I'm very dissatisfied with our students

The only reason is because we essentially ended them game in the 4th. Had it come down to a game winning field goal or a Hail Mary then the fans would have rushed because the state troopers (about 200 of them) wouldn't have been able to get to the field in time.

They were already at the field, weren't they?

My rant:
So my son and I as well as a buddy of mine and his kids moved away from our seat into the concourse tunnel to watch the last 5 minutes of the game thinking the fans may storm the field. Figured it would be safer for the kids to be there than on the bleachers. Two police officers come up to us and told us to move out of the tunnel (now we are against the wall and not in the middle of the exit). So not wanting to miss the last minutes of the game we moved to another concourse tunnel, where there were other police officers but in this case they didn't say anything to us and actually being very cordial and nice. A minute later the same two officers from the other tunnel walked up and saw us and then began yelling at us telling us that we were already warned to go and then told us that we were being kicked out of the game!!!! I was floored, we pleaded with the officers that we just wanted to safely watch the last few minutes of this great victory but then we were cut off and told that if we said anything else we would be arrested! Now I'm with my son with other kids so I never raised my voice and was respectful, but these idiots walked us out of the freaking stadium!! I was so pissed and told my son that we are not missing the last minutes of this game, luckily we entered the stadium quickly at another entrance but ended up missing several minutes of the game because of these power hungry officers. I would have understood if we were belligerent, disrespectful, drunk, etc...but to just stand on the side with my kid watching the end of one of the greatest victories in recent Vol history and to be kicked out of the stadium is total bs!!

here's the problem:

1. It is their job to keep the tunnels clear in case of an emergency. Not for YOU to decide.

2. You displayed non compliance by moving to another tunnel where unfortunately another officer wasn't doing his job. Non compliance with the police seems to be an issue these days and you just taught that to your children.

3. Your kids will have a bad image of the police due to your actions.

4. You do not get to do what YOU want to do. The Police and staff are in charge of the event and you are just a guest. Comply with rules and your kids don't have to see you get punked by the cops.

Reactions: 2 people
I AGREE! Let the playing do the talking! I was kinda shocked at our coaches behavior in last minute of game.. acted as though he had no idea how to dispose of last 5 seconds of game... Running all the way down the field to call time out with 5 seconds remaining then holding team meeting for kneel down play... I know he was excited, but looked kinda like he was choking with the win... Experience?
MUST BE, he stated he knew, absolutely KNEW we were going to win at half time and before game. LOL

Do you know nothing about football?? We took a knee on third down, let the clock run down and called a TO at the end of the play clock. We needed to huddle because we had to run a play as taking a knee on 4th is an immediate turnover on downs an stops the clock. Needed to run a play to run the clock and almost scored again.

VN Store

Back