I'm very dissatisfied with our students

I AGREE! Let the playing do the talking! I was kinda shocked at our coaches behavior in last minute of game.. acted as though he had no idea how to dispose of last 5 seconds of game... Running all the way down the field to call time out with 5 seconds remaining then holding team meeting for kneel down play... I know he was excited, but looked kinda like he was choking with the win... Experience?
MUST BE, he stated he knew, absolutely KNEW we were going to win at half time and before game. LOL

Don't let me get in the way of your needlessly groping about in the dark for something to gripe about after what everyone else is still celebrating, but stop me when you realize that with 5 seconds left a kneel down play would have given Florida back the ball since the clock stops on change of possession. If you go back and listen he makes sure everyone in that huddle knows they have 5 seconds to run off because its a statement for the game to end while you still have the ball. But again feel free to crawl into your cave of misery, because frankly no one wants your crap here.

Reactions: 1 person
The only reason is because we essentially ended them game in the 4th. Had it come down to a game winning field goal or a Hail Mary then the fans would have rushed because the state troopers (about 200 of them) wouldn't have been able to get to the field in time.

Obviously none of you have been on a field when the crowd charges the field. It's the of the most glorious feelings you will have as a player. Thousands of fans hugging you. Beautiful women kissing you. You are pumped for weeks to come.

Not to mention all of the recruits at the game would be right in the middle of it. They leave the stadium feeling like part of the team already.

You don't charge the field when you were a 6.5 point favorite. You charge the field when you upset the favorites to win the NC and you are an underdog. And even then the circumstances must be right. Upset Bama in October and maybe, just maybe we can think about it but in reality I wouldn't want then to have that extra bit of fire for the rematch in ATL.

Travis Stephens (VFL34) changed my thinking on that. He said, if we charged the field, that would make Florida think they are someone special.

In reality, they are just another average team who are once again a nobody in the world of college football. Doubt they are even a Top-20 team.

After we beat Bama, we charge the field!

I absolutely agree. Show some class it's been awhile but we've been there before.

I heard today on Sunday Sports Talk that it would cost the university like $500,000 if fans charged the field. Can't remember if that number is correct or not but it's a hefty fine from the NCAA

I heard today on Sunday Sports Talk that it would cost the university like $500,000 if fans charged the field. Can't remember if that number is correct or not but it's a hefty fine from the NCAA

And the last time CBS lost about $100k in camera equipment mounted on the goalposts, and the field was ripped apart.

I like the Internet tough guys who think total strangers should get their ass beat by police for his amusement.

I really don't think they would have. I think they would have said this is what 11 years of pent up frustration looks like.

Nope. Let me write what would have been written:

- This kids these days don't know how to act like they've been there. It's embarrassing that we have sunk this low.

- These kids these days don't have any respect for uniformed authority. If a cop tells you not to get on the field, you're asking for the bearing you'll get.

- These kids today have no respect for the work these athletes put in. Someone could have been seriously hurt.

Etc etc etc.

And the last time CBS lost about $100k in camera equipment mounted on the goalposts, and the field was ripped apart.

I like the Internet tough guys who think total strangers should get their ass beat by police for his amusement.

I am on the fence about it honestly. On one hand, it would make sense considering it has been so long since we've beaten them but in any case it's not worth getting thrown in jail or costing the university. All that being said I think the fans celebrated in the best and safest way possible- from their seats!

Last edited:
As someone said above, fans from established programs should not charge the field. Even if florida were ranked ahead of us yesterday--say, 12th, 10th, whatever--we should not have charged the field.

Nope. Let me write what would have been written:

- This kids these days don't know how to act like they've been there. It's embarrassing that we have sunk this low.

- These kids these days don't have any respect for uniformed authority. If a cop tells you not to get on the field, you're asking for the bearing you'll get.

- These kids today have no respect for the work these athletes put in. Someone could have been seriously hurt.

Etc etc etc.

Oh good grief.

No, we should have walked off calmly as if it was business as usual. No need to make UF feel special.

As another poster on here said: beat Bama, then we can storm the pitch.

I really don't think they would have. I think they would have said this is what 11 years of pent up frustration looks like.

That, followed immediately by, "but obviously this Florida team wasn't worth the fine and disrespect the fan base will get for acting like they've never beaten a team ranked 5 spots below the Vols before". I have to believe you guys supporting rushing the field are so young you don't remember beating Florida before.

For Bama...hmmmm...how much is that SEC fine now?

1st time violating the rushing the court/field rule the school pays:

$50,000 fine — 10 times more than the previous cost for first-time offenders.

2nd offense is now $100,000
3rd and ALL subsequent offenses $250,000

Not too bright anymore, that rushing the field thing.

They should have manned up and charged the field. The goal posts should be at the bottom of the TN river as we speak.

Sports center would have shown the field covered with UT fans for weeks to come.

So, man up, prepay the $50,000 fine and make it happen.

They should have manned up and charged the field. The goal posts should be at the bottom of the TN river as we speak.

Sports center would have shown the field covered with UT fans for weeks to come.

Words can't express how glad I am that we did not charge the field. Travis' point is spot on. FL is not superior to us - this is not an FCS team upsetting an FBS team. Beat FL, move on, and do the same to GA, A&M, AL, etc... Business as usual.

I was proud that the fans stayed in the stands- act like you have been there before.

Goal posts coming down is for directional schools when they beat the big boys.

There was a ring of guys in light blue shirts around the perimeter of the field, staring up in the stands. Verne and Gary pointed them out. Plus others in the aisles, as someone else mentioned.

Actually, the someone else mentioned isles, not aisles :p

Me thinks someone is padding the OP's posts with likes and stars. Are you kidding me?

Where have some of you been the last decade? Acting like it's no big deal to beat Florida, which btw no Tennessee coach has done in any type of consistent manor during my lifetime, is interesting IMO. I think that being honest about the series is important.

I was proud that the fans stayed in the stands- act like you have been there before.

Goal posts coming down is for directional schools when they beat the big boys.

Like you have been there before? Hmm it's been a long time since we beat UF. I personally wouldn't want to rush the field, for different reasons, but I wouldn't make fun of someone who felt like doing it. This win is a huge deal. We have never been dominant over Florida in my lifetime. Most people my age and current recruits are really excited by this win. It's a huge deal to beat the defending SEC eastern division
champion. We would probably look foolish to others who know anything about history if we act as if we have done something that we have done a lot.

Expect to win. Charging the field looks lame. Now if Duke would have beaten ND in Durham charging the field would have been appropriate.

VN Store

Back