J Jennings Dismissed from UT

Jennings dismissed himself from the team when he decided not to be out there with his teammates this year. Kids a heck ova player but you can't go awol like that and certainly can't do what he did on inst today. Good riddance.

You can definitely tell that you never played at the college level. When you are injured your job is to show up for treatment and thats it. You do not go to away games, you do not risk anything else, and often coaches don't want you on sidelines even for home games. Its a safety precaution, money saving, no win outcome. Even if it was his choice to not be on the sidelines then it is still HIS choice. Nobody else's.

Reactions: 2 people
You should have seen our useless interim on the Butch Hoke show.

Amazingly he takes full credit for accepting the kickoff in the monsoon, says it was his decision, the refs asked and he said "lets play", as he smiles like a moron.

Then immediately talks about how you couldnt see a thing, how you couldnt look up without rain and wind pelting your eyes, how the lights were out.

Bob kind of works in a another question wanting explanation I guess, Hoke just says, "We'll Orgeron said let's play, so I said let's play."

Yeah ya doofus, Orgeron wanted to play because LSU was KICKING OFF !!!! Of course LSU was ready to play. Good god it was bizarre.

Immediately Bob says "And so in those conditions the kickoff rolls to the five yard line, pinning the vols back."

Unblinking, Hoke goes on to talk about the possession, and weather conditions, the wasted possesion, unfavorable field position as if he were an innocent bystander, rather than the moron responsible.

Bob goes on to comment how the team wilted after that kickoff and the momentum shift that gave the game away.

Hoke just agreed smiling.

It was surely a screaming WTF moment.

Now we know why he was fired at Michigan and why our D line has sucked all season

Reactions: 2 people
Its disappointing that a staff cant make a guy that has never wanted to come here, come here?

No, it's disappointing that we have an adminstration by all accounts that seems to be fumbling the ball on this hire. Gruden was always a wish. Remember, Currie was part of The Fulmer firing as assistant AD

Or some people just don't care enough to keep buying into the program. Why watch a product that brings more embarrassment than pleasure?

I'm an alum who is apathetic towards the program at this point. Decisions like this further cement that apathy. I have no plans to come back until real change occurs. I'm sure others feel the same way. And from the outside looking in, UT is a dumpster fire.

Reactions: 8 people
You want a coach that would base his decision to coach here off one player that might be here two years?

So you think this has no possible I’ll effect on luring a coach? I think it helps show what weak leadership we have and will make said prospective coach look elsewhere.

**** Hoke. There better be a way for JJ to be back next year period

This player's actions today would be a red flag to any coach. We do not know the entire story from the program's perspective or from JJ's. What he did is unacceptable.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back