Enough with the excuses!

If so then that will be a strong sign that Jones isn't the right guy.

It's not that simple, but whatever. It could mean we had injuries to true freshmen and had to play more true freshmen during a top 10 toughest schedule. We have young guys that haven't been in a college program and will hit a wall.

Deciding what the season would mean without knowing the circumstances is foolish.

Reactions: 3 people
As the season goes on they will begin to gel better actually. But Norman will be a reality check for the youth. Yet, crazy things have happened.

Gel, yes

Wearing down from playing one of the toughest schedules will be hard on the freshmen. They have only been in the S and C program for 8 months. They have never been through anything like what they are about to embark on.

Gel, yes

Wearing down from playing one if the toughest schedules will be hard on the freshmen. They have only been in the S and C program for 8 months. They have never been through anything like what they are about to embark on.

Which has little to do with Butch proving to be the right man or not next year.

Gel, yes

Wearing down from playing one if the toughest schedules will be hard on the freshmen. They have only been in the S and C program for 8 months. They have never been through anything like what they are about to embark on.

They will be up to the task. They will not fail. A select view will rise above and exceed expectations.

I don't think. I think OU would be a tough matchup if we were loaded with seniors and coming off an 11-2 season

The Bama win wasn't a fluke for OU

I wasn't talking about OU. I just hope they show more spunk than the team did at Oregon last year.

I was talking about your prediction that things would get worse over the course of the season. I think it would be a bit naïve to expect Fr to play like JR's and Sr's in the early going. But if the coaching is what it should be... they won't be playing like Fr by the time they get to the last half of the season.

I wasn't talking about OU. I just hope they show more spunk than the team did at Oregon last year.

I was talking about your prediction that things would get worse over the course of the season. I think it would be a bit naïve to expect Fr to play like JR's and Sr's in the early going. But if the coaching is what it should be... they won't be playing like Fr by the time they get to the last half of the season.

Gotcha

It's not that simple, but whatever. It could mean we had injuries to true freshmen and had to play more true freshmen during a top 10 toughest schedule. We have young guys that haven't been in a college program and will hit a wall.

Deciding what the season would mean without knowing the circumstances is foolish.

I didn't quite decide though, did I? I think you and I would get back to getting along pretty good if you would just read what I actually write more carefully.

I don't like how most of you think OU will win convincingly. It will be a close battle. We will not lose a game by more then 13 points all year.

There could be unusual injuries and that could mitigate some. OTOH, he's had most of the team in HIS S&C program for 2 years now. I don't think many of us believe them to be championship caliber players but if the coaching and S&C is good then they plus the Fr after they get some experience should be able to handle teams like Mizzou, Vandy, UK,... They should be able to give Bama, USCe, and Ole Miss "game" by that part of the season.

I didn't quite decide though, did I? I think you and I would get back to getting along pretty good if you would just read what I actually write more carefully.

"If so, it will be a strong sign that Butch isn't the right guy". That was your quote in response to Count saying things could get worse with the schedule and youth.

I'm not worried about getting along, but feel free to tell me what I misread.

Gel, yes

Wearing down from playing one of the toughest schedules will be hard on the freshmen. They have only been in the S and C program for 8 months. They have never been through anything like what they are about to embark on.

The upperclassmen will have to play a bigger role than many of you expect and THEIR play will be very heavily impacted by the S&C they've gotten over the past two years.

UT will need Fr to play. They won't actually need a bunch of them to start right away. Probably one or possibly two on each side of the ball. Depends on Downs' return and what they do at LB.

"If so, it will be a strong sign that Butch isn't the right guy". That was your quote in response to Count saying things could get worse with the schedule and youth.

I'm not worried about getting along, but feel free to tell me what I misread.

A strong sign is not a conclusion.

And I'll stand by that. If UT gets hammered by OU then the season goes downhill from there... that will be a strong indicator that Jones isn't getting the best out of what he's got.

Reactions: 2 people
Going back to Fulmer "we're a young team" and his banter with "the next recruiting class" to Dooleys "we're young bla bla bla" Now, we have Butch following the same pattern! Well, those players should be parents of Jr. High kids by now and all these great recruits should be winning us NCs! No more year zero and other slogans because as of last year Butch and the team got rung all season long beginning with Oregan and let GA off the hook and that's not counting the loss against Fla. I say no more excuses and no more pumping sunshine!

i must have missed the Oregan game. Dont remember them.

VN Store

Back