HIRE MISSOURI DC BLAKE BAKER!

Go back and watch how this miracle man of a defensive coordinator performed against La Tech (hint: gave up 24 points), Kansas State (gave up 40), and Abilene Christian (I think that's a high school, could be a JUCO, gave up 17).

Our defense played lights out against Pitt, won the game for us. This fella is having a good game tonight. Stuff happens. That doesn't make him a better coach than our DC.

Go Vols!
Our defensive FRONT was lights out, our coverage was non existent.

I think the actual truth we should be taking from this game and Auburn vs LSU is that outside of Georgia and Alabama, the rest of the SEC is really close together. No one can definitively tell you who’s the 3rd best team in the SEC.

And all those teams trying to be 3rd best (us, Florida, Missiouri, Texas A&M, Arkansas, LSU, Auburn, Ole Ms, etc) are really close to each other and all are good enough to pull a huge upset if Georgia or Bama take the game for granted

I promise you, our defense won't play Georgia NEARLY this well.

Please please, someone say we will!

I love how aggressive you are when people don’t agree with you… Missouri will be lucky to go .500 this yea

we will

Reactions: volz2wallz
eli drinkwitz believed in Blake Baker enough to give him another opportunity, he looks impressive here. Timely pressures, very good coached DBs. Lots of zero safety looks, playing levels on defense, liking it. Simulating pressures and disguising and rotating coverage.

These are advanced concepts, and unlike us, NO BLOWN COVERAGE.

Are you guys even watching this, if not just hush.

It’s an any given Saturday in college football . It’s literally what makes college ball the best . Mizzu didn’t all of a sudden become Alabama from last Saturdays beating to this Saturday . Lol

This thread was (probably) started for conversation. It is based in sound logic in the moment. A lot of responses are... not logical or in good faith to "conversation".

Our secondary is patently awful. I don't need to hire this DC, but you cannot be watching this game and not wonder what is going on with Missouri tonight.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I love how aggressive you are when people don’t agree with you… Missouri will be lucky to go .500 this yea

we will
I'm just tired of Tennessee's reactive defense. Let's let them have 10+ yards cushion, not passing off coverage assignments, not many blown coverages here.

You can see well coached, and poorly coached secondaries, can you not?

I love Tennessee more than anyone, been posting here since 2009, defense isn't getting better in the secondary.

Reactions: Shocker0
This thread was (probably) started for conversation. It is based in sound logic in the moment. A lot of responses are... not logical or in good faith to "conversation".

Our secondary is patently awful. I don't need to hire this DC, but you cannot be watching this game and not wonder what is going on with Missouri tonight.
I think it’s more of what’s going on with Georgia. Playing down to the competition

eli drinkwitz believed in Blake Baker enough to give him another opportunity, he looks impressive here. Timely pressures, very good coached DBs. Lots of zero safety looks, playing levels on defense, liking it. Simulating pressures and disguising and rotating coverage.

These are advanced concepts, and unlike us, NO BLOWN COVERAGE.

Are you guys even watching this, if not just hush.

If Georgia finishes with 30+ are you still going to stick to your guns?

Obviously, I don't REALLY want this guy, just trying to start a convo about why Missouri's 3 Star recruits look so cohesive and playing together, when Tennessee, hasn't.

I'll quit trolling you guys now.

Obviously, I don't REALLY want this guy, just trying to start a convo about why Missouri's 3 Star recruits look so cohesive and playing together, when Tennessee, hasn't.

I'll quit trolling you guys now.
I figured you were trolling Ga fans.

It’s an any given Saturday in college football . It’s literally what makes college ball the best . Mizzu didn’t all of a sudden become Alabama from last Saturdays beating to this Saturday . Lol
Yep. You take 'em all seriously and you take 'em one at a time in this league. UGA has been a wee bit casual these last two weekends. At some point, someone will nail them. Hope we can show up ready every Saturday. No guarantees, but if we do, we'll have a shot in every game we play with our offense.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
Georgia seems to be moving the ball at will and could score 30 if they wanted/needed it

VN Store

Back