Frank Wycheck's opinion (Oline) recruiting:

Yes. Same one who called plays last season when we had the most rushing yards in the last decade.
I think most of us realize that without the right personnel, no amount of ingenious coaching is going to turn guards into natural tackles. Add the time required in picking up the litany of nuances required with zone blocking schemes and the time necessary in the S&G program, then anyone who's played some football themselves realize that being able to react to these outrageous D-linemen week after week can be demoralizing. Add all this fan angst and these young men are battling some of you negative no-nothings along with opposing linemen. Give 'em all time...coaches as well as players, and CBJ will right whatever's not working right but, hey, how's he supposed to do it THIS WEEK? He's got what he's got and there's help on the way. Patience, kids.

Reactions: 4 people
Blair is one damn player!!!!!!!!! Plus, he's been redshirted, not dismissed!!!

Why does everyone refer to Blair when discussing all JUCOs....this is nuts............

We have had success with JUCO players before. CP was the last great one we've had. I think the urgent need to improve the OL requires that every avenue is explored to include JUCO players.

After Blair, I wonder if he feels confident taking JUCO OL? But IMO if we have an average OL next year we should be a pretty decent team. Something must be done quickly though, these OL that we have are simply not improving. Maybe another year in the weight rooms will make a big difference.

Bone, from what I saw the other night, weights is not the problem... footwork is. Everyone was bullrushed on the outside. Our guys were behind from the snap of the ball.:thumbsup:

We have had success with JUCO players before. CP was the last great one we've had. I think the urgent need to improve the OL requires that every avenue is explored to include JUCO players.

CP wasn't a lineman. It's apples and oranges. Also CP's routes were not always the best.

I agree with an earlier poster. Senior transfers could possibly be a better immediate help.

Reactions: 1 person
Moving 3-5 yrds laterally must be very difficult for these guys.And for you guys talking about taking HS o-line instead of juco o-line regardless of talent level, what we're supposed to wait 4 yrs to have a decent line?

Please name the successful offensive linemen for UT that have come from the JUCO route

Blair is redshirting. They see a lot of promise in him and are looking at him as an answer for OT in 2015 and 2016. He came in out of shape and they realized he wouldn't be ready until game 3 or later. Thought it would be better to get 2 full seasons out of him. 2015 and 2016 are the seasons that Butch knows he has to produce.

No offense, but this does not make sense. I thought Blair was an EE. After all that time with him, how much of a difference is Week 1 of the season to Week 3 going to make? And, if he were ready by Week 3, he would be playing right now. I really don't think the coaches would sacrifice this season just to redshirt one OL.

It would seem to me that he best judge of our issues on the OL would be our staff. It seems many on here show full support for our staff, yet for whatever reason are unwilling to allow them to make their decision on who has the ability to help us.
It's a discussion board. It's what we do and has nothing to do with letting the coaches do their jobs.

Blair will be fine. Another year of S&C and he will be starting next fall. This year is pretty much done, so I don't think we should pull him out of a rs year.

Next year will be much better. Our OL will be much improved. We have to trust that Butch knows what he is doing. Patience, grasshoppers!!

Did it take Frank to tell you that we need Help, Freshmen cant play the OL in this League, we proved that this year didn't we.

will he have the same person calling plays.

I think our OC is completely hamstrung with the current Oline. It really doesn't matter who's calling the plays right now, we don't have an Oline that can execute what they are supposed to do consistently.

Reactions: 2 people
After Blair, I wonder if he feels confident taking JUCO OL? But IMO if we have an average OL next year we should be a pretty decent team. Something must be done quickly though, these OL that we have are simply not improving. Maybe another year in the weight rooms will make a big difference.

I'd take a chance with JUCO's. Not the slightest bit of improvement with this OL should make it a no brainer.

Did it take Frank to tell you that we need Help, Freshmen cant play the OL in this League, we proved that this year didn't we.

Nope. Poop. Don't think they are actively recruiting any JUCO OL or looking at transfers....

He said UT has to have some.....

Pretty self explanatory

This morning on 104.5 the zone Nashville, UTs OL was a big topic and widly discussed.

Frank Wycheck (very meaningful opinion)

Tennessee has to go the JUCO route or the transfer route to bring in immediate help with the OL for '15 class.

Your thoughts?

*this was broadcasted after the early morning thread started about this same topic.

Here's a list of top rated OT in the top 50 of JUCO players available for '15:

Martinas Rankin - uncommitted
Maurice Porter - Baylor verbal
Zach Bateman - uncommitted
Paris Palmer - USCjr verbal
DeVondre Seymour - UGA verbal
Glen Bethel - uncommitted
Tyler Howell - uncommitted
Lio LaFaele - Texas Tech verbal

*All the above are 4 star rated players*

Frank is a walking concussion. Who cares about a single word that he is able to utter.

VN Store

Back