Derrell Scott transfer rumor

Why do these kids think a job should be handed to them,work hard and get better
you know butch is going to play the best player reguardless of class,going some where
else won't make you better.

I watched an old video on YouTube about the Vols. It says that one of the sayings back in the day about the running backs was "If you stay, you'll play". We need that mentality again

Reactions: 1 person
He was only healthy for about two games. He didn't have much opportunity to impress

The kid was pissed at the staff because he got injured in a contact drill. I realize our depth at rb is not great but this is addition by subtraction.

The kid was pissed at the staff because he got injured in a contact drill. I realize our depth at rb is not great but this is addition by subtraction.
When Bullock was injured in a drill, everybody beat up on Dooley for the drill. Nobody has said a word against Butch .

Saying you weren't impressed and don't care that he is leaving is silly IMO.

I wasn't impressed with Jay Graham as a true freshman. He worked out pretty well for us. 😎

I thought the same thing about Travis Stephens in 98'. 5'8 190lbs. Nahhh, that kid will never
see any playing time. :eek:lol:

I don't understand.. Wasn't scott hurt most of the season? If he had been healthy he wouldve gotten lots more carries. If you wanna play the best you have to beat the best.. Why not just work hard and try to earn more meaningful reps next season? He's only a true freshman.. But whatever happens good luck to you derrell.. I honestly hope you make the correct decision for you.

Don't wont to be here get the h@ll out of here and don't let the door hit him in the azz, we can and will replace him with somebody better, you can tell he doesn't like to compete against elite talent, we don't need players like that, just go baby bye.

Reactions: 2 people
Why do these kids think a job should be handed to them,work hard and get better
you know butch is going to play the best player reguardless of class,going some where
else won't make you better.

You're making a big assumption about his attitude and why he's leaving.

Reactions: 5 people
Who cares, he wouldn't have a shot next year. Lots of good players coming in. It just makes room for a guy that wants to be here.

I watched an old video on YouTube about the Vols. It says that one of the sayings back in the day about the running backs was "If you stay, you'll play". We need that mentality again

Senior RB Tony Thompson stepped up in 1990 after Chuck Webb tore his ACL vs Pacific in the home opener.

At Mississippi State he rushed for 248 yards.

Thompson was unexpectedly good in 1990 - if Webb had been healthy we would have contended for a National Championship, but Tony stepped up and helped us win an SEC Championship - our last trip to the Sugarbowl.

Reactions: 5 people
This has been talked about in the RF for a few days now, maybe longer. It does appear that he is on his way out, and NCSU is his preferred destination. Hard to say too much at this point though because nothing is official, so until that time, he is a Vol and I refuse to say anything negative about him.

Aaaannd it appears this mentality did not carry over to the rest of the posters in this thread.

Reactions: 4 people
Anybody remember Davante Borque? Heard the reason he left was because he got drilled by McCullers in a practice.

I say if they want to transfer, let them go. We can replace them with equally talented players who want to be here, and will give their all for the Big Orange.

Don't wont to be here get the h@ll out of here and don't let the door hit him in the azz, we can and will replace him with somebody better, you can tell he doesn't like to compete against elite talent, we don't need players like that, just go baby bye.

How can you tell he doesn't like to compete against elite talent?
Oh, and you're wrong.

Whatever the young man's decision is, I hope he makes it an educated decision. Spur of the moment decisions do not usually work out so well. If he wants to stay and work hard, by all means stay. If not, than good luck in his future endeavors.

I understand the "where there's smoke" mentality, but for some to be making disparaging comments about an 18 year old who is a member of our football team based on rumors seems to be destructive at best.

If I had the mentality and time for this stuff, I would establish myself on opponent message board to create dissension and effect potential recruits. It seems to work on this board.

Reactions: 3 people
I thought the same thing about Travis Stephens in 98'. 5'8 190lbs. Nahhh, that kid will never
see any playing time. :eek:lol:

You should have paid attention to his performance on the field instead of his stature. He got carries as a freshman and his talent was easy to see then.

Rumor alert. A friend that is a NCSU booster said he heard that Scott had asked for a release for NCSU. He also heard NC State told him they didn't have room for him

Runningbacks for 2015 = Hurd & Kamara!!!!

We will now have room to sign the 3rd q.b. S. Jones from California who committed to Florida before Muschamp was fired/resigned!!!

Boom there it is!!!!!!!

VN Store

Back