Derrell Scott transfer rumor

There is truth in what he said.
Why not address his question instead of deflecting?

I think Butch takes enough for just statements on here...these drills weren't willy nilly sprung on these players...he's done them everywhere he's coached. Whether Dooley was "unfairly" criticized for the same thing? Can't relate...supported Dooley until it was established that he couldn't do the job...unique approach, I know! :good!:

Reactions: 2 people
if he's transferring just because of the whole Circle of Life Drill thing. Then screw Scott and I don't want him on the team. We'll be fine with Hurd, Kamara, Reid and maybe Love and Paulk (if he gets reinstated) we'll be fine

if he's transferring just because of the whole Circle of Life Drill thing. Then screw Scott and I don't want him on the team. We'll be fine with Hurd, Kamara, Reid and maybe Love and Paulk (if he gets reinstated) we'll be fine

If it is because of the circle of life incident then he is making an immature decision. Not all that surprising for a 18-19 year old kid. If that's the case, I hope he grows up and finds some success down the road but I definitely wouldn't go so far as to say "screw him" for making an immature decision...

Reactions: 1 person
Running back recruiting has been dismal for a long time now.

Really?

We got top 2 a few years back in Brown and Oku(all purpose back).
(I'll admit they didn't pan out)

We got Hurd a 5* last year.

I'll settle for another 5* this year and will also settle for only 1 of the top 2.

Why do these kids think a job should be handed to them,work hard and get better
you know butch is going to play the best player reguardless of class,going some where
else won't make you better.

Why is everyone so sure that 4 players left this week because of playing time or circle of life. Could there be something else going on????? Don't it make you wonder?

Last edited:
Why is everyone so sure that 4 players left this week because of playing time or circle of life. Could there be something else going on????? Don't it make you wonder?

attrition happens everywhere...guys come in compete and see that a guy in their same class is just flat out better and they want to be the man so they move to a college where they hope they fit i.e. NC State.
Helm would surprise me because he and Wolfe would share the load especially in 2 TE sets.

attrition happens everywhere...guys come in compete and see that a guy in their same class is just flat out better and they want to be the man so they move to a college where they hope they fit i.e. NC State.
Helm would surprise me because he and Wolfe would share the load especially in 2 TE sets.
Attrition happens, yes, in ones and twos, but when your talking about possibly five 4* leaving from a single class I'm not sure you can chalk it up to "attrition".

Reactions: 2 people
Sometimes it is just a matter of seeing how you stack up with the talent at your position. Once you see that two or more players are better than you, it is time to go to a more suited competition at a lesser school. I seem to recall we had another highly regarded qb when peyton was here as a freshman. Whatever happened to that guy.

Sometimes it is just a matter of seeing how you stack up with the talent at your position. Once you see that two or more players are better than you, it is time to go to a more suited competition at a lesser school. I seem to recall we had another highly regarded qb when peyton was here as a freshman. Whatever happened to that guy.

Oddly enough he did play a role in our 98 NC. Brandon Stewart. Ended up at Texas A&M as a backup I believe.

VN Store

Back