Friends in Low Places at the end of 3rd is the worst.

Yes!! Copperhead road fits with the mythology of Tennessee more than any other song mentioned in this thread. It would be perfect to get the crowd fired up.
written by a Virginian raised in Texas?? OK...THAT makes sense...

Reactions: UT Hill Man
nope...just facts...

lol so we can only have songs played by people born and raised in Tennessee who also wrote/sing about Tennessee?

Lives most of adult life in Tennessee and singing about Tennessee seems enough

Reactions: 25vol
Yes!! Copperhead road fits with the mythology of Tennessee more than any other song mentioned in this thread. It would be perfect to get the crowd fired up.
This song comes up whenever this topic gets discussed and I just don’t get it. It’s a decent song I guess, but not exactly what I’d call a crowd anthem lol.

This song comes up whenever this topic gets discussed and I just don’t get it. It’s a decent song I guess, but not exactly what I’d call a crowd anthem lol.
agreed...weak sauce song for the intended setting...

agreed...weak sauce song for the intended setting...
Name one better? I think a song about avoiding the law and running moonshine is pretty hard to beat for being relevant to Tennessee football and it ain’t even Rocky Top lol

Name one better? I think a song about avoiding the law and running moonshine is pretty hard to beat for being relevant to Tennessee football and it ain’t even Rocky Top lol
See Post #12 there, Missy...

It’s not that a bad song. It’s just not very sing-alongy like Sweet Caroline, I Won’t Back Down etc or participatory like Jump Around, 7 Nation Army.

See Post #12 there, Missy...
You think Where I Come From is a better choice than Copperhead Road? I gotta say I completely disagree. I like Kenny fairly well and I think he’s an amazing ENTERTAINER. But he’s not really country the way I like it. Now Steve Earle? He plays the harmonica and the banjo and sings outlaw country. That’s the vibe of East TN and the Vols. Not a guy trying to be Jimmy buffet(not that that’s a bad thing).

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Nothing I love more than sitting in Neyland hearing the PA system blast generic songs played at dozens of other college and pro stadiums across America.

The real shame about 3rd Down for What was that Tennessee more or less owned that song when they started playing it. It was synonymous with big stops on 3rd down, the bassline was easy to hear beneath the roar of the crowd, and everyone from Row 1 to Row FF could do a simple arm wave in unison. The crowd looked so awesome doing that. The beat was great. So of course we stopped doing it and even came up with a lamer, dumber song to try to replace it with. Meanwhile, every other team in America snapped it up and will play it on big third downs sometimes. Could have been ours - but nope.

Last edited:
Reactions: pimo1
So the university played gb....not really shocked ...we must be the next big thing

Lead singer of Skillet from Memphis TN, plenty of good songs to choose from… Invincible, You Ain’t Ready, Legendary, Undefeated…

Also saw suggestion at one point of Twisted Sister’s “We’re Not Gonna Take It”

Reactions: tennrich1
So this is weird. But here me out.

I think we should go a different way. Let's pick something that makes the visiting team feel uncomfortable. Something that having 100k+ fans singing it is off putting and upsetting. Something like this....

Just not hype music. Low places is the opposite of hype music its literally in the name.
This is all I was saying.

Some of yall need to relax on the reading too far into stuff. Calm down on the conspiracy juice.

VN Store

Back