Enough with the excuses!

My guess is they will start in late October or early November, if not earlier, just wait and see!!!! OP may "lead the charge."

I know you were using hyperbole but please don't... It only fuels crap like the OP.

Many think I'm "negative" or too demanding. Actually all I am asking for is improvement in on the field results. I'd like something better but would take UT beating the teams they have a talent advantage over this fall and being competitive in the rest.

I don't think the problem is hearing we are young this year, I think the problem is hearing we are young for the last 6 years, young, inexperienced, slow, lacking depth, I think we have all heard about as much we all want to hear. I really hope Coach Jones turns things around in the next two years.

Here is the problem, if he doesn't turn it around in the next two years what are the excuses going to be, it will be "We are Lacking Depth".

I do think Coach Jones has the work ethic to make it happen, but I think we are all just frustrated with the last 6 years and are all just way tired of hearing all of the excuses.

I also think that Coach Jones is catching a whole lot of flack for what we have all been through for the last 6 years.

What I am really interested in seeing is what happens 3 years from now, with this full class of seniors under Coach Jones and a class of stacked Juniors right under them.

I think we are in for a long painful 3 years of growing pains, and I really hate to say this but If we must suffer through 3 years of mediocrity then our number 1 objective at this point is to keep the staff and players together and consistent. The reason for such is hopefully by the end we will either be a powerhouse again, OR there will be no more excuses, and luckily the one thing CBJ seems to be VERY good at is recruiting, and if we need a replacement for him we will be stacked and consistent for the replacement, NO CONTRACT EXTENSIONS.

PS I SINCERELY hope we don't have to find another football coach for 20 years.

Last edited:
2015. Facts overtake excuses. Youth is a big deal. U can take a team of all 3 stars who have been together for 3-4 years and put them against all 5 star freshman that never played and the freshman will get beat. Experience, youth, muscle development and all that play a big role. Last year was a new system and we beat a top 5 team and almost beat another top 10 team. We lost three star recievers and a qb to the NFL. That was a big loss last year. Those r facts.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think the problem is hearing we are young this year, I think the problem is hearing we are young for the last 6 years, young, inexperienced, slow, lacking depth, I think we have all heard about as much we all want to hear. I really hope Coach Jones turns things around in the next two years.

Here is the problem, if he doesn't turn it around in the next two years what are the excuses going to be, it will be "We are Lacking Depth".

I do think Coach Jones has the work ethic to make it happen, but I think we are all just frustrated with the last 6 years and are all just way tired of hearing all of the excuses.
How would you feel if you took over running an operation a year ago and all you hear is *****ing about everything being crappy for the last six years?

Reality will soon set in as soon as we go to Norman

It will be close for awhile, then depth and youth will haunt us in the 2nd half

As the season goes on, it will get worse

Reactions: 2 people

As the season goes on they will begin to gel better actually. But Norman will be a reality check for the youth. Yet, crazy things have happened.

Reactions: 1 person

I'm as frustrated as the next guy. As fans we need to quit asking "what happens in 3 years if" and let year two play itself out.

Unlike the Doolittle era, there aren't warning bells going off. The recruiting is on target but the jury may still be out on the game day abilities of our coaches to a certain degree. I have no beef with someone who may feel that way at this stage of the game. Let's just see how THIS year goes before worrying about the next.

Going back to Fulmer "we're a young team" and his banter with "the next recruiting class" to Dooleys "we're young bla bla bla" Now, we have Butch following the same pattern! Well, those players should be parents of Jr. High kids by now and all these great recruits should be winning us NCs! No more year zero and other slogans because as of last year Butch and the team got rung all season long beginning with Oregan and let GA off the hook and that's not counting the loss against Fla. I say no more excuses and no more pumping sunshine!

Post less

Reactions: 6 people

The only reality check that will take place in Norman is the one OU gets when UT pushes them to the brink(maybe wins)

If so then that will be a strong sign that Jones isn't the right guy.

OP is ready to fire Butch and get the next coaching staff in. Then the next----then the next----then the next----then the next.!!!!!! :whistling:

Tennessee's roster includes 51 players in their first or second years in the program, and there are only 11 players with 10 or more career starts, a list that includes punter Matt Darr and a pair of true sophomores in receiver Marquez North and cornerback Cameron Sutton, All-SEC freshman team selections last season.

Not sure the OP comprehends what this really means for the team. It doesn't dictate the players' efforts or desire to win. But it will, unfortunately, dictate the outcome of some games in 2014.

kirk-lazarus-tropic-thunder.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
The only reality check that will take place in Norman is the one OU gets when UT pushes them to the brink(maybe wins)

You've been here a long time and you didn't add a sarcasm indicator at the end of your post so I assume you expect others to just pick up on it! Right?

You've been here a long time and you didn't add a sarcasm indicator at the end of your post so I assume you expect others to just pick up on it! Right?

There ain't nothing sarcastic about what I said. OU will be shocked at the talent displayed on that night.

Not sure the OP comprehends what this really means for the team. It doesn't dictate the players' efforts or desire to win. But it will, unfortunately, dictate the outcome of some games in 2014.

The OP gets one thing right. UT has been "young" or "thin" or "slow" or some other excuse for years now. Jones didn't create that problem but he did sign a contract that made him the guy responsible for fixing it.

And by "outcome" if you are talking about competing for the East... or the SEC much less the NC then sure. If you are talking about another losing record... then NO.

VN Store

Back