Frank Wycheck's opinion (Oline) recruiting:

Actually he keeps up with the Vols as much or more than we do. This is part of his job. He's paid to keep up with all the local teams. He is on a popular morning show every day in Nashville. He has to cover Vols to the extent of being able to discuss them daily. They talk Vols daily and have guest segments exclusively regarding the Vols..........

So, I'm betting he knows a bit more than us and certainly with his assessment of an offensive line being that he played offensive line.
He played tight end.

We have had one good recruiting year (Last year) in the last 5 years so its pretty tough for it to translate to the field yet. You have seen how well a lot of the freshman are playing and it appears next years class will be just as talented. Still it takes a long time to build a football program that had hit rock bottom. Look at Mississippi State they start 18 seniors and have 22 redshirt seniors in the 2 deep chart. We have to get to the point where the majority of people getting meaningful snaps are juniors and seniors. The key is having good recruiting years every year so that you can line up toe to toe with the better SEC clubs. There is no shortcut to this.

Well said. "There is no shortcut to this." Also no quick fixes.

will he have the same person calling plays.

Two freshmen playing on the right side. A DL starts at RG. A guard is having to play LT. Only 5 starts among all O Linemen. 2 Freshman TEs. And you blame the OC?

You are f***ing brilliant, man. :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Reactions: 2 people
Two freshmen playing on the right side. A DL starts at RG. A guard is having to play LT. Only 5 starts among all O Linemen. 2 Freshman TEs. And you blame the OC?

Tell that to the entirety of the Football Forum.

They would rejoice if we fired the whole coaching staff tomorrow.

I think people are concerned that they are getting worse, not better. They are regressing not progressing

Reactions: 1 person
I think people are concerned that they are getting worse, not better. They are regressing not progressing

Well, we played #4 on the road then #12 on the road. We also played #3 on the road and have the new #4 coming to town this weekend. That's a heck of a way to break in some brand new linemen.

Der u have it. Anyone who wants to blame 2 freshman who technically don't have to be playing for all our offensive ineptitude is awfully generous.

Or cruel

Last edited:
Well, we played #4 on the road then #12 on the road. We also played #3 on the road and have the new #4 coming to town this weekend. That's a heck of a way to break in some brand new linemen.

What was UF ranked? I forget. UTC was #17.

In the FCS

Der u have it. Anyone who wants to blame 2 freshman who technically don't have to be playing for all our offensive ineptitude is awfully generous.

It's easy to point the finger at the O-line, but other people, as I've said before, have to step up as well. Too many good passes have gone to waste through these first 7 games. Worley has got to throw the ball away if he can't run for positive yardage (at this point I want him to run as much as he can. Who cares now?). Tired of him running out of bounds for a 2-3 yard loss. It's just stupid.

And holy mother of God the interceptions....

It's easy to point the finger at the O-line, but other people, as I've said before, have to step up as well. Too many good passes have gone to waste through these first 7 games. Worley has got to throw the ball away if he can't run for positive yardage (at this point I want him to run as much as he can. Who cares now?). Tired of him running out of bounds for a 2-3 yard loss. It's just stupid.

And holy mother of God the interceptions....

I've clamored some and have been questioned about it but all my statements have been about the offense as a whole. I find it crazy people are placated by a statement we have a couple freshman on the line for a catastrophe of an offense. 0 big plays.

I've clamored some and have been questioned about it but all my statements have been about the offense as a whole. I find it crazy people are placated by a statement we have a couple freshman on the line for a catastrophe of an offense. 0 big plays.

Worley, for whatever reason (I'm assuming it's the line) has slowly fallen back into his 2013 habits this season. The Georgia game looked pretty good minus the fumble and whatnot. I thought we had a shot at doing some big things this season while I was watching that game.

Actually he keeps up with the Vols as much or more than we do. This is part of his job. He's paid to keep up with all the local teams. He is on a popular morning show every day in Nashville. He has to cover Vols to the extent of being able to discuss them daily. They talk Vols daily and have guest segments exclusively regarding the Vols..........

So, I'm betting he knows a bit more than us and certainly with his assessment of an offensive line being that he played offensive line.

So you think just because he is on a talk show he keeps up with the Vols??

Actually proved it in 2010. Then the prior staff did not recruit any OL for one year then only 3 the next...do not think they did for 2013 either...put current staff way behind in the trenches.

May have to kneecap dooley since he is near with the Cowboys... Butchna you want the right or the left kneecap?

He leans right when he skedaddles...so I'll Louisville Slugger that left un Doc! :aggressive:

I listen to that show every day on my way to work. Frank is as off the cuff as you will find in sports radio. I can guarantee you he does not put in time outside the show doing research into the UT Vols. If you listen to the show every day that is blatantly obvious.

the problem has been the entire offense with special problems on the OL.

WRs havent lived up to their potential either.

Only 1 rb can gain a yd.....one friggin yd. Id rather see QB sneak than Prickett or Lane run it.

OC has been bad most of the season. Very poor job at Ole Miss and vs florida

Only one TE can play winning football and hes been hurt

Exactly at what level has Frank ever coached or recruited? Just wondering why anyone should give a damn. Should we get a panel of former players to decide who we recruit?

Exactly at what level has Frank ever coached or recruited? Just wondering why anyone should give a damn. Should we get a panel of former players to decide who we recruit?

Frank farted out more football knowledge this morning than most people have ever known about the game.

I listen to that show every day on my way to work. Frank is as off the cuff as you will find in sports radio. I can guarantee you he does not put in time outside the show doing research into the UT Vols. If you listen to the show every day that is blatantly obvious.

This ^^^^ He doesn't even participate in the interviews with Hubbs, Hyams, coaches, etc.

VN Store

Back