Game Thread Lady Vols vs Mississippi State

Want to see what a good coach looks like?

See MSU’s coach

He came in with a game plan, realized TN wasn’t defending the drive, told his players to drive it right at us- and his players have executed to a double digit lead.

As usual, Holly looks clueless and if history shows us anything, she’s incapable to making halftime adjustments to get us back in this. She’s The Butch Jones of women’s basketball: great recruiter, incapable of winning the big game or making adjustments.

Reactions: 2 people
When they miss they make it the next time on the rebound about 10 second chance points in that quarter.
26 points great defense by them.

To many second chance points for Miss. St. And guard play for Lady Vols on both sides of the floor needs to improve greatly! Miss. St is a very good team! Hoping the second half is our half! I know the Lady Vols can beat this team, but can't give this team more opportunities to score!!Go ladies you can do this!

Reactions: 2 people
Holly can you please make Hayes shoot the ball when in the Lane pull up for the jump shot.

She can't hit that shot. The one time she took (yet made) that shot, it looked like a shot putt.

She is very limited in her offense. If she's not in the open court, she has nothing. Worse for her, she's matched up against a player who has similar size but much higher bball IQ.

Evina is better suited to run the point in this matchup. MSST has very smart and skilled guards, and there's little room for error.

It's still early, but Tennessee needs to smarten up. Even with McCowan off to a slow start, MSST is still up double digits. Not a good position to be in.

Reactions: 1 person
I would love to see what this group of talented Lady Vols could do with a well-coached offense and defense.

They seem to be pretty well conditioned, though.

Can't even get a good officiated game at home. Jamie shoved in the back by McCowan on offense and no call gives MS the 2 points. Next play Jamie called for a very questionable offensive foul.

Ultimately though a star player (Vivians) and a smart coach (Schaffer) is a bad matchup to be down 13 with only a half to play.

I will say it again Westbrook is to slow to play the point and can`t shoot.

As opposed to Hayes? Evina is the much better option this game. Morgan William knows exactly how to deal with Hayes. Evina can exploit that matchup.

I'd like to think we could pull a Notre Dame but not enough confidence in Holly to figure a plan to do that.

Can't even get a good officiated game at home. Jamie shoved in the back by McCowan on offense and no call gives MS the 2 points. Next play Jamie called for a very questionable offensive foul.

Ultimately though a star player (Vivians) and a smart coach (Schaffer) is a bad matchup to be down 13 with only a half to play.

They are letting a lot of contact go on both sides. The refs aren't the issue.

I have no idea what goes on in practice, but our players often looked rattled by how defenses play them and turn the ball over.

What are we doing in practice? Are they being placed in game scenarios? Are they playing against the defensive schemes that cause us to turn the ball over?

We just look unprepared and we make the same types of turnovers game after game after game. If it’s frustrating for me, I can only imagine what it’s like for the players and staff. We have to find a way to fix this.

gotta get more physical against state...finesse won't get it done...that's the way we win this game...are they capable

GO LADY VOLS!

We have to find a way to fix this.

If Holly knew how to fix it then it would have been fixed years ago. But turnovers are a hallmark of how she runs her program. Our drills are ineffective, and our offense is easy to defend even when populated with the level of talent we see this year.

To her credit, Holly will flat out tell you she doesn't know what is going on and the UTAD still keeps writing her nice big paychecks. It is unbelievable.

Try to win the third quarter cut the lead by 8 and then do the same in the 4th and squeak out a win.

VN Store

Back