HIRE MISSOURI DC BLAKE BAKER!

For the 100th time, Tennessee self imposed limitations on scholarships that limited their activity in the transfer portal the last 2 years. What part of that fact can’t you people understand? UT has “invested” heavily in defense in this yrs signing class. If defensive problems are here in 2024, you might see a change. Considering the “shitshow” when Banks was hired, Tennessee was fortunate to get him.
Don’t lump me in with the Banks critics I’ve been defending him for 2 weeks.

The sanctions don’t prevent Tennessee from finding and signing good players. It just limits the number of players Tennessee can sign, correct? I like Banks but if he can’t find at least a couple of NFL DBs and LBs in 3 years that’s on him. Careful not to take that the wrong way... all I’m saying is he has no excuses. Right now it looks like we’re putting together a great class on defense so IMO things are going the right direction

give banks time. stop listening to the recruiting services selling you a bag of goods on most of these 3* players. once we get some high 4 and 5* players in here our defense will improve.

Missouri is just whipping Georgia up and down the d line! Fast, attacking defense. Well coached, Chavis-esque without 3rd and Chavis...

Makes $500,000 a year?
Eli Drinkwitz defensive coaching tree, obviously.
You mean the guy who we dropped 60 on last year?....No thanks

Martinez may not be the best we could do but he’s certainly not “hot garbage” you don’t stay in the SEC long if you suck. He’s stood the test of time in this league. Honestly I’m surprised how quickly many have forgotten how he helped Taylor and Jackson elevate their game last season... Theo went from having no future in the NFL to being arguably our best player. That doesn’t happen if your coach is “hot garbage”. Some of y’all need to pump the breaks
Luke warm garbage then

The sanctions don’t prevent Tennessee from finding and signing good players. It just limits the number of players Tennessee can sign, correct? I like Banks but if he can’t find at least a couple of NFL DBs and LBs in 3 years that’s on him. Careful not to take that the wrong way... all I’m saying is he has no excuses. Right now it looks like we’re putting together a great class on defense so IMO things are going the right direction

Tennessee identified the DE playing at FSU. He played lights out vs LSU but is now only playing part time maybe due to injury. They also went after the CB who got carted off the field for LSU(started at Iowa st) last night. There was a kid who went to Auburn also. Tennessee was limited some. They shouldn’t be next year.

I will guess you 1) never heard of negative recruiting or 2) wear orange tinted glasses all the time. I’m being kind not listing the 3 option.

Opponents have been claiming Tennessee was getting a bowl ban for 2 years now. That’s a fact.

This thread sounds like a post from the 4th Q of the 15' Bama game ... Hire Butch Jones! He's got TN leading #1 Bama on the road, keeping them off balance, multiple D, driving the field, players confident, brick by brick!

Reactions: wmcovol
I will guess you 1) never heard of negative recruiting or 2) wear orange tinted glasses all the time. I’m being kind not listing the 3 option.

Opponents have been claiming Tennessee was getting a bowl ban for 2 years now. That’s a fact.
I’m just going to assume you aren’t actually reading my posts and move on

Missouri is just whipping Georgia up and down the d line! Fast, attacking defense. Well coached, Chavis-esque without 3rd and Chavis...

Makes $500,000 a year?
Eli Drinkwitz defensive coaching tree, obviously.
We’ll taken it under advisement Blake. Thanks !

Georgias offense is better than it was last years. So just for reference here are some stats comparing the defensive stats of last year and this year between UGA/Missouri.

UGA- 505 total yards 4-9 3rd down. 11.2 yards per pass. 5.1 yards per rush. Scored 42 points. Bennett was 13/19 255 yards 2 TDs zero INTs. 13.4 avg.

UGA- 481 total yards 4-13 third downs. 7.3 yards per pass. 4.7 yards per rush. Scored 26 points. Bennett was 24/43 312 yards zero TDs. 7.3 avg.

I though Missouri might come out even flatter than they did when we rolled them last year. But to their credit they came out pissed and ready to play. And Georgia just showed up expecting to win. You could see that the longer Georgia struggled - missed blocking assignments, fumbled the bad, bad throws drops, etc - the stronger Missouri played.
Our lesson should be that we need to come out on fire in Death Valley next week (like we did at Missouri last year) and hang 21 on them before they e en think of settling in. I don’t need a close game - I’d like to be up 4 scores at the half and willing to mute the TV so my wife can tell me important things she always comes up with when Tennessee is playing. 😂

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Didn’t I read Banks “has no excuses”. I won’t read any going forward.
Thanks.

I'll just remind everyone else that right after I said he "has no excuses" I said "be careful not to take it the wrong way" and in the same post I also said "Don't lump me in with the Banks critics", "I like Banks", "it looks like we're putting together a good class on defense", and "things are going the right direction".

Thanks.

I'll just remind everyone else that right after I said he "has no excuses" I said "be careful not to take it the wrong way" and in the same post I also said "Don't lump me in with the Banks critics", "I like Banks", "it looks like we're putting together a good class on defense", and "things are going the right direction".

Sounds like you were sweeping both sides of the street.......

Forget Baker - IF we were to make a change at DC, go after Paul Chryst...just fired from Wisconsin.
Played QB in college, but has built all of his teams as Defensive powerhouses that play a hard-nosed, ground game brand of ball.

I'm convinced UGA is just not that good this year offensively. They're good but they had to pull every gimmick they had in their playbook to come from behind and squeak a win out against Mizzou. They had 33 yards rushing the first half. That little quick huddle gimmick worked but gimmicks once they've been demonstrated lose their effectiveness. They've got at least one SEC loss coming this season.

VN Store

Back