Contract details

Because legacy hires have done so well. They went big and they said no and he got a good up and comer and didn’t give away the store but has incentives. A better business person than you ever hoped to be. I’m actually going to watch some next year.
Are you really though, Jacket

I really hated seeing this because now I have to agree with you. It seems nobody at TN really cares about the women’s basketball program.
What evidence do you have that nobody at TN cares about the women's basketball program? You're not the only poster that has made this statement. Just trying to find out if you have evidence to back up your claim, or just spouting what a previous poster has said.

Hey all, I haven’t posted, but I have been reading the Lady Vol forum for years. I have a question. It is said that the big money donors wouldn’t contribute to NIL because they didn’t trust Kellie. Why then will they trust this new coach? I’ve read that the 2025 NIL money is set, but after that?
Danny has anointed her as the Chosen One, so they will give.

How do you know she will be a good coach?
Based on her history I think would could reasonably assume she's a decent coach. It's not like that's a crazy thought based on her record. Don't matter where she coached, she's always won. We'll see I guess.

Reactions: krichunaka
I really hated seeing this because now I have to agree with you. It seems nobody at TN really cares about the women’s basketball program.
Kim Caldwell was brought in on the same mid conference salary as Heupel. A prove it salary, but she has the Natty kicker that Josh did not.

Reactions: krichunaka
Yep. There has been the rumor and talk on here for years that Danny White did not care about women’s basketball. I refused to believe that and had full faith, hope, and excitement that he was going to hire a proven coach with the pedigree to restore the legacy. I think the rumor was spot on. He didn’t care, and doesn’t care. He had some beef with the Harper’s and axed her. There are reports online that this was his top choice and who he targeted. That’s just flat disrespect to the program that Pat built, imo.
BS

Reactions: jp1
At first glance I don’t, and that’s because I don’t think she will be able to get us elite recruits, but if somehow she can I’m all for it.
That seems like a legit concern/statement. Just saying that DW wants to cut costs on the LV basketball program, seems like you just want to complain about something without presenting actual evidence. I have been seeing a lot of that in these threads.

I dont think everyone just needs to blindly get on board with the hire, but let's at least be honest about the issue.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It seems that right now with all the extra eyes on the board that you’ll get jumped if you have any questions/concerns. I got jumped yesterday for not being sure what her recruiting connections are lol
Got jumped? You mean someone disagreed with you? C'mon now. That's part of a message board.

That seems like a legit concern/statement. Just saying that DW wants to cut costs on the LV basketball program, seems like you just want to complain about something without presenting actual evidence. I have been seeing a lot of that in these threads.

I dont think everyone just needs to blindly get on board with the hire, but let's at least be honest about the issue.
I do think he will give her all the resources to be successful, her winning makes him look good as well.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Track record of what? Bit3jing and moaning while making unproven statements, some of which are either outright lies or complete ignorance

Have to give credit where it is due. He called the firing when 99% of us thought she had bought one more year...

That's not what the PR suggests (and I say that not as a NEGA Kellie, but as someone who is well studied in this area in my Ph.D. and my line of work). Danny White has congratulated every other Lady Vol sport this year within 24 hours of the conclusion of the season on X (twitter). Donde Plowman has issued similiar statements of support for teams throughout the season. NEITHER have made a statement of support since the season concluded yesterday.

So now we have to ask why? When organizations are going to make changes they withhold that season ending statement of support to avoid it contradicting the later message that "they will be moving in a new direction." This is why Athletic Directors come out with statements of support of embattled coaches quickly when they don't intend to go in a new direction. They are getting ahead of the PR and publicly stating they believe in and support the current coach. This is why I said yesterday, "Watch the social media of Danny and Donde in the next 24 hours." A statement of support of the team would have indicated she's safe. Both accounts going cold is not by accident. It's by design.

Now, one can argue she isn't embattled, but trust me, Danny White has seen and heard the criticism all season long. His tweet earlier today about the Lady Vol rowing program had anti-Kellie statements in the comments. We know from the historical record, that Danny White does in fact read tweets and comments because he often replies directly to fan requests/ ideas, etc. Given that, there would be no reason for him not to come out and issue a "Congrats on the season" type of tweet if he intended to keep her. Why let speculation grow?

They may very well keep her, but I am more convinced today than I was yesterday, that there are important conversations being had behind closed doors surrounding the future of this program. I have a Masters in Organizational and Strategic Communication. In public relations, every action or inaction sends a close message. You just have to know where to look. The lack of messaging by the AD suggests there is smoke here.. and you know the saying, where there's smoke... there's 🔥

It was not a different point of view. I could accept and agree with that. It was telling me I was stupid. Not the same.
Again, it's a message board. Some people are going to agree with your point of view and some will not.

Yep. There has been the rumor and talk on here for years that Danny White did not care about women’s basketball. I refused to believe that and had full faith, hope, and excitement that he was going to hire a proven coach with the pedigree to restore the legacy. I think the rumor was spot on. He didn’t care, and doesn’t care. He had some beef with the Harper’s and axed her. There are reports online that this was his top choice and who he targeted. That’s just flat disrespect to the program that Pat built, imo.
Gottlieb was the top choice and we would’ve paid her well to come here.

Reactions: spojo13

VN Store

Back