Is Utah State really that good???

I don't know who is eligible for georgia southern either.

By the time they played us, GSU had as many injuries as we did...so I didn't know either.

I just know Muschamp is lucky to still be employed after that fiasco....and GSU did what UT couldn't. :)

Reactions: 4 people
One of the USU fans was saying they're having real trouble snapping the ball to Keeton. Center is having some real problems

Personally, I think my argument is at least decent...

"UT's rb's are unproven." My response...

All is good but we are talking about So. Vs Sr..... :)

Lane wasn't on no top 10 RB sec list... Taylor was... The experts make these list... Not fans.

Personally, I think my argument is at least decent...

"UT's rb's are unproven." My response...

Fair enough, but but you don't get to plead ignorance just because you're a UT fan on a UT message board. UF's leading rusher is back and you completely whiffed on it.

Still, GG is the bigger loser for discounting Lane, and suggesting 2nd team yards are somehow worse than 1st team yards. It's as though the only time he watched Lane play was against UF.

And since this thread needs desperately to get back on topic, I'm of the opinion that UT is no worse than 17 points better than Utah State playing at home.

Reactions: 1 person
Over the course of the past 5 years, Utah St. has played one OCC game, on the road, against big time competition in big time atmospheres.

2009: 19 pt.dog on the road in College Station and lost 38-30
2010: 34 pt. dog on the road in Norman and lost 31-24. (The following week OU hammered #17 FSU, 47-17).
2011: 23 pt. dog on the road @ Auburn and lost 42-38.
2012: 14 pt. dog on the road in Madison & lost 16-14.
2013: 6 pt. dog on the road @ The Coliseum and lost 17-14 to the Trojans.

I do not know what they have this year but they are better then you think.

Point is, don't come on a vol message board talking stupid about how lane is inexperienced and only played in mop up duty. Its not hard to understand.

Then you must have also misunderstood me calling him out for making that stupid claim about UT's RBs.

Fair enough, but but you don't get to plead ignorance just because you're a UT fan on a UT message board. UF's leading rusher is back and you completely whiffed on it.

Still, GG is the bigger loser for discounting Lane, and suggesting 2nd team yards are somehow worse than 1st team yards. It's as though the only time he watched Lane play was against UF.

And since this thread needs desperately to get back on topic, I'm of the opinion that UT is no worse than 17 points better than Utah State playing at home.

Can I give you half a like for getting us back on topic?

I whiffed on a 4 year player being able to return for a 5th year. And ESPN has him listed as and Senior in the 2013 stats, not and RSjr. Yes I whiffed...but I am far from embarrassed. The odds were not in my favor. BTW... MB shouldn't matter anyway, he is a 3rd stringer from what GG says.

Can I give you half a like for getting us back on topic?

I whiffed on a 4 year player being able to return for a 5th year. And ESPN has him listed as and Senior in the 2013 stats, not and RSjr. Yes I whiffed...but I am far from embarrassed. The odds were not in my favor. BTW... MB shouldn't matter anyway, he is a 3rd stringer from what GG says.

:)

If Mack Brown rushes for 400 yards this season, he should only get credit for 200, because he's likely our 3rd string RB behind Taylor and Matt Jones.

Over the course of the past 5 years, Utah St. has played one OCC game, on the road, against big time competition in big time atmospheres.

2010: 34 pt. dog on the road in Norman and lost 31-24. (The following week OU hammered #17 FSU, 47-17).

Solid post...still think UT wins by at least 17.

By the time they played us, GSU had as many injuries as we did...so I didn't know either.

I just know Muschamp is lucky to still be employed after that fiasco....and GSU did what UT couldn't. :)
Can't argue with that. Although I'm sure somebody will. :devilsmoke:

Here's his yards against what teams... They are padded. No use to kiss up... His stats were below avg against good "Ds". 13.2 yards against So. Bama and 3.2 against FL... Umm..

Football | NCAA | Player Stats - Marlin Lane - Tennessee Volunteers - washingtonpost.com

Last edited:

Had they lost all but 1 of their O and D lines? Half their starting LBs, all but 1 of their starting DBs? and Half of their starting WRs during any of those games?

I stand behind what I say. We will wipe the floor with them.

Then you must have also misunderstood me calling him out for making that stupid claim about UT's RBs.

No, I just also seen you stick up for him by saying he was no worse than so and so. He came on a vol board talking stupid and then we have all this BS to sift through BC of the gators fans. But you made effort to get this back on topic, so lets drop it and continue on discussing vols vs Utah state.

A couple of months ago when it first came out Utah St was.... Lines will change depending on betting so the house can stay ahead.

No they weren't. There has never been a Vegas line where USU was favored (or an offshore line). If you are referring to the 2.5 point favorite thread, that was not a Vegas line or even anything that could be wagered on.

Back on track... Not sure that Utah State is good at all. The test will be can a young UT team not make mistakes and can the lines hold up. It will be away the gauge UT and the young players progress. I thinkn UT should win by 10.

Yeah but those past teams don't matter. They replace a large part of their lines like we do. At wr, they don't really look too impressive. Starting qb and RB both coming back from serious injuries, this will actually be first game back for them.
Secondary looks to be a weakness for them. Apparently having some center to qb exchange issues.
First game of year, in neyland at night in front of 100,000 + .
Vols win by at least 10.

Lane... Back up... Taylor started most of those carriers big different when getting reps.

Back ups get clean up duties on weak teams..... Nice try

You have no idea what you're talking about. He got the overwhelming majority of his carries, if not all of them, running with UTs first team vs other teams' first team defenses. He wasn't a freakin JV Runningback or only getting mop up duty during blowouts. They were quality carries and he was virtually interchangeable with our "starter" Neal. I think a majority of posters would've wanted him as the "starter" last year.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back