Gary Danielson on Finebaum

The fact that best throw of the night came from a receiver should be yelling at you right now.

The fact that they rushed for over 250 yards and were up by 13 points mid 4th quarter should be yelling at you that the defense not Dobbs lost that game...and the Oklahoma game..Im not saying he's the greatest be he is not the reason they lost those 2 games

Reactions: 1 person
Absolute bull****. Look at who Florida is putting on the field and who we are putting on the field.... They are fielding... What rotating one or two true freshmen in special plays... Give me. A break. Their two and three deep is pretty young... That's why they are two and three deep. Regardless they are putting a lot more experience on the field. I'll tell you something else... You don't just step on the field and expect wins I don't care WHO you are. You EARN them.

:eek:lol:

The fact that they rushed for over 250 yards and were up by 13 points mid 4th quarter should be yelling at you that the defense not Dobbs lost that game...and the Oklahoma game..Im not saying he's the greatest be he is not the reason they lost those 2 games

Tell me what Dobbs did in the second half. You don't find it odd that you aren't using the quarterbacks passing stats to field your argument?

It's a high school level offensive system in a league which is essentially an NFL proving ground.

Couple this with a lousy offensive line and under performing wide receivers and laying it all at the feet of Dobbs is beyond short sighted.

He isn't great but a different QB would struggle as well with the ultra conservative and one dimensional play calling and the continued poor play of 3rd year players in the O line and WR group.

I agree. It's not all on Dobbs. IMO, the whole team is playing tight because they are coached tight just as Danielson alluded to. It's likely more noticable with Dobbs because he's the quarterback.

Butch could and will be a great coach, however he needs to upgrade his staff......PERIOD, as this is the 3rd year for the O-Line prospects in his system and NO progress has been made, needs to hire a OC w/ a QB background, I think Jancek will be fine if he can switch the defenses up from time to time and NOT be so predictable (remember thats why Georgia got rid of him & Martinez) because we knew how to attach Georgia's defense and got the win

^^^ this is true. DD's they started 3 true freshmen on the OL against us. No excuse if you have a good X's and O's staff they can me lemonade out of lemons.....UF's coach just did it.

Care to count who Many true freshman we started?

Also can't believe you guys are holding this guy up as some kind of football god. He is having a great year. Good on him he stepped into a good situation. Let's see where he is another three years.

All you got to do is open up your peepers. Too much enexperience on the field. Count them up and look at who's making plays and who is not. I got better things to be doing with my phone right now.

Tell me what Dobbs did in the second half. You don't find it odd that you aren't using the quarterbacks passing stats to field your argument?

My argument is that the defense is probably more the problem as related to our losses than Dobbs. He played well enough and got us well ahead in both games and the defense blew it. I am not sure what your argument is or how you or anyone else can't see the same thing. If we lost both games and only scored 3 or 10 points or something I would blame it more on the offense..which has been the case the last couple of years with Worley

Absolute bull****. Look at who Florida is putting on the field and who we are putting on the field.... They are fielding... What rotating one or two true freshmen in special plays... Give me. A break. Their two and three deep is pretty young... That's why they are two and three deep. Regardless they are putting a lot more experience on the field. I'll tell you something else... You don't just step on the field and expect wins I don't care WHO you are. You EARN them.

So you're saying the coaching staff and players aren't working hard enough since they can't buy a win against a decent team.

Gotcha.

Reactions: 2 people
Bruce Matthews said last Sunday on his radio show that the coaches need to put the best players with the most talent on the field regardless of age/experience.

I agree. I believe this is an evolving situation because in college, the player attitudes are more sensitive. I also believe this is playing a big part in the Crowder situation, but that's just me.

My argument is that the defense is probably more the problem as related to our losses than Dobbs. He played well enough and got us well ahead in both games and the defense blew it. I am not sure what your argument is or how you or anyone else can't see the same thing. If we lost both games and only scored 3 or 10 points or something I would blame it more on the offense..which has been the case the last couple of years with Worley

There are countless problems with the team that all stem from coaching. But to pretend that Dobbs has played well is just laughable. He can't throw and his run game gets shut down in the second half every week. A quarterback that can't throw is worthless. Even Tebow managed to be able to throw in the college game.

Haven't seen it debunked yet. All you have to do is look at who's making plays... Experience, and who's not making plays... Inexperience. Pretty simple. It's too much on the field. If these guys knew what they were talking about they would be on the field.

Dude, Danielson played 12 yrs in the NFL, I think he might be slightly more qualified than you.

Reactions: 4 people
I agree. It's not all on Dobbs. IMO, the whole team is playing tight because they are coached tight just as Danielson alluded to. It's likely more noticable with Dobbs because he's the quarterback.

I can very much agree with this line of thinking.

Dobbs has probably had it beat into his head since Spring not to turn the ball over.

And no one but the staff and he knows for sure, but my guess is that his options to audible out of play calls or drop down to 2nd, 3rd, or 4th options on the few passes plays they call are extremely limited.

This staff appears to be micro managers of the highest order. Which leads to players playing scared and tight.

If they gave Dobbs the ability to check in and out of plays and call hot routes, his performance would be way better.

There are countless problems with the team that all stem from coaching. But to pretend that Dobbs has played well is just laughable. He can't throw and his run game gets shut down in the second half every week. A quarterback that can't throw is worthless. Even Tebow managed to be able to throw in the college game.

Ok you and Danielson are right. They lost every game because of Dobbs. If he isnt the QB they win

All you got to do is open up your peepers. Too much enexperience on the field. Count them up and look at who's making plays and who is not. I got better things to be doing with my phone right now.

Probably a better place to put your phone as well.

I'll give you a hint. It's real close to where your head is at.

Danielson lost me during the Fla game when he KEPT ON talking about all the freshman on Fla's offensive line when we had Tuttle, McKenzie, and Kirkland in the game as true freshman! And even Barnett is a true Sophomore...and that wasn't counting some of our young guys rotating through the secondary.

And--it was not DOBBS' performance against Fla that got us beat......It was that stupid UGA reject DC of ours giving up 5 fourth-down conversions....with the last one being 4th and futility...

Yes--Dobbs' passing numbers aren't stellar--and yes, we do quickly forget that Dobbs' fumble when it was 20-7 indeed gave life to an otherwise dead Fla team.

I just can't stand to listen to the guy....

Give me Todd Blackledge any day over those two clowns....GO VOLS! :salute:

Dude, the revisionism here is unreal.

Florida's two starting tackles are a redshirt freshman and a transfer from Fordham. Their guards are a senior (the only experienced player) with a bum shoulder that no one is sure will be able to last the year. The other guard is a former defensive lineman that was moved to offense last season for depth that didn't sniff the field and no one expected to play. Except for the fact that he was one of a few guys that actually returned from last season. The center is a guy that no one thought would play unless hell froze over except the whole problem of no one coming back but a handful of guys.

Then, the other players who play prominently, rotating in and out, are true freshman.

Then add a redshirt freshman QB, a tight end transfer who missed last season, a true freshman WR, and true sophomore WR.

The only two proven commodities were juniors Demarcus Robinson and Kelvin Taylor. And they didn't exactly put the fear of God in anyone.

And to top it all off.....They had to learn a new offensive system.

Florida was picked 5th in the SEC East for a reason.

Can't have a bunch of revisionism afterward. No one argued Florida was underrated. No one. People were picking Kentucky to beat the Gators.

Reactions: 9 people

Disagree. He's trying to do too much IMO. No OL, poor offensive scheme, indecisive. Put him in position to succeed, 2 tight end sets, two running back sets, aggressive play calling, he'll get it done. Think about it, against SC last year, give him an opportunity to create and he makes plays. Put him in a tight ball control scenario and he gets upside down.

Football Recruiting - Joshua Dobbs - Player Profiles - ESPN

Disagree. He's trying to do too much IMO. No OL, poor offensive scheme, indecisive. Put him in position to succeed, 2 tight end sets, two running back sets, aggressive play calling, he'll get it done. Think about it, against SC last year, give him an opportunity to create and he makes plays. Put him in a tight ball control scenario and he gets upside down.

he can't throw. Like can't hit the ocean. hes' trying to do too much to cover that up, but defenses know. Teams have played us on top of the line of scrimmage every game daring Dobbs to go deep and he just can't do it.

So your freshmen were redshirt freshmen with playing time and your inexperience was transfers got it. Thanks.

Anyone count how many freshmen... True freshmen right out of high school we had on the field at that time?

Dude, the revisionism here is unreal.

Florida's two starting tackles are a redshirt freshman and a transfer from Fordham. Their guards are a senior (the only experienced player) with a bum shoulder that no one is sure will be able to last the year. The other guard is a former defensive lineman that was moved to offense last season for depth that didn't sniff the field and no one expected to play. Except for the fact that he was one of a few guys that actually returned from last season. The center is a guy that no one thought would play unless hell froze over except the whole problem of no one coming back but a handful of guys.

Then, the other players who play prominently, rotating in and out, are true freshman.

Then add a redshirt freshman QB, a tight end transfer who missed last season, a true freshman WR, and true sophomore WR.

The only two proven commodities were juniors Demarcus Robinson and Kelvin Taylor. And they didn't exactly put the fear of God in anyone.

And to top it all off.....They had to learn a new offensive system.

Florida was picked 5th in the SEC East for a reason.

Can't have a bunch of revisionism afterward. No one argued Florida was underrated. No one. People were picking Kentucky to beat the Gators.

You guys had to use walk ons on the O line to have a Spring game and put together an offensive line that more than held their own against UT and Ole Miss in 5 months.

Our illustrious brain trust can't cobble together a solid offensive line in 2 plus seasons now.

It is clear to most that there is something going on beyond lack of talent and inexperience.

Like I've said before Butch and DeBord have screwed up his mechanics, restrict what he can do in the game and don't call plays that make him feel comfortable. And since DeBord isn't a true spread offense OC it doesn't help Dobbs at all.

Teams are adjusting to us and making us one-dimensional....it's just that simple. They are crowding the line of scrimmage and playing good gap control to stop the run and daring us to beat them passing.

And--we think that we can counter that approach by running wide and throwing all of those quick screens to the SHORT side of the field...we do have some intermittent success--but no consistency!

And, when they get us into 3rd and long--they bring the house and force Dobbs to make a quick decision and he fails. But his failures are NOT ENTIRELY on him...

WE are getting OUT-COACHED by this approach because we NEVER adjust and make them pay for it. I really thought that DeBord would bring the experience and ability to adjust our offense but he hasn't! Bajakian sure as thunder didn't know how to get it done...

I will keep saying it again and again.... We do need some packages with Dobbs under center and Hurd running the ball on some counter gaps and traps...Hurd is a BEAST who is NOT being utilized to his best abilities....I would also love to see Hurd being able to run the toss sweep with the pulling guards and pick his hole to either take it to the sideline or cut it back against the grain and just punish some people.

And, that would open up a passing game that Dobbs could excel in--with bootlegs, and pass--run option plays out on the perimeter and some TE crossing and seam patterns.

Even Manning was looking pretty bad in Kubiak's offensive system--until they allowed him to make his own adjustments within the system to tweak it to suit his talents and abilities.

Dobbs ain't no Manning--but both Jones and DeBord need to adjust our offense to what he does best--and they haven't demonstrated the ability to get that done consistently.

Ultimately--Dobbs ain't the best guy out there--but he's good enough to lead us to be 5-0 right now with even a little bit of SEC caliber coaching!

GO VOLS! :salute:

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back