Game Thread Lady Vols vs Ohio State in the Sweet 16

You have to wonder if Bruce had gone with the steaks instead of the hamburgers if both wouldn't have worn orange.

Reactions: 1 person

+++++++++

Thought I'd give you updates on my favorite writer for the Sentinel...

Adams
This morning he gave us his rendition of the The “Mitchell report”… And rightly he should.
Holly has already shown that she wanted this girl... She in Flesser’s report saying “The ball is part of her hand”… Can you say ...“Oops, maybe I shoulda downplayed my hero worship a bit"

Adams also pointed out a very enlightening phenomenon. He said that UT LV’s have been “victimized by outstanding performances”…Meaning in BB terms... They have a tendency to let the star go fairly free and try to stop the starlets… Remember Mj and the Bulls… Doesn’t work.
In those games where the star went off : our record wasn’t formidable.

"Star performances this year:

Victoria Vivians 30 Miss St
Jessica Jackson 25 Ark
Makayla Epps 23 Ky
Courtney Williams 29 aTm
A’ja Wilson 25 SC
Mitchell is coming off of a 45 pt game (over 43 in the last 3 games…Misleading though : round 1 and 2…If you’re a high seed, that can happen.)

Adams also points out a lack of a defensive-stopper.... The only reason for not having one is :blink::blink::blink: not making one... Nuff Said. Can you say Meme....(I would use DD for the opening quarter; Coop or Meme in the second and consider letting Nia or graves meeting her at the arc and have someone cover thier girl for a moment until I can be shown that, that, tactic wouldn’t work).

Both stories obviously missed the timeline for the morning paper of the broken hand if Cait Craft in a practice just a day before the matchup....As reported toVolnation by And1 just two hours after it happened...

Ohio State women's basketball | Cait Craft's career ends with broken hand

If they play full court pressure, as they say they want to, especially without one of their main cogs,it will open up our offense… Hard to set a zone off of a press.

Whatever the scenario, the BB gods are shining on the LV's for this game.

Come on girls, Kikk Sum Tale!

well I'm ready for some Lady Vols Basketball

right damn now :)

it is a late game tonight,hopefully the one in front of it doesn't run late

I haven't forgotten Jeff, it starts at 7 P.M. tonight

it is a shame that there not playing a double header today :)

Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Last edited:
well I'm ready for some Lady Vols Basketball

right damn now :)

it is a late game tonight,hopefully the one in front of it doesn't run late

++++++++

I'm ready for a nail-biter or a rout... Maybe I'll just go down to the NFC and takes some shots to hold me over till tipoff......

If our guards play like a bunch of knot heads and allow a quick Ohio State team to create steals and make a bunch of unforced turnovers we are in DDS. However, we need to limit needless dribbling and find the open shooter. I would like to see Russell finally dominate the post and rebound her butt off on both ends. However, in the words of Donald Trump, she is too low energy for that to take place, however, we can always hope.

I would love to see the LV's take the Buckeyes behind the woodshed and give them an old fashion Big Orange Ars whopping.:boxing2::bottom::bottom::bottom:

Me too teacherdean, me too!!:)

Ohio State has a really short bench with Craft out. We need to run them ragged.

Make sure Holly knows, you just never know when she might play that slow down offense and have the ladies dribble until an unforced error happens. I am always concerned about Holly's coaching, especially when she is coaching against a coach that has a clue.

LVs should close strong down the stretch to advance. OSU's depth will be the difference in the end, IMO. They'll be rotating 7, and the LVs have 10. Alston isn't 100%, Mitchell will wear down in the 4th (like she did against WVU), and the 4th is when DD shines brightest. LVs have the size advantage, too. If Russell is feeling it, she'll give OSU trouble inside.

Wish we had Jasmine Jones tonight.

Go KD Hope this is you again after a win tonight (all smiles)
gallery.78775.jpg

iF they play zone she is the first person off the bench for me and put her on the strong side of the ball and let it go KD

Reactions: 2 people
I think we come out with a victory tonight. We've played with great teamwork lately and hopefully that shows tonight as well.

VN Store

Back