Game Thread Lady Vols vs Ohio State in the Sweet 16

Shame ran off Ivy. She knew her credibility was zilch. I just stood by and let her make a fool of her self, and laughed and laughed and laughed!

The Lady Vols better have the oxygen tanks ready OSU is going to run and run and run some more....I also see them wanting a high scoring game

The Lady Vols better have the oxygen tanks ready OSU is going to run and run and run some more....I also see them wanting a high scoring game

Don't think this team will have a problem running. Making shots is the challenge. Diamond has to set the tone. GLV!!

Reactions: 3 people

That being the case,the Lady Vols will beat them decisively ...if they do not play a zone ....we will come out the winners just like against Arizona State.

Reactions: 1 person
Against UConn Mitchell was 2 of 14 and 0 of 3 from the three point line. I think watching that game would show you how to slow her down. Seems like they did more than slow her down they totally negated her from that game.

Against UConn Mitchell was 2 of 14 and 0 of 3 from the three point line. I think watching that game would show you how to slow her down. Seems like they did more than slow her down they totally negated her from that game.

++++++++++++

Kelsey is a lefty... This makes her impossibly hard to train and impossibly hard to defend... everything she does is to the weakside of 99% those you usually see.

It is difficult for coaches as we learn to teach by demonstrating and having a player emulate our movement. for a lefty this has to be done in a mirror... The same stands true for a defender. The lefty does everything in reverse. . . . . . The BIG advantage that a lefty has that a righty doesn't is that they actually get to "learn how to do things with the right hand... because most often the teaching is for righties anyway, so their ambidexterity is much further along.

Lefty's rarely get this good because training a lefty is difficult for a coach. You have to train a lefty in a mirror....They have to do power layups from the opposite direction, their crossover is still right to left for the most part, yet, like most of us who cross to our weak hand, they are crossing to their strong hand.... Perfect scenario would be to have a defensive-minded lefty on our roster. Bottom line is our coaches have to make sure that whoever guards her never loses sight of the fact that she is a lefty... Looking at her highlights,most of her shots come from open looks made from mistakes of the defender. Her step-back is off the "wrong foot", her drives end on the left and her crossover is to her strong hand.

Mental preparation will be more important than physical matching up here...She's a lefty. If we don't lose sight of this,she won't be as big a problem as she has been for other teams

I've enjoyed reading these comments. I have not idea who will win the game, but will say this. If Alston is heathy and hitting her shots, or Doss is playing "annoying defense" (her words), I like are chances. Doss offense is fueled by her defense. It will be great to watch

It was just announced that one of OSU's starting guards, Cait Craft will miss the rest of the season with a broken hand. She isn't one of their big scorers, but she is one of their better defenders.

It was just announced that one of OSU's starting guards, Cait Craft will miss the rest of the season with a broken hand. She isn't one of their big scorers, but she is one of their better defenders.

+++++++++

They will most likely defend us in zone, although Miss St sprung a man-D on us and caught us off guard...

You have to attack the zone from about, the dotted line to about a foot or so above the foul line. If you enter or pass into this area for a split second the zone collapses and opens for spot-ups, cuts and back-doors.

You don't have to have a shooter to beat a zone, but you do have to have play-makers.... If you play one on one" basketball as your offense against the zone, you are just doing what it was designed to stop... Its designed to stop persons from getting into areas. However, if you use drives and passing into a zone, only to misdirect it... you can beat it.,,, Get the ball into the hi-post ; right in the teeth of the zone and exploit the "who's man is it now" fraction of a second you get.... Hi post can drive, pass out, shoot, hit cutters and BD's.

The LV's have been playing this type of game in the tourney and have yet to have a that break-out game we are all expecting to see.... Could be soon... Hope the game plan doesn't change.

Go Lady Vols,
Coach Jumper

The thing is ohio state is not a great defense team so we will have our chances . We can't turn it over and get back in transition and we should be fine.

OSU's shoot guard cait craft broke her hand and will not play tomorrow. Bit of a blow for them, she shoots well and does the dirty work that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

K Mitchell to miss the game too, she's running off to commune with nature on a Wyoming sheep farm.. tywltk

If our guards play like a bunch of knot heads and allow a quick Ohio State team to create steals and make a bunch of unforced turnovers we are in DDS. However, we need to limit needless dribbling and find the open shooter. I would like to see Russell finally dominate the post and rebound her butt off on both ends. However, in the words of Donald Trump, she is too low energy for that to take place, however, we can always hope.

I would love to see the LV's take the Buckeyes behind the woodshed and give them an old fashion Big Orange Ars whopping.:boxing2::bottom::bottom::bottom:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back