How long before we win SEC CHAMPIONSHIP????

No. Florida is not more talented than Tennessee. I would say the talent is about even. They're decidedly more talented on defense while we're more talented on offense.

I had us projected to go 10-2 this season. While I had Florida going 7-5. Hence my comment on us being more talented. I never imagined Florida could go 10-1. I don't chalk all that credit up to McElwain. Its obvious he inherited a talented roster that underacheived under Muschamp.

With Florida being 10-1, I vastly underrated their talent. Especially on defense. I knew they were good defensively. But I didn't think this good. Like I said. Mel Kiper said their top 5 DBs will be 1st or 2nd round picks. We all know Jonathan Bullard will be a high draft pick. And then add the emergence of Caleb Brantley and you have a defense filled with NFL studs.

I'm fine with admitting I vastly underrated them. And 10-1 proves it.

So, if I understand correctly....Florida, who you had going 7-5 before the season, is not considerably better due to anything CJM or his staff have done, it's because they're vastly more talented than EVEN YOU knew. Well, they haven't looked very talented at all the last 2 games I've seen them play vs Vandy and Fla Atlantic....yet they found a way to win....with, at best, a very inexperienced, patchwork OL that had 10 career starts (all from one guy), a pedestrian soph QB, a true freshman and true soph and converted soph RB at WR. Also had some injuries to that defense at linebacker and in the secondary, yet they've continued to win under a first year coach.

You had a very talented Tennessee team (I agree with you there) going 10-2 (I was almost with you, thought 9-3 was a fair projection).....what reason(s) do you attribute to their falling short this year?

So, if I understand correctly....Florida, who you had going 7-5 before the season, is not considerably better due to anything CJM or his staff have done, it's because they're vastly more talented than EVEN YOU knew. Well, they haven't looked very talented at all the last 2 games I've seen them play vs Vandy and Fla Atlantic....yet they found a way to win....with, at best, a very inexperienced, patchwork OL that had 10 career starts (all from one guy), a pedestrian soph QB, a true freshman and true soph and converted soph RB at WR. Also had some injuries to that defense at linebacker and in the secondary, yet they've continued to win under a first year coach.

You had a very talented Tennessee team (I agree with you there) going 10-2 (I was almost with you, thought 9-3 was a fair projection).....what reason(s) do you attribute to their falling short this year?

D4H go ahead and end this nonsense with him and tell him it's because Jones is the worst coach ever and should be fired. That should do it.

Injuries is a big reason we came up short. We have to have better luck next year with injuries. The last 2 years has killed us. Our players just didn't execute on a few plays. If they would have, we would be 10-1 or 11-0

Injuries is a big reason we came up short. We have to have better luck next year with injuries. The last 2 years has killed us. Our players just didn't execute on a few plays. If they would have, we would be 10-1 or 11-0

Partially agree with your post, all of what you said is true. Think there are a few more factors that led to the 4 losses.

Partially agree with your post, all of what you said is true. Think there are a few more factors that led to the 4 losses.

Yeah, it really was a combination of things. Any one of which could've had us 10-2 or even 11-1.

• If we'd had Gaulden, Jackson and Maggitt healthy all season? Probably be 11-1, playing in Atlanta next weekend.
  • If coaches had made a few better decisions at a few key points? Probably be 10-2, playing in Atlanta.
  • If we'd had more depth so players in key spots weren't so tired in the 4th Qtr? Probably be 10-2 and headed to Atlanta in December.
  • If any of two dozen different plays had seen better execution by one or two key players in each of those plays? We'd be 9-3 or 10-2, going to Atlanta.

But that's all just what-if daydreaming. Reality is, we're gonna stomp Vandy and end up 8-4 this year, then hopefully get to a good bowl against a quality foe, stomp them as well, and finish 9-4. Set up for a potential championship run in 2016.

Reactions: 3 people

Injuries, player execution, coaching blunders, youth, inexperience, OL issues, WR issues, inconsistent QB play, insanely tough schedule, fumbles, defensive and offensive struggles. Yes there are many factors that led to our losses. Its not just as simple as some would like.

Really? I actually think that could be a down year for us. We would lose so many of our best players that year. Dobbs, Sutton, and JRM will have graduated. Hurd and Barnett will almost certainly enter the draft. That's our 5 best players all leaving. We will also most likely be breaking in a redshirt freshmen QB Jarrett Guarantano as the starter.

That's alot of talent to replace in one year and expect a championship.

Our best shot at the SEC title is 2016. Then again in 2018 and 2019.

Then again it could be line up like below

2015 = 1994
2016 = 1995
2017 = 1996
2018 = 1997
2019 = 1998

Id put it on Coaches learning to coach big games by experimenting on the team during said games.

Really? I actually think that could be a down year for us. We would lose so many of our best players that year. Dobbs, Sutton, and JRM will have graduated. Hurd and Barnett will almost certainly enter the draft. That's our 5 best players all leaving. We will also most likely be breaking in a redshirt freshmen QB Jarrett Guarantano as the starter.

Sutton is going to the NFL after this year. You can take that to the bank.

Jones has now set a date. He told Kongbo that it would happen while he was at UT... so that's within 3 years, right?

Reactions: 1 person
I certainly hope Saban doesn't retire before we have a chance to beat him in Atlanta. Really looking forward to doing that, and not too far from now.

its funny, when we went to divisional play way back when, my first thought, even back then, was "wow, we could beat Bama twice in the same season!!!".

can't believe we haven't even had the chance yet.

I agree with this for the most part. If things bounce our way, literally and metaphorically, 2016 should be our year.

A lot could happen between now and 2017. So, much harder to predict... but on paper, we might have to deal with some inexperience at that point.

If Dobbs can figure out how to connect with a receiver more than 10 yards downfield routinely, we could be there next year. If he doesn't get this taken care of, we are looking at having to develop yet another quarterback. That puts us three years out.

hopefully next year--i'm tired of these obnoxious alabama fans in my office rubbing it my face every day of the year about all their titles.

VN Store

Back