Saban is worth much more than $10M/year to the University of Alabama. Really easy to make an economic argument that the guy is underpaid.

Reactions: 1 person
You can't pay a non proven college coach 10 million a year. That's beyond dumb. Lol

Reactions: 2 people
Colin is reaching but more realistically I think Chip Kelly for $6 mil would be something to consider.

Reactions: 4 people
Paying a coach of Gruden's quality $10 million per year is more "realistic" than people think. However, the Gruden train passed by a long time ago. He's been out of coaching for 8 years and has one of the cushiest jobs in American sports.

Would you rather make $5 million working part-time in a low-stress job talking about football all day or $10 million in a high-stress job where you work 24/7/365 and your every decision is micro-analyzed? Even if he could make a slight bit more money coaching, Gruden basically has the "dream job" right now, and he'd be wise to never leave it.
$10 million trying to return the team I love with every fiber of my body back to relevance.

Witch Doctor say if Cowherd said that...then Butch is the guy to keep. Cowherd is just trying to be relevant...yawn
Bones Never Lie.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
That Chick to skinny! Give me that big girl that hanging on one of our old wide outs!

I cop to liking women of the thicker persuasion but that chick is PRIMO.

Did you notice that boat in the background? I got sucked into her bounce hypno magic and didn't see the boat for a good while.

10M/year...people would demand playoffs and a soon to follow NC immediately and not without justification. I bet Gruden would do it for less, far less even.

Wrong He is zero for two but i will say you haters never give up.

Sorry sir, Butch hasn't shown much value especially since he had more talent than any other team in the east and still didn't win the east. We more than likely would have gotten stomped, but at least we would have won the east.

Paying a coach of Gruden's quality $10 million per year is more "realistic" than people think. However, the Gruden train passed by a long time ago. He's been out of coaching for 8 years and has one of the cushiest jobs in American sports.

Would you rather make $5 million working part-time in a low-stress job talking about football all day or $10 million in a high-stress job where you work 24/7/365 and your every decision is micro-analyzed? Even if he could make a slight bit more money coaching, Gruden basically has the "dream job" right now, and he'd be wise to never leave it.
You do it for the love of the game man. When it's in you, it's in you

Irrelevant. We have a coach that will win the East next year and set up CFP appearance within next 2 years!!!!

VN Store

Back