Contract details

All you have to do is look at the Recruiting forum where all the people posting about how great she is are coming from. One of them saying she is on a meteoric rise on that coaching search thread joked about he was going to seduce Caldwell and she’ll be a homewrecker….they only love it bc of what she looks like and bc questioning the hire means questioning their DANNY
Sounds like the old ugly mafia are jealous. LMBO…….

Reactions: Exiled
It's very hard to not feel like DW went cheap. That surprises me, but maybe he knows something we don't.
Possible if he couldn’t hit a home run. He thought a high potential low cost option was best. It’s an asymmetric bet basically. I know that will piss some off and I do feel like even though we’re fighting amongst ourselves that’s a good thing bc everyone wants to win; they just disagree on how to do that.

If he could’ve opened the checkbook and landed a homerun of course this was lackluster. If we were restricted to a smaller pool of less proven coaches why not go after the high potential, low money coach.

That’s the point though, if she doesn’t win we ARE screwed. This was THE hire that determines the outcome of this program for the next generation of fans. It is either going to return us to relevancy or solidify our mediocrity. That’s why it was the wrong time to take the risk we just took.
This is why the saying "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it" rings true. You were a LOUD caller for Kellie to be fired. You and any others who don't like the hire need to own your part of the blame. Sorry not sorry!

Possible if he couldn’t hit a home run. He thought a high potential low cost option was best. It’s an asymmetric bet basically. I know that will piss some off and I do feel like even though we’re fighting amongst ourselves that’s a good thing bc everyone wants to win; they just disagree on how to do that.

If he could’ve opened the checkbook and landed a homerun of course this was lackluster. If we were restricted to a smaller pool of less proven coaches why not go after the high potential, low money coach.

I will say this if this turns into a total bomb the buyout on this will be very affordable even after one year. Around what UK paid Elzy to go away.

Omg caught me in a typo. You don’t know the first thing about the history of this program. So stfu. Is that direct enough for you?
Lmao, “yOu DOnT kNow thE fIrSt thInG abOuT tHis ProGRam!!” Get bent keyboard warrior.

I will say this if this turns into a total bomb the buyout on this will be very affordable even after one year. Around what UK paid Elzy to go away.

A firing after 1 year is as much an indictment of the AD as it is the coach. I think it would take something apocalyptic for DW to admit defeat after a year.

He went cheap. He never cared about the legacy of the program

Because legacy hires have done so well. They went big and they said no and he got a good up and comer and didn’t give away the store but has incentives. A better business person than you ever hoped to be. I’m actually going to watch some next year.

xx has a pretty good recent track record so you look a bit ridiculous right now
Track record of what? Bit3jing and moaning while making unproven statements, some of which are either outright lies or complete ignorance

What makes one think he even tried to hit a home run? Because he said it? DW knows how to play the PR game. UT decided a long time ago that is wasn't going to invest heavily in women's sports. Kelly's hire is proof of that as is this one and the soccer situation. I think this sentiment runs high and deep within the university. Caldwell may eventually be great, but DW wasn't looking to pay for great, so that is why she was hired.
Recruiting is a hard, hard grind and I'm not sure what the carrot will be with such a new to the scene coach. It'll definitely take time.

I think she is a good hire, winners win! What I always question in coaches contracts is the buyout clause. Successful leaders coach with confidence, they expect to win! You incentivize winning with $$, why also incentivize failure with a lucrative buyout? Top level coaching jobs are scarce and pay very well, seems like coaches would take the job/opportunity without the FULL contract severance pay.

VN Store

Back