Enough with the excuses!

A strong sign is not a conclusion.

And I'll stand by that. If UT gets hammered by OU then the season goes downhill from there... that will be a strong indicator that Jones isn't getting the best out of what he's got.

Now you add season going downhill and nobody said that. Maybe you should focus on what others and you post.

If Butch is forced to play even more young players that should be redshirting due to depth issues as we go into another brutal schedule means nothing in regards to Butchs or any coaches ability to win in the long run, especially in yr 2 with half the underclassmen as under. Zero. You said it "will point strongly" to failure.

Reactions: 1 person

And I'll stand by that. If UT gets hammered by OU then the season goes downhill from there... that will be a strong indicator that Jones isn't getting the best out of what he's got.
And if it doesn't go downhill from there.........

Dude...your just wrong...you've been here a while and have a bunch of posts...but your just wrong. just another delusional fan who expects turnarounds to happen overnight.

Last edited:
Chances are were going to get hammered by Oklahoma. How our team bounces back will determine the team we have. We can either cry into our panties or kick ass after.

Gotta let the young kids learn how to be college football players.

Chances are were going to get hammered by Oklahoma. How our team bounces back will determine the team we have. We can either cry into our panties or kick ass after.

Gotta let the young kids learn how to be college football players.

true but i also thought OU was going to hammer Texas and WVU last year too. Didnt quite happen. That team has been Jekyll and Hyde for several years now. You really never know what you will get. You could get Sugar Bowl Sooners or the Sooners from the WVU game last yr. The game where WVU was leading half of the game and OU scores late to win 16-7 or something like that. Texas pretty much ran them out of the stadium and they were awful last yr.

Going back to Fulmer "we're a young team" and his banter with "the next recruiting class" to Dooleys "we're young bla bla bla" Now, we have Butch following the same pattern! Well, those players should be parents of Jr. High kids by now and all these great recruits should be winning us NCs! No more year zero and other slogans because as of last year Butch and the team got rung all season long beginning with Oregan and let GA off the hook and that's not counting the loss against Fla. I say no more excuses and no more pumping sunshine!

were vols bro, excuses are all we really have anymore. still have the liquor to ease the sorry play we have seen on the field though. i have the scotch and bourbon ready to go for the season.lol

There were 78 players voted on the preseason All SEC teams (1st-3rd). We had a total of 2 players. I have no problem with CBJ stating the obvious and I don't consider them excuses since he does something everyday to improve the program. Dooley's excuses were for the most part his own fault so to me they were unacceptable.

i've said all along jones coaching ability is suspect. he needs to look good this year or next year he will be on the hot seat.

Going back to Fulmer "we're a young team" and his banter with "the next recruiting class" to Dooleys "we're young bla bla bla" Now, we have Butch following the same pattern! Well, those players should be parents of Jr. High kids by now and all these great recruits should be winning us NCs! No more year zero and other slogans because as of last year Butch and the team got rung all season long beginning with Oregan and let GA off the hook and that's not counting the loss against Fla. I say no more excuses and no more pumping sunshine!

we also beat a top 10 team.. did it with one of the worst teams UT has EVER put on the field..

They are not excuses if its true.. they are reasons. People like you are why we are in this situation to begin with.

Just couldnt be happy with the winningest coach in CFB. A year removed from the SECCG. Let's go and fire the coach that has given us this sense of entitlement.

Teams should just roll over and play dead as soon as we show up!!! How dare they try to win the game also!!! this is an outrage!!!

And I thought I was drunk at 1:43.

Only 34 more days of off season threads.

Kinda like counting down the shopping days before Christmas.

Is oregan a mysterious place like willy wankas factory? Show me!

The OP gets one thing right. UT has been "young" or "thin" or "slow" or some other excuse for years now. Jones didn't create that problem but he did sign a contract that made him the guy responsible for fixing it.

And by "outcome" if you are talking about competing for the East... or the SEC much less the NC then sure. If you are talking about another losing record... then NO.

I don't recall that excuse in 2012.

I do remember hearing this 2 yrs ago:

“I know the SEC has enjoyed taking advantage of our tough times,” Dooley said. “But there’s a nice mood on our team right now that you’re not going to have Tennessee to kick around anymore.”

Idiots don't deserve a reply.

At the end of the day it's very easy for us to talk like this when we just watch the game from the stands or the comfort of our living rooms.

Reactions: 2 people
I for one agree with the OP. Those kids that Fulmer brought in, in 2005 have what 8 years? of experience. Its time for them to start winning. Wait, what they graduated? Four or five years ago? Oh.... well never mind.

Fahr Butch if he don't win the NC this year!

VN Store

Back