How would a loss this Saturday affect the program?

This is the kind of thinking that has put us in the current state of a once proud Tennessee program Neyland started. The Haslams greed catered to the rich and tossed the average fan aside. Higher ticket prices, box seats for the rich, charging students for tickets are just a few reasons this program just about has hit rock bottom. Let US NOT FORGET THE CHEAP STUPID, ON THE CHEAP, coaching hires over the last decade by the money people.

... think about all those people with money next time you sit on those cramed seats in Neyland with your knees in the person in front of you while you are wishing the person to the left and right of you would lose about 20 pounds. All those people with the money and the overpaid administration say thank you for your support!
Lol I can’t imagine how it was then in 2004 when we held the record capacity

I am still mad about the wv loss.Pruitt had 9 months to prepare for that game and failed miserably. No excuse.

Reactions: onevol74
I am still mad about the wv loss.Pruitt had 9 months to prepare for that game and failed miserably. No excuse.
Florida state had 9 months to prepare against Virgiania Tech. Hell all half of opening teams lost that weekend. Do those coaches suck to?

Reactions: livefaith
From what I have seen live at the games pruitt's game day management needs looks of work, he doesn't care about our traditions based on comments he has made. He needs this win Saturday to continue looking like he has a plan for our program. Recruits will only buy the early playing time for 1 or 2 classes ours ain't to good right now a top 25er if I rec as LLC and that won't get it done.

What comments about traditions are you talking about?

Florida state had 9 months to prepare against Virgiania Tech. Hell all half of opening teams lost that weekend. Do those coaches suck to?
Not the best example as FSU is coached by a warm body and WV>>>>>>>>>VT

Last edited:
This is the kind of thinking that has put us in the current state of a once proud Tennessee program Neyland started. The Haslams greed catered to the rich and tossed the average fan aside. Higher ticket prices, box seats for the rich, charging students for tickets are just a few reasons this program just about has hit rock bottom. Let US NOT FORGET THE CHEAP STUPID, ON THE CHEAP, coaching hires over the last decade by the money people.

... think about all those people with money next time you sit on those cramed seats in Neyland with your knees in the person in front of you while you are wishing the person to the left and right of you would lose about 20 pounds. All those people with the money and the overpaid administration say thank you for your support!

So what should the administration do right now?

Reactions: livefaith
No real effect, other than maybe a couple recruits sour on us, and fans immediately shift to basketball.

Disappointing, for sure, but either way, Pruitt will hammer home the message for next year. If we lose, it will irritate him even more and make the off season work outs that much more difficult for players, in my opinion. If I'm an underclassman, I'm going all out for Vandy, for this reason alone.

Not worried about Pruitt now. If we're asking the same question this time next year, then I'm going to start to wonder...

At the end of the day, it doesn’t mean much. It’s not like people will look back on 2018 and tell their grandkids about it.

Having said that, there are a few people in this thread not being genuine.

Missing a bowl game and losing to Vanderbilt before the season was not what was expected.

Good news is, I think they do beat Vandy and they do go bowling.

But, don’t act like losing to Vandy and not going bowling is what your expected in August.

At the end of the day, it doesn’t mean much. It’s not like people will look back on 2018 and tell their grandkids about it.

Having said that, there are a few people in this thread not being genuine.

Missing a bowl game and losing to Vanderbilt before the season was not what was expected.

Good news is, I think they do beat Vandy and they do go bowling.

But, don’t act like losing to Vandy and not going bowling is what your expected in August.

Dude stop acting like you speak for TN fans. Because you dont. Once we lost Trey Smith, most on here didnt think 6 wins was attainable. Even after the UF game, very few, inc.uding myself, thought the ealistic win total was 3-4.

At the beginning of the season, I said between 5-6 wins. Many predicted Vandy as a loss. Why? Because they have dominated us the last 2 years. Including 2016 when we had Dobbs, Kamara, Malone and Barnett. This team doesnt have anything close to those players. So just stop with your BS.

Reactions: Behr
Dude stop acting like you speak for TN fans. Because you dont. Once we lost Trey Smith, most on here didnt think 6 wins was attainable. Even after the UF game, very few, inc.uding myself, thought the ealistic win total was 3-4.

At the beginning of the season, I said between 5-6 wins. Many predicted Vandy as a loss. Why? Because they have dominated us the last 2 years. Including 2016 when we had Dobbs, Kamara, Malone and Barnett. This team doesnt have anything close to those players. So just stop with your BS.

Before the season, for a lot of people, West Virginia was a mid level Big 12 team.

Tennessee was terrible in 2017 and could have beaten South Carolina, Florida, and Kentucky just as easily as they lost the year before. No reason, many believed, they couldn’t beat those teams in 2018. And that doesn’t include Missouri and Vanderbilt who no one respects.

The crazy part is that Tennessee beat Auburn which was one of the games even optimists had chalked up as a loss back in August.

I’ve been on the board long enough to know that most here take it as an insult to lose to Vandy and don’t accept it under any circumstances.

The real key will be the offseason when we see what shakeup the roster incurs and if the coaching staff stays intact without any assistants leaving.

Ahhhh ....the ole class war...it’s worked for generations now....🤗

There is plenty of room for improvement with our coaching staff but to expect more from the underdeveloped roster they inherited is pretty absurd. Just keeping some of these kids on the field has taken an act of God. They were dropping like flies the past 2 years, with no S&C. Wait until we add a few pieces and have a roster with another full year of S&C, a little staff continuity, and a more realistic schedule and then decide what we have moving forward.

VN Store

Back