she is fearless
-You who doubted Diamond
she has figured out how to gel with her team, and be a player
-you who mashed Nared
she is a future AA, and has come into her own after a broken hand
-you who doubted Graves
really, why/
-You who question our coaches, our recruiting, our team
all of them. 7 AA were recruited by Holly, and staff, post Pat. 7AA one less than UCONN, and Tucker transferred.
-You who have been complaining how this team played, why the figured out, through injuries, transfers, and the toughest schedule how to do it

fact is, we started with one senior, graves, and another bench senior. we believed two starters, diamond, and Russell (who had not played in a year) would lead us.
We brought in a new point guard, and had to replace a starting one, a starting forward, a starting center
we also had to replace another starter at forward (jones)
well, guess what, it took time, and it took a season, but we are in the elite 8
Holly is in her 3rd elite 8 in 4 years
get it?
let her do her job!
she recruited everyone one of these ladies, Pat was gone!
Yeah she struck out on grand slam recruits for next year, so has UCONN and SC, but we are looking great with the same team next year, and really positive recruiting in the next class, unless they listen to the fire the coach idiots!

Reactions: 5 people
you who doubted Holly
-she has out coached 4 coaches in a row
you who doubted Russell
she is playing amazing as a sophomore
-you who doubted Cooper
she is fearless
-You who doubted Diamond
-you who mashed Nared
-you who doubted Graves
really, why/
all of them. 7 AA were recruited by Holly, and staff, post Pat. 7AA one less than UCONN, and Tucker transferred.
-You who have been complaining how this team played, why the figured out, through injuries, transfers, and the toughest schedule how to do it

fact is, we started with one senior, graves, and another bench senior. we believed two starters, diamond, and Russell (who had not played in a year) would lead us.
We brought in a new point guard, and had to replace a starting one, a starting forward, a starting center
get it?
let her do her job!
Yeah she struck out on grand slam recruits for next year, so has UCONN and SC, but we are looking great with the same team next year, and really positive recruiting in the next class, unless they listen to the fire the coach idiots!

Underachieved all year, the girls look like they don't want to be out there, its not bashing if its stating the truth. Too much talent to not be a better team. Holly should have kick them in the arse a little.

Reactions: 3 people
you who doubted Holly
you who doubted Russell
-you who doubted Cooper
she is fearless
-You who doubted Diamond
-you who mashed Nared
-you who doubted Graves
really, why/

get it?
let her do her job!

Your calling people idiots but yet you are using the first grade told you so logic like it makes you some kind of genius.

Happy for the run but Holly sucked all year

Reactions: 6 people
What is wrong with having high expectations of any team? especially the Lady Vols, this is a historically dominate team, and the LVs have shown "at times" to take it for granted that they will win with little effort. I believe they now understand what it takes to be GREAT......hard work and the relentless pursuit of excellence. Every team will bring their best to beat the LVs and that is the facts.

I am happy for them, that they have embraced the traditions of what it takes to be a Lady Vol, regardless of whether or not it is on their sports attire or letter head, you are what you think you are.

Go Lady Vols!!!

This is the best we have do all year. Be real this team was bad for most of the year, however, when it counted they got it together. Now is not the time to turn something wonderful into "I told you so and I knew all alone", because you didn't, you may have had more faith, that I do not know. Let's just cool our heels and see how far this ride will take us.

Now is the time to accept the fact that this team has finally gotten it together, as they needed to all year long. They no longer look clueless and the big thing is, we finally have a leader on the floor, and that is Diamond. Last night she gave up scoring and became a facilitator. Whatever happened during the heart to heart Diamond had with that one assistant coach, seems to have worked. Last night, for the first time this season, Holly constantly stayed in contact with Diamond while she was on the floor. Maybe in all this not only have the players improved, just maybe the coaches have learned a few things. Whatever it is, it feels good. Go Lady Vols!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
you who doubted Holly
you who doubted Russell
-you who doubted Cooper
she is fearless
-You who doubted Diamond
-you who mashed Nared
-you who doubted Graves
really, why/

get it?
let her do her job!

How weak! You seem like the kind of person that comes out of nowhere to talk a lot of noise after the fight is over. Excluding the postseason, this has been the worst season ever for a Lady Vol team. This team looked terrible early on and the coaching was terrible also. Don't get on here with this I told you so BS because no fan on this forum could of predicted this kind of tournament run! We are just glad this coaching staff and players turned things around at the right time. Where were your so called confidence when this team looked absolutely terrible in their 13 losses and barely beat some teams they should of slaughtered? Or when they looked like a middle school team out there and the coaches looked clueless? I'm just glad the light has turned on for the staff and players. Hopefully we defeat Syracuse and make it to the Final Four. You can keep your I told you so's because no one, including yourself saw this coming.

It brings up a good question, can a coach/team suck all season and wipe all of those games away with 3 post season wins? Happened in the men's program also not long ago. My answer would be yes, if you did not pay money for season tickets and, no, if you did.

We-Got-A-Badass-Over-Here-XP-Level-Up-Sound.jpg

Hope you feel better, OP.

This has been about Holly all season. The issues of the team's play when they nearly did not even make the tourney field has been totally about coaching. Trying fit round pegs in square holes for almost 4 months. When she gave in after the world told her to stop playing half court tough girl BB, and changed to transition racehorse basketball to fit her roster, they started winning. Imagine that. A coach changing to fit her roster that she recruited. This season would have been one of about 4-5 losses at most if she had used the right system to start the season. But that's OK, you get to play the false narrative of nan nana boo boo.

Team played enough bad basketball during the season to be bashed and certainly the coaches. I am proud that they figured it out and are suddenly playing as a team as better late than never.
I certainly gave Holly and her staff plenty of bashing and I still think well deserved. I also now give them a lot of praise for whatever they did between the SEC Tourney and the NCAA has been an amazing accomplishment.

you who doubted Holly
you who doubted Russell
-you who doubted Cooper
she is fearless
-You who doubted Diamond
-you who mashed Nared
-you who doubted Graves
really, why/

get it?
let her do her job!

Dearstone?

The last two games we have worked on most possessions for a good shot. We have only shot 11 threes in the last two games. I am glad we finally figured out that shot is our weakness.
One more win will mean this team will have actually achieved the goal we all thought they could even though we had some really bad play during the season. It doesn't matter how you get there as the final four is the ultimate.

This is the best we have do all year. Be real this team was bad for most of the year, however, when it counted they got it together. Now is not the time to turn something wonderful into "I told you so and I knew all alone", because you didn't, you may have had more faith, that I do not know. Let's just cool our heels and see how far this ride will take us.

Now is the time to accept the fact that this team has finally gotten it together, as they needed to all year long. They no longer look clueless and the big thing is, we finally have a leader on the floor, and that is Diamond. Last night she gave up scoring and became a facilitator. Whatever happened during the heart to heart Diamond had with that one assistant coach, seems to have worked. Last night, for the first time this season, Holly constantly stayed in contact with Diamond while she was on the floor. Maybe in all this not only have the players improved, just maybe the coaches have learned a few things. Whatever it is, it feels good. Go Lady Vols!!!!!

Elite, now let's get one more!
Let the past be the past for now!
Holly has figured some things out, the players have figured some things out.
I saw unselfishness last night! If that continues AND breaks go their way we can keep winning!
There are still several other great teams working to do the same also though!

Bust your tails LadyVols and show the world!
Go LadyVols!

Holly out coaches another coach. Going back to Texas AM, 4 coaches in a row. And as for recruiting, well, UCANT has one more McDonalds AA, than Holly's recruits, and we lost Tucker!
- screw you on doubting Merecedes
- screw you on doubting Jamie
- screw you on doubting Cooper
- screw you Coach, bhhhl. On doubting Diamond, yeah you know that family! Lmao!
- screw you who laughed at us beating Syracuse
- screw you who doubted these ladies, no one has worked as hard, and proved as much, to an ungrateful fan base!

++++++++++++

I missed the reference to me, Chitown,,, Thanks for making me a particular on your rant... If you really read my posts they have never been about doubting DD. I am among her biggest fans. She represents the area of BB that I matured as a coach in.... My doubt was that she would stay if she and the team weren't better coached... Players like DD are great to have on a roster but they can be emotional rollercoasters. They have to have one coach who can mentally re-focus them to the task at hand. Sorry folks, but I have to use THAT word... It takes an Alpha to control an Alpha. One talk will not get it done (Jollette).. Last night when she did the back to back entry-losses on drives, she dribbled into the paint without a plan of any kind... HW let her stay in. Later when she went to the bench as a regular subbing, no one got in her face about it. DD smiled when she did it. It was not a "laughing about it" smile,,, but a smile of "I know I am going to get reemed for that one" smile....But it never happened. No consequence and that translated into a continued medium impact night (and could translate into the next performance if not addressed properly,,, (((((I hope this one doesn't come true folks)))). The "talk" has to happen as close to the time of the impact as possible, in her face, yet letting her keep enough of her dignity to not let her emotions go the other way.

Nope, I am not and will not be a DD hater. I know "of her family" was what I said. And I saw them several times when I saw DD play. I watched many parental in-game and in-practice interactions closely. (Gerald Wilkens Niece with either one of Dominique or Gerald were often there... Antonio Davis' Niece. One I coached, Jarvis Hayes niece; T'Erica Eason) and several other high profile parent/child tandems. That was something very cool about Atl. Re parent interactions as a coach I tell my girls, "Listen to the stands instead of me and you will become part of the stands" I also tell my parents from day one " You cannot affect how much I play your girl, but you can vastly impact how much I don't".

Tisha and I talked during the Alabama game this year. I take no credit for Diamond, I only know of her through my AAU org. . . I had seen her often, as the Pistols have entrants in every age group. Over 400 girls a year play for about 40 Pistol teams.

I hope GW looks at Chi Bulls MJ tri-angle offense for next year and considers running something like that with DD, Coop and Russel as the primary triangle..

Anyhoo.... Thanks for the shout out and oh by the way Chitownvol1129,,, "that was a pretty uncool attack on a fan/coach ... "The only time you should bite is "back", {when you get bit}",,,Sincerely, Coach Jumper

Elite, now let's get one more!
Let the past be the past for now!
Holly has figured some things out, the players have figured some things out.
I saw unselfishness last night! If that continues AND breaks go their way we can keep winning!
There are still several other great teams working to do the same also though!

Bust your tails LadyVols and show the world!
Go LadyVols!

++++++++++

The team that was on the floor last night, is the only team left in this tourney (Maybe Baylor) that could give UCONN a run for the title. Unselfish and passionate..that was awesome girls

With size advantages across the board, Tennessee simply dominated the game from the start. The Lady Vols went inside seemingly at will to the towering Mercedes Russell to take control. Defensively, they used their length in a zone to close down an Ohio State offense that averaged 86.8 points.

you who doubted Holly
you who doubted Russell
-you who doubted Cooper
she is fearless
-You who doubted Diamond
-you who mashed Nared
-you who doubted Graves
really, why/

get it?
let her do her job!
I agree with every bullet you presented except the first one:you who doubted Holly

I don't think that any team she played had the amount of talent that this team has. If she has out coached these four coaches as you suggest, why are we a Seventh Seed in this tournament? So many other SEC teams that have played us this year have not made it to this tournament. Just don't agree with your first statement!

VN Store

Back