Georgia Game comments

I hope our players and coaches treat this game like their going against the #1 team in the nation. UGA is wounded. They will have their season on the line when we show up. They will have their backs against a wall. Those kind of teams can be dangerous whether their weaker or not.
that's exactly how CBJ will put it. i thought they played well against missouri but then again missouri isn't that highly rated. this brings up the point, who's doing all this rating that,imo, isn't anywhere near reality. i think UT will enter the game with a good mental mindset. the Fla., come from behind win, will prove beneficial to the progressive character of THE BIG ORANGE!

I hope our players and coaches treat this game like their going against the #1 team in the nation. UGA is wounded. They will have their season on the line when we show up. They will have their backs against a wall. Those kind of teams can be dangerous whether their weaker or not.
Add to that it's a road game in a very hostel environment. We win but I think it's going to be close. They got humiliated yesterday and they will throw everything they have at us

Add to that it's a road game in a very hostel environment. We win but I think it's going to be close. They got humiliated yesterday and they will throw everything they have at us

We punch them in the mouth early and they quit and the fans quit.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm in the minority and mostly enjoy Jimmy Hyams. Anywho, Jimmy said he as an acquaintance that is very connected to the UGa program.

They have shared with Hyams that the feeling in the program is that they have the least talent on campus that they've had in 20 years. In particular, they feel their lines are very weak.

Thought it was interesting and hope it's true

Their OL is very bad for sure, and Eason, while talented, has a long way to go before he's a top notch SEC QB. If we play with focus and intensity we should handle them next week.

Well said. We're heading into a rough place to play. UGA is going to be fired up. We either show up or watch a golden opportunity go up in smoke. We need to put UGA away and out of the SEC race. They're down...put them out.

Underappreciated posts here. We need to do it, then talk.

I am not sure we are good enough to take any game for granted - especially arguably the most important game for the SEC East race. This IS A VERY BIG GAME. We need to be treating it that way.

Additionally, this involves recruiting much more than the Florida game (100's of recruits at yesterday's game, notwithstanding).

I am not concerned about UGA, I am concerned about our team just being consistent. That sums up my feelings.

If the 2nd Half team from yesterday shows up, we could handle them easily and possibly win by 17-20 points on the road. However, if the first half team shows up and the team that played App State then this will be a dog fight (no pun intended) till the very end. We gotta show some consistency.

They will. And there are still match ups to be taken advantage of.

That said, I expect us to show up.

It's probably a very good thing, mindset wise, were on the road this week .

No reason to let up now. I expect a win.

GBO!!

I am not concerned about UGA, I am concerned about our team just being consistent. That sums up my feelings.

If the 2nd Half team from yesterday shows up, we could handle them easily and possibly win by 17-20 points on the road. However, if the first half team shows up and the team that played App State then this will be a dog fight (no pun intended) till the very end. We gotta show some consistency.

Agreed and good points.

But. The monkey is gone. Time to play. GA is a wounded dog. We either put em out of their misery or we let them fight out if the corner.

Put on more steam!

Agreed and good points.

But. The monkey is gone. Time to play. GA is a wounded dog. We either put em out of their misery or we let them fight out if the corner.

Put on more steam!

I agree as well. We have started slow all season, but I think if we can come out and score a quick TD we can get in their head and demoralize them causing some True Freshman Eason mistakes.

I agree as well. We have started slow all season, but I think if we can come out and score a quick TD we can get in their head and demoralize them causing some True Freshman Eason mistakes.

Need that same effort from the d line.

I'm ready to put a total beat down on somebody for 4 qtrrs.

Based on yesterday's game their O line makes ours look All SEC. Eason has a heck of an arm but the receivers are inconsistent. The running game is surprisingly weak, but with no blocking up front the backs have no chance. Chubb's play against UNC was a mirage.

Defensive line is unGeorgialike and I couldn't tell if their secondary is soft or Hotty Toddy receivers are awesome.

Special teams are not good.

Again this is based on yesterday's game.

They land top linemen (both offensive and defensive) EVERY YEAR! Figured Pittman could salvage a good year out of the remnants...as much as VNers menstruate over him. :)

Would love to hear GreysonDawg's spin on this.

I'd love to see a 3-5 year Kirby Smart tailspin before his eventual firing, followed up by another crappy hire.

Reactions: 2 people
Godwin and McKenzie are ballers. Chubb is a difference maker if healthy. Plenty to give you pause as a TN fan. Oh and it's in Athens.

That said.... If the FL game is that game that turns the corner and breeds confidence, then I say we just go handle it.

We can definitely win this game.

I'd be very scared of Georgia right now, a very talented team that just got its butt handed to it. Those guys have pride and they want to prove they aren't a collection of stiffs. This might be the Vols hardest game this year.

Based on yesterday's game their O line makes ours look All SEC. Eason has a heck of an arm but the receivers are inconsistent. The running game is surprisingly weak, but with no blocking up front the backs have no chance. Chubb's play against UNC was a mirage.

Defensive line is unGeorgialike and I couldn't tell if their secondary is soft or Hotty Toddy receivers are awesome.

Special teams are not good.

Again this is based on yesterday's game.

Hearing that UGA plans to fire Sam Pittman and attempt to hire Don Mahoney.

VN Store

Back