Is Utah State really that good???

Says the guy who said Marlin Lane doesn't have any college experience.......

And we had a better recruiting class only because we had more recruits......

Lane career season is only a 100 yards more than a FL freshman that had to play due to the starting rb being knocked out for the season.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not sure but Vegas knows what they are doing... Utah St started as a 4.5 favorite. Tn is now a 7 point favorite. Sounds good but TN has a home field advantage. Vegas isn't giving the Vols a walk in the park.

I keep hearing about UTs RBs but so far they haven't proved anything on the college level.

Lane is a very solid RB.

He had to split time with Rajon Neal the past few seasons, but Lane is definitely legit.

Reactions: 3 people
Lane is a very solid RB.

He had to split time with Rajon Neal the past few seasons, but Lane is definitely legit.

Hopefully all gators aren't as clueless about college football as your brethern here. Especially in the SEC the second string RB splits carries all throughout every game. Lane got his against good competition in meaningful minutes.

Reactions: 2 people
Hopefully all gators aren't as clueless about college football as your brethern here. Especially in the SEC the second string RB splits carries all throughout every game. Lane got his against good competition in meaningful minutes.

No less clueless than the Vol who didn't know Mack Brown was still on our roster, but I get where you're coming from.

The days of a Bo or Herschel feature back getting 30 carries a game are over.

Again, I think Lane is legit, but until proven otherwise I think Hurd's contributions will be somewhat limited as a true freshman.

Okay.... Back ups never get mop up duties and pad the stats even at RB.

No less clueless than the Vol who didn't know Mack Brown was still on our roster, but I get where you're coming from.

The days of a Bo or Herschel feature back getting 30 carries a game are over.

Again, I think Lane is legit, but until proven otherwise I think Hurd's contributions will be somewhat limited as a true freshman.

Oh I'm sorry...I'm supposed to know a RB for a school I don't follow, that has played games in 4 seasons is eligible to still play?

Keep in mind, I'm not on a Florida board talking trash on your running backs. I was simply taking stats and plugging them in. I noticed Brown has stats for '10, '11, '12 and '13. By nature I just assumed he was done.

Okay.... Back ups never get mop up duties and pad the stats even at RB.

Not the number 2's. That is for the 3's and 4's. You don't want your 1's and 2's getting hurt during mop up duty. Certainly not in the SEC. Of all people, and Florida fan should understand the importance of keeping your quality players healthy and out of the game when not needed.

Oh I'm sorry...I'm supposed to know a RB for a school I don't follow, that has played games in 4 seasons is eligible to still play?

Keep in mind, I'm not on a Florida board talking trash on your running backs. I was simply taking stats and plugging them in. I noticed Brown has stats for '10, '11, '12 and '13. By nature I just assumed he was done.

Slow your roll son, I'm not talking trash either. I've been very complimentary of Lane throughout this thread.

As for making assumptions, you know what they say. A little homework goes a long way :whistling:

Our offense will get tested. Their D is no slouch. Not saying they are SEC Caliber, but the stats don't lie (Click link below). They had the #6 D in the country last year. The did lose some upperclassman, but doesn't everybody? In the end, homefield advantage and talent at the skill positions should take over for us. Vols 34-Aggies 20

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2013 NCAA S&P+ RATINGS, DEFENSE

Their defense was #14 in the nation, not #6. at least Get the facts straight....

Too many panicky fans and too much drama. OMG the sky is falling...

Total Defense | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

Last edited:
I agree, I was using UF back's stats compared to Lane's to show GG that Lane isn't an unproven back.

So what we learned is GG doesn't follow UT that much, and you don't follow UF that much.

Anyone paying attention, with no dog in the hunt, would easily see both guys are very good tailbacks, with the potential to be great.

Slow your roll son, I'm not talking trash either. I've been very complimentary of Lane throughout this thread.

As for making assumptions, you know what they say. A little homework goes a long way :whistling:

"No less clueless than the Vol who didn't know Mack Brown was still on our roster"

My roll is slowed. I'm just saying...I don't think it is clueless for a vol fan to not know Brown somehow is still eligible.

So what we learned is GG doesn't follow UT that much, and you don't follow UF that much.

Anyone paying attention, with no dog in the hunt, would easily see both guys are very good tailbacks, with the potential to be great.

You know what the difference is, though? We're on a UT board.

"No less clueless than the Vol who didn't know Mack Brown was still on our roster"

My roll is slowed. I'm just saying...I don't think it is clueless for a vol fan to not know Brown somehow is still eligible.

I don't know who is eligible for georgia southern either.

Reactions: 1 person
And?

Neither one of you made an argument worth a damn.

At the end of the day you didn't do your homework, and GG clearly hasn't watched Lane play at all.

Point is, don't come on a vol message board talking stupid about how lane is inexperienced and only played in mop up duty. Its not hard to understand.

Reactions: 4 people
You really think there's going to be a full throated Third Saturday in November level Vol crowd for Utah State? If they score first you'll be able to hear the farts of the guy in the upper deck who asked for extra beans in his Petros.

Do you just stand at the ready with a cold bucket of water to douse any ember of optimism on this board?

For only the second time I think the ignore button will come in handy.

Time to flush this turd.:flush:

Reactions: 2 people
And?

Neither one of you made an argument worth a damn.

At the end of the day you didn't do your homework, and GG clearly hasn't watched Lane play at all.

Personally, I think my argument is at least decent...

"UT's rb's are unproven." My response...

Florida backs 2013

Mack Brown- 148 car / 543 yrd / 3.7 avg / 4 TD

Kelvin Taylor- 111 car / 508 yrd /4.6 avg / 4 TD

Matt Jones- 79 car / 339 yrd / 4.3 avg / 2 TD

Marlin Lane 2013

Marlin Lane- 101 car / 534 yrd / 5.3 avg / 4 TD

VN Store

Back