I'm very dissatisfied with our students

They should have manned up and charged the field. The goal posts should be at the bottom of the TN river as we speak.

Sports center would have shown the field covered with UT fans for weeks to come.

We are Tennessee.. We should NEVER storm the field.. This program has a rich tradition and winning is the expectation.. Period!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Obviously none of you have been on a field when the crowd charges the field. It's the of the most glorious feelings you will have as a player. Thousands of fans hugging you. Beautiful women kissing you. You are pumped for weeks to come.

Not to mention all of the recruits at the game would be right in the middle of it. They leave the stadium feeling like part of the team already.

So 1990's.

Actually, the someone else mentioned isles, not aisles :p

Yeah, I saw that... I was trying to behave. :)

If I were in my spiffy light blue shirt on an isle, I would have let the fans do whatever they liked. As long as it didn't interfere with the flow of Adult Beverages. And the occasional dropping of a fishing line into the sea.

giphy.gif

They should have manned up and charged the field. The goal posts should be at the bottom of the TN river as we speak.

Sports center would have shown the field covered with UT fans for weeks to come.
Funny what disappoints one person makes another man proud. The dignity it showed screamed of class and confidence and not "hey look what we found"...IMHO...

Like others have said, charge it when we beat bama..that is field charge worthy

This would be worthy of charging the field.....

..we need a plan though.

step 1: charge the field
step 2: somehow the goalpost come down
step 3: they get shoved up Kiffens
bunghole.

Obviously none of you have been on a field when the crowd charges the field. It's the of the most glorious feelings you will have as a player. Thousands of fans hugging you. Beautiful women kissing you. You are pumped for weeks to come.

Not to mention all of the recruits at the game would be right in the middle of it. They leave the stadium feeling like part of the team already.

My brother was literally almost killed down on the field when the goal post came down at the Florida game a few years back. He was forced onto the field out of the stands then hit by the goal post. He said he was scared to death for several horrific moments. That's not MY idea of "fun"...sorry

My brother was literally almost killed down on the field when the goal post came down at the Florida game a few years back. He was forced onto the field out of the stands then hit by the goal post. He said he was scared to death for several horrific moments. That's not MY idea of "fun"...sorry

Scary. If I were forced onto the field, I'd find somewhere other than beneath the goalposts to hang out, though.

Students nowadays couldn't tear down a goal post. Most would be on their phones trying to record it and there wouldn't be enough of them leftover to bring it down.

My rant:
So my son and I as well as a buddy of mine and his kids moved away from our seat into the concourse tunnel to watch the last 5 minutes of the game thinking the fans may storm the field. Figured it would be safer for the kids to be there than on the bleachers. Two police officers come up to us and told us to move out of the tunnel (now we are against the wall and not in the middle of the exit). So not wanting to miss the last minutes of the game we moved to another concourse tunnel, where there were other police officers but in this case they didn't say anything to us and actually being very cordial and nice. A minute later the same two officers from the other tunnel walked up and saw us and then began yelling at us telling us that we were already warned to go and then told us that we were being kicked out of the game!!!! I was floored, we pleaded with the officers that we just wanted to safely watch the last few minutes of this great victory but then we were cut off and told that if we said anything else we would be arrested! Now I'm with my son with other kids so I never raised my voice and was respectful, but these idiots walked us out of the freaking stadium!! I was so pissed and told my son that we are not missing the last minutes of this game, luckily we entered the stadium quickly at another entrance but ended up missing several minutes of the game because of these power hungry officers. I would have understood if we were belligerent, disrespectful, drunk, etc...but to just stand on the side with my kid watching the end of one of the greatest victories in recent Vol history and to be kicked out of the stadium is total bs!!

My rant:
So my son and I as well as a buddy of mine and his kids moved away from our seat into the concourse tunnel to watch the last 5 minutes of the game thinking the fans may storm the field. Figured it would be safer for the kids to be there than on the bleachers. Two police officers come up to us and told us to move out of the tunnel (now we are against the wall and not in the middle of the exit). So not wanting to miss the last minutes of the game we moved to another concourse tunnel, where there were other police officers but in this case they didn't say anything to us and actually being very cordial and nice. A minute later the same two officers from the other tunnel walked up and saw us and then began yelling at us telling us that we were already warned to go and then told us that we were being kicked out of the game!!!! I was floored, we pleaded with the officers that we just wanted to safely watch the last few minutes of this great victory but then we were cut off and told that if we said anything else we would be arrested! Now I'm with my son with other kids so I never raised my voice and was respectful, but these idiots walked us out of the freaking stadium!! I was so pissed and told my son that we are not missing the last minutes of this game, luckily we entered the stadium quickly at another entrance but ended up missing several minutes of the game because of these power hungry officers. I would have understood if we were belligerent, disrespectful, drunk, etc...but to just stand on the side with my kid watching the end of one of the greatest victories in recent Vol history and to be kicked out of the stadium is total bs!!

That stinks. Sorry about that.

Fans should never charge the field and especially destroy property. Leave that for the ole miss, auburn, and South Carolina fans. Alabama Tennessee Florida and LSU fans shouldn't be charging the field.

We are Tennessee.. We should NEVER storm the field.. This program has a rich tradition and winning is the expectation.. Period!!!

I think this level of thinking is ridiculous.

It's a celebration. Do it if you want.

Guarantee if it had been a last second TD or Fg for the win it would have been stormed by students.

The beat down in the 2nd half kinda took away from the extreme reaction to a last second score for win.

Scary. If I were forced onto the field, I'd find somewhere other than beneath the goalposts to hang out, though.

Had no choice. He said it was reminding him of the Cincy Who concert where folks were killed. If you've ever been caught in a mob rush like that there's NOTHING you can do..

Our culture has engineered all future generations of passive sheep. Don't blame the sheep, blame the people that raised the sheep.

My rant:

Nah, we're not living in a Police State. Its all a figment of our imagination.

Knoxville cops are as bad as I've seen anywhere.

You guys are aware they (the school) lined the field with a bunch of security in the last 5 minutes of the game as a show of force to keep them from doing so, right?

As in, anyone who tried to rush the field was going to get tackled to the ground, cuffed, or worse (I'm sure some have like a stun gun or something if need be).

...so they should have just called the school on that one?

Our culture has engineered all future generations of passive sheep. Don't blame the sheep, blame the people that raised the sheep.

The school loses like $50,000 to $250,000+ in fines anytime we rush the field or court (or more if someone were to do something like take a swing at a player from the other team), and that's why they pay the much less costly amount of all the security out there to prevent the fans from rushing out there.

It wasn't fans being passive, it was "brought out cops and security to keep them from rushing the field."

Last edited:
I think this level of thinking is ridiculous.

It's a celebration. Do it if you want.

Guarantee if it had been a last second TD or Fg for the win it would have been stormed by students.

The beat down in the 2nd half kinda took away from the extreme reaction to a last second score for win.

Did you see all the security brought out? Even the CBS broadcasters noticed it and said something about it in the 4th quarter.

So, man up, prepay the $50,000 fine and make it happen.

I'm pretty sure we're not a first-time offender (rushing the court in basketball counts towards this number as well).

And they did man up, they manned up and paid for the police/extra security at the end of games to discourage (and or stop) anyone trying to rush the field.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back