Game Thread Lady Vols vs Mississippi State

I dont think any of us tbought we'd see the day when they ran a story on whether TN is still considered elite. Sad days.

if Russell is going to play out at point guard range they need to be slashing to the bucket behind her,points are there to be had

Reactions: 1 person
Is this a time warp? This looks and feels like last year, particularly the second half of the season. Thought this year would be different .

Anyone suprised to see Holly made ZERO adjustments at halftime.

She made adjustments. Offensively it looks like they have decided to pull Russell away from the paint. The last 3 possessions Russell has been out near the 3 point line. Defensively I don't see a change yet.

I have no idea what goes on in practice, but our players often looked rattled by how defenses play them and turn the ball over.

What are we doing in practice? Are they being placed in game scenarios? Are they playing against the defensive schemes that cause us to turn the ball over?

We just look unprepared and we make the same types of turnovers game after game after game. If it’s frustrating for me, I can only imagine what it’s like for the players and staff. We have to find a way to fix this.

Well said! They act as though the opposing defense is new to them. There is no adjustment. They seem clueless. I know many on this board have a negative reaction when Holly's coaching deficiency are mention. However, it is a sad but true fact. A good coach will prepare his/her team better than this.

The TV commentators are trying to bring a positive note to the state of LV basketball by saying they will be ready come March. This is wishful, pollyanna and naive thinking. No WCBB team is going far without good coaching. I don't care how much talent the team has.

Reactions: 2 people
This could get ugly real soon. Still don't understand the Lady Vols offense, no movement at all and our guards one on one with Miss St. Is not gone to get it done! WOW, i do like this Davis kid!

I like when McCowan made a bad pass in the first half Schaefer was in her face grilling her. Holly no way !

She made adjustments. Offensively it looks like they have decided to pull Russell away from the paint. The last 3 possessions Russell has been out near the 3 point line. Defensively I don't see a change yet.

I actually see some adjustments in how Russell is moving with and around the pick and roll to keep McCowan from getting on the offensive glass.

I think Kara could work part time as a team analyst, making corrections during the game. Is there such a thing?

If they can't run they are in trouble. This team is transition, transition, transition. The half court stuff is just too iffy. Miss St. defense is just tough in the half court. Really good test for the LV. This is a great testespecially for Westbrook because she has been allowed to take her time and set up the offense against almost every other team they have played. Sometimes she would take 5-8 seconds of the shot clock and just dribble the ball 25 ft away from the basket getting people in order. Miss St. is having none of that today.

VN Store

Back