Depth Chart for Bowling Green?

Doesn't BGSU run a spread type O? If so, UT will come out in the nickel.

We have never ever come out in nickel. Jancek is a 4-3 guy. We run Nickel most of the time because of the offenses we face. If u pay attention to the starting lineups of the past 3 years they will all be in 4-3 format.

We have never ever come out in nickel. Jancek is a 4-3 guy. We run Nickel most of the time because of the offenses we face. If u pay attention to the starting lineups of the past 3 years they will all be in 4-3 format.

This is a unique approach.

Hate to bust your chops but you are 100% wrong.

UT's starters vs Utah St last year included 5 DB's and 2 LB's. You can find the starting line up for that game at UTsports.com

At the 8:28 mark of this youtube video, UT takes the field on D for the first time with 5 DB's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sN-Moa5H6o

Reactions: 2 people
Okay... I haven't noticed it. You have educated me. But, we are a 4-3 team.. That's why Curt is preseason all american @ Sam... When they name the starters at the begining of every game, whether it be CBS, ESPN, SECN, etc. they will name 4 DL, 3 LB, 2 CB, and 2 S.

Okay... I haven't noticed it. You have educated me. But, we are a 4-3 team.. That's why Curt is preseason all american @ Sam... When they name the starters at the begining of every game, whether it be CBS, ESPN, SECN, etc. they will name 4 DL, 3 LB, 2 CB, and 2 S.

I'm honestly not trying to make you look bad... but they only do that when UT starts in the 4-3 which is generally only against pro-style running team. UT is a 4 down team. This staff has always run with 5 DB's vs spread teams... which as you pointed out is most of the opponents now.

The preseason AA teams put him there because the two DE's they wanted to name were better than the LB that Maggitt was favored over. He'll spend most of the season at DE and could be full time there if someone like Bates emerges as a really good OLB.

Sounds good too. One thing @ North that I'm not certain about will be his 100% recovery from being dinged up. If hes 90%, they may go with one of the others to start and / or take most of the reps in game 1.

I would hate to be playing RT for BG if they line up in the 4-3 like you have it. Wow. 2015 is going to have some great defensive highlights IMO.

Everything is correct except the back of the defense. It will be Randolph and Berry starting at the two Safety positions.:shaking2:

Hate to bust your chops but you are 100% wrong.

UT's starters vs Utah St last year included 5 DB's and 2 LB's. You can find the starting line up for that game at UTsports.com

At the 8:28 mark of this youtube video, UT takes the field on D for the first time with 5 DB's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sN-Moa5H6o
He's *technically* right, since they usually announce the starting lineup in the 4-3.

But not really right, since the teams we've played the past few seasons have opened in 3 WR formations, which are countered with a nickel formation.

Either way, it's a meaningless argument. We're a base 4-3 defense that utilizes a couple different nickel formations because we face a lot of opponents that use 3-4 WR formations.

Doug Matthews just said TKjr and Colton Jumper getting starts.

OL is

Kerby-Robertson-Thomas-Jones-Kendrick

As long as Thomas stays away from Tackle I am good with just about any arrangement.

Last edited:
Doug Matthews just said TKjr and Colton Jumper getting starts.

OL is

Kerby-Robertson-Thomas-Jones-Kendrick

I wonder how much time Kirkland will get. I'd have to imagine they will split MLB pretty evenly between the two so they can see what they have (in game action) before OK.

I wonder how much time Kirkland will get. I'd have to imagine they will split MLB pretty evenly between the two so they can see what they have (in game action) before OK.

Agreed. I think Kirkland will get a few reps as well. They need to see some live reps to determine who can manage the middle of that D.

Trevor Daniels is the punter according to Mathews. Ev Berry to return kicks, Sutton to return punts with Pearson also getting a look there.

With all the speed we have having Sutton (our best back seven defender) return punts just isn't a risk worth taking.

Just my guess now with Matthews info assumed correct.

QB- Dobbs/Dormady
RB- Hurd/Kamara
X- North/Smith
Y- Pearson/Johnson
Z- Malone/Jennings
TE- Wolf/Ellis or Creamer
LT- Kerbyson/Hall
LG- Robertson/Weisman
C- Thomas/Crowder
RG- Jones/Mosley
RT- Kendrick/Blair

DE- Barnett/Lewis