How long before we win SEC CHAMPIONSHIP????

Haha!! Well done. Hypocrite, thy name is Dobbs4Heisman

How is it hypocritical? We still shoulda won that game. Players played well enough to less by 13 with 10 minutes left. Butch and the staff choked a sure win.

Even if we held on, I would still be very wrong about Florida's talent level. They're 10-1 for a reason. That defense is very good. A lot more talented than I thought.

Luke I said they have 10 legit NFL players on that side of the ball. Only Alabama can say the same.

I learned long ago how much work daj puts into researching the numbers.
He tried to tell everyone at the beginning of the season that UF still had a slight advantage in overall rankings.
Give that man his due going forward.
For those still acting like it's so untrue, not even sure what your point is.
Well, the Gator fan I get. Not sure about the others. Just trying to make UT look worse or something I guess. Such an odd way to be fans but to each their own.

Reactions: 1 person
How is it hypocritical? We still shoulda won that game. Players played well enough to less by 13 with 10 minutes left. Butch and the staff choked a sure win.

Even if we held on, I would still be very wrong about Florida's talent level. They're 10-1 for a reason. That defense is very good. A lot more talented than I thought.

Luke I said they have 10 legit NFL players on that side of the ball. Only Alabama can say the same.

Don't sweat it man. You're man enough to admit a mistake. Some cannot do that and are wrong a LOT. So to avoid being corrected they put people on ignore yet still take jabs at them. You're in very good company sir.

I learned long ago how much work daj puts into researching the numbers.
He tried to tell everyone at the beginning of the season that UF still had a slight advantage in overall rankings.
Give that man his due going forward.
For those still acting like it's so untrue, not even sure what your point is.
Well, the Gator fan I get. Not sure about the others. Just trying to make UT look worse or something I guess. Such an odd way to be fans but to each their own.

It is unusual behavior for a fan to do isn't it. And yes daj was spot on maybe even a little conservative.

You are far more troll than that "gator" ever dreamed of being. He puts actual thought into his posts.
So you're gonna pick on fellow Vol fans in defense of a Gator too? I actually thought better of you Wylo. Hell, I was gonna share a treasure map with ya.

I like gator, though. He's good people.

But yeah, I just thought I'd say "hi" and see what you said.

I'm great. Tons of food and bourbon. Family all gone and just checking in on my favorite place for positive messaging LOL.

Are you kidding? You're kidding, right? You're arguing that Florida has more talent than UT now that it fits your argument/narrative.....when earlier in the season you were (correctly) talking about how we should beat Florida because we have so much more talent. For crying out loud, you got busted. Just man up and take your medicine.

Reactions: 2 people
Let me say, to try to bring some peace here.

I believe in everything I have said about Florida's talent level.

We did not anticipate a few things before the season. For one, the entire SEC East except for three teams is complete trash.

Of the three that were not trash, Georgia was the squad with the most talent with the least amount of glaring issues before the season. Florida and Tennessee were able to benefit from this because Georgia's gonna Georgia.

The Florida-Tennessee game obviously could have gone the other way. To suggest otherwise would be foolish. The reason for the disparity in win-loss record is that (a) Tennessee played Oklahoma and Florida has yet to play Florida State (b) Tennessee lost to Arkansas (c) Florida played out of its mind against Ole Miss and I really don't think Ole Miss was prepared for what they walked into.

I think Florida and Tennessee have some similarities with respect to what isn't very good about their teams and what needs to get better.......needs vast improvement. The offensive lines for each team aren't merely average or just worse at "below average". They are God awful.

The pitiful nature of those units dragged other aspects of the team down with it.

Reactions: 2 people
LOL you're a funny guy for sure. I do appreciate your sense of humor.

Thanks. I don't take this too seriously. I have strong opinions but also a pretty thick skin. Never personal. That's why I don't put anyone on ignore. It's too much fun.

Let me say, to try to bring some peace here.

I believe in everything I have said about Florida's talent level.

We did not anticipate a few things before the season. For one, the entire SEC East except for three teams is complete trash.

Of the three that were not trash, Georgia was the squad with the most talent with the least amount of glaring issues before the season. Florida and Tennessee were able to benefit from this because Georgia's gonna Georgia.

The Florida-Tennessee game obviously could have gone the other way. To suggest otherwise would be foolish. The reason for the disparity in win-loss record is that (a) Tennessee played Oklahoma and Florida has yet to play Florida State (b) Tennessee lost to Arkansas (c) Florida played out of its mind against Ole Miss and I really don't think Ole Miss was prepared for what they walked into.

I think Florida and Tennessee have some similarities with respect to what isn't very good about their teams and what needs to get better.......needs vast improvement. The offensive lines for each team aren't merely average or just worse at "below average". They are God awful.

The pitiful nature of those units dragged other aspects of the team down with it.

Here's where I'll disagree with you 99.... both OLs were bad early in the year, but Tennessee's has actually improved while, based on what I saw of Florida's vs both Vandy and FAU, yours has somehow gotten significantly worse....yet Florida continues to win. It's annoys the hell out of me.

Here's where I'll disagree with you 99.... both OLs were bad early in the year, but Tennessee's has actually improved while, based on what I saw of Florida's vs both Vandy and FAU, yours has somehow gotten significantly worse....yet Florida continues to win. It's annoys the hell out of me.

There are a couple of things at work here.

1. They've run out of smoke and several mirrors are broken.

2. They can't run block but looked less than pitiful because with Grier the pass was able to set up the run to some extent.

Florida has averaged over 3.00 yards per carry twice in the last 7 games (Georgia and South Carolina).

It's a terrible offensive line. We have known from the outset it was going to be. I am in complete amazement at the ability to win games despite the line play. It's a major reason why the 2016 team will be better, at least on paper.

Don't laugh at this, but I've got a funny feeling about tomorrow too. I would not be surprised to see Florida pull it off. No QB, no line, no kicker....but, they've been rolling 7's all season.

There are a couple of things at work here.

1. They've run out of smoke and several mirrors are broken.

2. They can't run block but looked less than pitiful because with Grier the pass was able to set up the run to some extent.

Florida has averaged over 3.00 yards per carry twice in the last 7 games (Georgia and South Carolina).

It's a terrible offensive line. We have known from the outset it was going to be. I am in complete amazement at the ability to win games despite the line play. It's a major reason why the 2016 team will be better, at least on paper.

Don't laugh at this, but I've got a funny feeling about tomorrow too. I would not be surprised to see Florida pull it off. No QB, no line, no kicker....but, they've been rolling 7's all season.

I'm not counting them out either. They'll play up and either beat FSU or give em all they want in defeat IMO.

when we get good enough to beat Alabama. Don't let the score this year fool you into thinking we are close to doing that. Alabama didn't have the same motivation playing us they had playing LSU. If they had, score / domination would have been similar.

and Butch can't answer when that will be...

This is stupidity at its finest. Didnt have the motivation to play us? Good lord.

Are you kidding? You're kidding, right? You're arguing that Florida has more talent than UT now that it fits your argument/narrative.....when earlier in the season you were (correctly) talking about how we should beat Florida because we have so much more talent. For crying out loud, you got busted. Just man up and take your medicine.

No. Florida is not more talented than Tennessee. I would say the talent is about even. They're decidedly more talented on defense while we're more talented on offense.

I had us projected to go 10-2 this season. While I had Florida going 7-5. Hence my comment on us being more talented. I never imagined Florida could go 10-1. I don't chalk all that credit up to McElwain. Its obvious he inherited a talented roster that underacheived under Muschamp.

With Florida being 10-1, I vastly underrated their talent. Especially on defense. I knew they were good defensively. But I didn't think this good. Like I said. Mel Kiper said their top 5 DBs will be 1st or 2nd round picks. We all know Jonathan Bullard will be a high draft pick. And then add the emergence of Caleb Brantley and you have a defense filled with NFL studs.

I'm fine with admitting I vastly underrated them. And 10-1 proves it.

Last edited:

Florida plays up or down to the competition. They're like spoiled brats. Look how they played against Ole Miss and us versus Kentucky and East Carolina. This has been their MO all year. Play up to the good teams play down to the bad teams.

They're defense is talented enough to keep them in every game.

I fully expect Florida to beat a not so great FSU team Saturday and to give Alabama a tough fight for 3 quarters in the SEC title game.

VN Store

Back