DE-Maggit/Phillips
LB-Maybin
MLB-Kirkland/Jumper
NB-Foreman/Martin
CB-Sutton
CB-Mosley
S- Randolph
S-Tkjr/Berry

I don't, hehe, I forget them all the time. I initially tried "evian" for Evan (like Evian water, slippery, like a safety all over the deep field), and "El" for Elliott (like the El (elevated) train, moving fast and hitting hard). But both of those are so lame I never remember which is which anyway. And they're no help when the guys are on special teams, which is where you see them most frequently.

So I'm no help, heh. :)

I just use E Berry. That helps me to remember which one is which.

I really don't think Butch is going to release a depth chart before the game. Be surprised if he does. He has really revved up this secret kick.

UT site might throw a guess up there but might not be accurate.

what would be your guess as to who will start ?

2-Deep%20BGSU.png

I could see the offense exactly like this. I actually expect the OL to begin this exact way.

On D, I would add Weathered to back up McDowell or visa versa until Bates is full clear of injury.

Could see Kyle Phillips taking Lewis' spot.

Also, I think Foreman starts at nickel and is a backup at corner. Martin gets backup CB for now.

Pretty good list for the opener imo. Now, how about punter? :)

Reactions: 1 person
Alot of Dooley in the starting line ups

Biopsy, I'm not sure what point you intended to make with this cryptic statement, but I'm gonna assume you meant to say the line up would be better with less "Dooley."

We really gotta stop looking at players through a filter of who they were recruited by.

Each player has a certain value to the team: in talent, and in experience, and in leadership, and all those things that make up who a player is. The signature of the coach who accepted them onto the team isn't any of those things.

If you think Maggitt is worth less to the team because he wasn't signed by Butch, then I just can't help you.

If you were just saying that we still have seniors and RS juniors on the team, without passing judgment on them as a group simply because of who they signed on with, then okay, I'm with you. Yep, we still have seniors and RS juniors.

Reactions: 1 person
I could see the offense exactly like this. I actually expect the OL to begin this exact way.

On D, I would add Weathered to back up McDowell or visa versa until Bates is full clear of injury.

Could see Kyle Phillips taking Lewis' spot.

Also, I think Foreman starts at nickel and is a backup at corner. Martin gets backup CB for now.

Pretty good list for the opener imo. Now, how about punter? :)

I have to agree that Foreman will start either at nickle or corner

Just please don't let Coleman Thomas be our right tackle....Everything else will work itself out.

What is going on with Dillon Bates? We're playing all these young guys but I still haven't heard much about him - is he just going to be a special teams guy for us? I thought he was supposed to be a stud

I would make these changes

Malone for Smith
Jones for Kendrick
Jumper for Kirkland
Foreman for Martin.

agree with rest and assumes no more injuries. Martin won't be ready to start that early but they are sure trying to rush him. I think he would be at corner and Sutton at nickel if they get him in.

With Jones shutting down info like he has, do you think there is a chance that something unexpected could happen on the OL? Something like:

Kerbyson
Kendrick
Robertson
Jones
Thomas

What is going on with Dillon Bates? We're playing all these young guys but I still haven't heard much about him - is he just going to be a special teams guy for us? I thought he was supposed to be a stud

Apparently he's still catching up with the mental side.

Last I read/heard, he was being moved back outside. To me that says they're pretty happy 3 to 5 deep at MLB.

My guess at the starting lineup:

QB: Dobbs
RB: Hurd
WR1: North
WR2: Josh Smith
WR3: Von Pearson
TE: Wolf
LT: Kerbyson
LG: Robertson
C: Crowder
RG: Kendrick
RT: Thomas

DE: Barnett
DT: Williams
DT: O'Brien
DE: Maggit
SLB: Reeves-Maybin
MLB: Kirkland Jr
NB: Martin
CB: Sutton
CB: Mosely
FS: Kelly Jr
SS: Randolph

We have started every game in a 4-3 set since Butch & Co. has been here. So assuming we do the same this year, these are the players that I expect to run on to the field first in week 1.

QB: Josh Dobbs
WR2: Pearson
WR3: Malone

DT: McKenzie
DE: Phillips
Will: Reeves-Maybin
Mike: Jumper
Sam: Maggitt
CB: Moseley

:rock:

Butch said a few days ago that he is still coming back from the injury a bit. Not quite where he was. So, it may take him a few more weeks of work to be 100% it sounds. The good thing is he's still a Freshman.

With Jones shutting down info like he has, do you think there is a chance that something unexpected could happen on the OL? Something like:

Kerbyson
Kendrick
Robertson
Jones
Thomas

I have my guess. But, it's really hard to know exactly what they are thinking for their "starting 5" and "top 8" linemen. Maybe they are seriously still deciding or maybe they using the "indecision" to keep the competition razor sharp all the way to the opener. IDK

We have started every game in a 4-3 set since Butch & Co. has been here. So assuming we do the same this year, these are the players that I expect to run on to the field first in week 1.

QB: Josh Dobbs
WR2: Pearson
WR3: Malone

DT: McKenzie
DE: Phillips
Will: Reeves-Maybin
Mike: Jumper
Sam: Maggitt
CB: Moseley

:rock:

Sounds good too. One thing @ North that I'm not certain about will be his 100% recovery from being dinged up. If hes 90%, they may go with one of the others to start and / or take most of the reps in game 1.

I would hate to be playing RT for BG if they line up in the 4-3 like you have it. Wow. 2015 is going to have some great defensive highlights IMO.

Sounds good too. One thing @ North that I'm not certain about will be his 100% recovery from being dinged up. If hes 90%, they may go with one of the others to start and / or take most of the reps in game 1.

I would hate to be playing RT for BG if they line up in the 4-3 like you have it. Wow. 2015 is going to have some great defensive highlights IMO.

I'd say by the years end we will be absolutely destroying ppl barring all injuries. From a pure speed and talent standpoint I dont see a better overall defense in the nation. And, I beleive we will line up 4-3 to start the game, but go nickel afterwards. Depends on what BG is doing... And I think they need to get North some touches early to get his confidence up... He needs it to prime him for a break out year.

VN Store

Back