Everything that people thought about Butch is being confirmed

Looks like the same product. 2 muffed punts and multiple false starts, at home.

Hoke didn't do us any favors when he tried that dumb field goal when we were down 10-3.rather than have our best play, Trevor Daniel pin them back, he goes for a long field goal against a bad wind. Kick is nowhere close, they get good field position and drive it down to go up 17-3. Bad decision

Reactions: 2 people
Good news is there should be no doubt that Hoke is gone after next week. First half was mismanaged almost as bad as a Butch Jones effort. Bad luck getting the ball first in second half and cowardly poltroon refs should have delayed the start for ten minutes to allow worst weather to pass and lights to come back on. That would have required affirmative decision making, though. Also, most of what we have out there now is what we will have to go with next year, with a dismal class, if any, coming up. great times.

A lot of members on here have said Butch micro-managed everything, and after tonight's game, I tend to agree with them. Yes, they lost, but I saw a defense tonight that kinda indicated what Shoop can do when he doesn't have Butch in his ear. And as far as the offense goes, I think you get what you get when you have to finish out the year with Butch's scheme. Hoke did do some things we haven't seen from Butch so it's very obvious Butch was the problem. Glad he's gone, just wish it would have been sooner.

Reactions: 4 people
game looked like a normal 2017 Vol game to me. start out strong defensively then, as the game goes on, we cave. same old story

What did you expect with only one week to fix the whole season of Butch problems. Some of you people wouldn't be happy with Vince Lombardi if he was resurrected.

Larry Scott showed his is not an OC and it's not all Butch's fault on the lack of offense. With a make shift line our most frequent play call was a handoff up the middle. Did the defense whimp out the second half. No fire and no penetration like we saw the first half.

Reactions: 3 people
I feel bad for Kelley when he knows it's a run up the middle and the d-line is going to meet him in the back field.

What did you expect with only one week to fix the whole season of Butch problems. Some of you people wouldn't be happy with Vince Lombardi if he was resurrected.

If he came straight from the graveyard, I wouldn't. He probably wouldn't smell too good.

I don’t think you can change a lot in a week. Glad BJ is gone. The players looked like they were relaxed and having fun in a monsoon. Cheers to next year!

Reactions: 1 person
So many of yall are just sad. There was a differrence in the play tonight. Hoke was darned if he went for it or didnt with this fan base. Complain if they try to run inside... complain if they try outside.... trick plays... no trick plays....people they were down to walk-on oline and freshmen oline..... fresmen Dbs and linebackers playing at times. MY goodness some of you people are unbelievable..... and the field and weather was ridiculous. Yeah bad play calls occured and bad execution... but dang.... reality folks. They gave themselves a chance...better than last week and at kentucky.

Reactions: 3 people
So many of yall are just sad. There was a differrence in the play tonight. Hoke was darned if he went for it or didnt with this fan base. Complain if they try to run inside... complain if they try outside.... trick plays... no trick plays....people they were down to walk-on oline and freshmen oline..... fresmen Dbs and linebackers playing at times. MY goodness some of you people are unbelievable..... and the field and weather was ridiculous. Yeah bad play calls occured and bad execution... but dang.... reality folks. They gave themselves a chance...better than last week and at kentucky.
And the sidelines showed an excited team. A different feel

Reactions: 1 person
The guys do seem pumped up. I think Butch was trying to sabotage this program this year.

I asked the question earlier this year ,what would the Butch supporters think if he threw the season on purpose to get out of Knoxville?

He wanted out last year and couldn't catch a ride on another program

I asked the question earlier this year ,what would the Butch supporters think if he threw the season on purpose to get out of Knoxville?

He wanted out last year and couldn't catch a ride on another program

Would be more believable if not for the number of injuries

Blame Butch for all the team failings if you will be to me, the root cause of this years debacle has been the offensive line. It is the worst OL in college football. No holes to run through, no time for the QB to wait for receivers to get open and always seems to have procedure penalties at the worst possible time. Failure to keep the ball long enough means the marginal defense gets less rest and peters out in the 2nd half. I don't think Butch was a bad coach but he didn't get a lot of help from his OL this year and paid the price for it.

VN Store

Back