I'm very dissatisfied with our students

I AGREE! Let the playing do the talking! I was kinda shocked at our coaches behavior in last minute of game.. acted as though he had no idea how to dispose of last 5 seconds of game... Running all the way down the field to call time out with 5 seconds remaining then holding team meeting for kneel down play... I know he was excited, but looked kinda like he was choking with the win... Experience?
MUST BE, he stated he knew, absolutely KNEW we were going to win at half time and before game. LOL

And if they pulled a Mason Rudolph and the Gators got the ball back with even a second left? You'd be hating on that.

LOL :)

Reactions: 2 people
Plain stupid. Let's storm the field after beating a lower ranked team in week 4. Let's also have a mass of humanity tearing up the field we've struggled to get in shape for the last couple of years and spent millions doing so.

After BAMA! But as for a new tradition that I am disappointed in, it is the burning of stuff (usually couches) when really anything BIG happens. Give me a break. If that's the way things are now are, let's have a designated spot for bonfires after big wins. I'm not against a big blaze after a great win (could be a cool new Tennessee tradition), but burning couches on city streets seems a bit immature.

Reactions: 1 person
NOPE! For reasons listed below!

Yeah well we are better than that...We are Tennessee...Not some small league team that got the upset of a lifetime...I love the fact our fans didn't give them the satisfaction.

Wrong! You DON'T charge the field for winning a game you're supposed to win..

We are not Vandy

Rule of thumb is you never storm the field after beating a lower ranked opponent.

Never charge the field when you're he higher ranked team.

obviously none of you have been on a field when the crowd charges the field. It's the of the most glorious feelings you will have as a player. Thousands of fans hugging you. Beautiful women kissing you. You are pumped for weeks to come.

lol

As others have pointed out, storming the field is meant for upsets.

Honestly, in this case I'd have been ok with it.

But it would've had to been after a game winning or FG as time expired, not after a 2nd half of complete domination and a 10 point lead.

Charging the field looks stupid for established football programs.

Especially if you win a game you were supposed to win.

Agree and 98 was more of an "organic" response to the situation. Overtime, missed field goal. Had we won on the final play, then it would have made sense. Otherwise, mature program, no field rush.

To be honest I would have had a hard time not rushing myself and I believe that I was expecting it to happen in the game thread, but I am so very proud of how you guys handled yourselves on National tv. Those at the game really deserve as much praise as anyone. It looked beautiful on tv. You guys had a really great affect on the game as it was happening as well. At one point Gary was besides himself and said "the crowd is having an affect on this game." The team isn't the only one changing the game. The fans looked like they deserved to be there too.

Reactions: 3 people
Do you really think in this world of political correctness they would pepper spray students charging the field?

YES! Pepper spraying vs protecting 102444 from possible riot is a no brainer. I would also consider neutering that lone sob.
P. S. I'm sorry but, I didn't see your happy(but stupid) ass charging the field. :crazy:

As a student sitting about 4 rows up in J. They had the isles blocked and three rows of security with two HUGE dudes walking around behind them. Wasnt worth it.

Last edited:
Never charge the field. Never. It looks desperate.

Also, it also costs the university monies in the form of fines and repairs, some students/fans get awarded with an arrest record (good luck finding a job), and storming the field steals the opportunity for the folks who actually won the game to celebrate their win.

Reactions: 3 people
They should have manned up and charged the field. The goal posts should be at the bottom of the TN river as we speak.

Sports center would have shown the field covered with UT fans for weeks to come.

NO and HELL no. We need to start acting like we've been there before...that beating FL is not that big of a deal as of yesterday afternoon.

Time to start our own damn streak. Let them storm their own field 10 years from now if/when they finally beat us.

Charging the field looks stupid for established football programs.

Especially if you win a game you were supposed to win.

The funny thing is...our students hadn't "been there" before. I'm surprised they didn't rush it honestly.

OP- you aren't dissatisfied that they set two couches and a car on fire?

I think the car fire was from an accident. Police scanner said there was an accident involving 2 cars with everyone getting out of both cars just before the reports of a car fire. May not be related tho

...I remember when I used to sit low (years ago) they had a perimeter of cops around the field
There was a ring of guys in light blue shirts around the perimeter of the field, staring up in the stands. Verne and Gary pointed them out. Plus others in the aisles, as someone else mentioned.

Travis Stephens (VFL34) changed my thinking on that. He said, if we charged the field, that would make Florida think they are someone special.

In reality, they are just another average team who are once again a nobody in the world of college football. Doubt they are even a Top-20 team.

Bama being the pedastal is about to end. Not so much of us but, saban is getting on up in age.. He don't need the money. He just likes winning. I would say 1 more NC and I think it will be done for him. Idt Bama will be in there this year though.. They have struggled in almost all their games(not that we haven't) .. They don't look like the Bama of last year.. Tennessee should beat them this year 😀.

I AGREE! Let the playing do the talking! I was kinda shocked at our coaches behavior in last minute of game.. acted as though he had no idea how to dispose of last 5 seconds of game... Running all the way down the field to call time out with 5 seconds remaining then holding team meeting for kneel down play... I know he was excited, but looked kinda like he was choking with the win... Experience?
MUST BE, he stated he knew, absolutely KNEW we were going to win at half time and before game. LOL
I don't agree... He had to get the clock down enough to run one play that would kill the remaining seconds. He did that. He managed that. He made sure the players knew what to do. It was perfectly executed.

I don't agree... He had to get the clock down enough to run one play that would kill the remaining seconds. He did that. He managed that. He made sure the players knew what to do. It was perfectly executed.

I would have told Dobbs to fake it to Hurd and turn around and run out of bounds at the 40 into the waiting arms of your team. Because you just kicked FL ass and I'm an ******* like that.

They should have manned up and charged the field. The goal posts should be at the bottom of the TN river as we speak.

Sports center would have shown the field covered with UT fans for weeks to come.

Childish. Fans should act like they have been there before (winning big games). Tearing down goal posts after beating a team you were supposed to beat shows lack of class.

VN Store

Back