Did Peterman get hurt or something??

So you know more than the caches do right?

No, I agree with the coaches. That's why the coaches elevated Peterman to #2 despite such minor playing time - and demoted Dobbs despite his many games.

Those pesky facts just keep tripping you guys up.

Last edited:
No, I agree with the coaches. That's why the coaches elevated Peterman to #2 despite such minor playing time - and demoted Dobbs despite his many games.

Those pesky facts just keep tripping you guys up.

So explain why Peterman was pulled so early last night? If he was the clear #2, why didn't he play more? Especially after the first quarter when the game was getting out of hand?

Peterman was #2 by default because of Dobbs red shirt.

Redshirt removed, Josh Dobbs steps up for Tennessee Vols

Keep on believing what you want though. Peterman has not shown he can do much. And that's why he doesn't play. If you say you trust the coaches, then you must trust their decision that Dobbs is better than Peterman. Last night was proof.

Reactions: 1 person
So explain why Peterman was pulled so early last night? If he was the clear #2, why didn't he play more? Especially after the first quarter when the game was getting out of hand?

Peterman was #2 by default because of Dobbs red shirt.

Redshirt removed, Josh Dobbs steps up for Tennessee Vols

Keep on believing what you want though. Peterman has not shown he can do much. And that's why he doesn't play. If you say you trust the coaches, then you must trust their decision that Dobbs is better than Peterman. Last night was proof.

It was scripted by Butch to insert Dobbs on third possession. This was announced early. Peterman wasn't pulled for performance issues. Dobbs added a dimension of quick feet and mobility that was critcally needed with no offensive line protection against the Bama front seven.

This myth about Peterman being #2 because Dobbs was being preserved via red-shirt is a lame excuse swapped among those who refuse admit that Peterman beat Dobbs badly in the summer QB competition. That is in fact what happened. Peterman beat Dobbs by a wide margin and took over the #2 position. He was even threatening to take #1, but Worley's game management skills solidified his #1 position.
If Dobbs was being preserved via red-shirt, Butch would not have scripted for Dobbs to play last night. The Dobbs red-shirt myth was never true. Dobbs was simply #3.

Butch knows the realities. For now, he will likely will play Dobbs for the mobility, since the offensive line is so inexperienced. However, he knows the history. Dobbs is a fan favorite, but still a very erratic passer who piled up interceptions last year and seemed to get worse in the summer - despite outside QB training. He knows that Dobbs inaccuracy may not be fixable. He also knows he doesn't wan't to start all over with a freshman next year. Once Dobbs fatal flaws become apparent again (like last year) the honeymoon will be over. Butch has a predicament.

And most of the videos I watch were comprised of passing drills where the QB didn't actually snap the ball, he just threw it to the receiver. That obviously translates to being a game-changer. Peterman was paralyzed after the Florida defender hit his hand, resulting in his first interception, and the fumble vs UGA this year. FAAAAACT

Peterman didn't fumble vs UGA. Just fyi.

He didn't rewrite the practice record books. He wrote them himself to appease me, because I can obviously tell he's the best QB, especially after the hours of practice video I watched. And I thought Riley Ferguson stole his fourth star right before he left?

Riley stole our hearts long before that. :cray:

VN Store

Back