J Jennings moved to WR

Wonder if the Braxton Miller move encouraged him to not be so stubborn? CBJ and CMD said he would get a chance to play QB

IMO it's a combo of things. Knowing that he already has his hands full fighting for PT against Dormady and Jones moving forward, then add Guarantano and possibly Johnson/Lawrence in 2017 and 2018...

To me, that was the biggest factor. Plenty of people have also been in his ear for years telling him to play WR or S. Maybe Braxton Miller opened his eyes as well.

Reactions: 1 person
If Butch knew Von was done, he would tell us. He is a pretty straight shooter. I don't think these two things are related. This is solely in JJ's best interest.

Could be both maybe? Kill 2 birds with one stone (fu PETA)? Put JJ where he can thrive and help the team, while at the same time addressing contingencies for needed wr depth. All bases covered.

Reactions: 2 people
Why does this have to be a competition? I didn't start a fight with her. Damn. There are a lot of unfriendly Vol fans on this board.

Believe it or not, you'll get to know them soon enough. Some you can joke with some you can't. Some you can talk to like an adult, some you can't. Some you can have a good debate with and no hard feelings come of it.

Unfortunately there are some you can't do any of the above with, you will learn those also.

Believe it or not, you'll get to know them soon enough. Some you can joke with some you can't. Some you can talk to like an adult, some you can't. Some you can have a good debate with and no hard feelings come of it.

Unfortunately there are some you can't do any of the above with, you will learn those also.

Thanks. I haven't tried to start anything or "pull a quick trigger by correcting her." I was just simply discussing things, and I quickly edited my post when I realized I was referring to TL by the wrong first name.

There have been a lot of aggressive people on here today lol. Not exactly what I was expecting.

Reactions: 3 people
Thanks. I haven't tried to start anything or "pull a quick trigger by correcting her." I was just simply discussing things, and I quickly edited my post when I realized I was referring to TL by the wrong first name.

There have been a lot of aggressive people on here today lol. Not exactly what I was expecting.

It ebbs and flows. I'd definitely stay off the board after a loss if I were you. Lol

JJ saying he hates the term "athlete".. I think it's the ultimate compliment.. To me it means he is multi-talented and versatile. I think he a player that needs to be on the field! I'm excited about this decision / move to WR.

Reactions: 3 people
JJ saying he hates the term "athlete".. I think it's the ultimate compliment.. To me it means he is multi-talented and versatile. I think he a player that needs to be on the field! I'm excited about this decision / move to WR.

It's just a Dual Threat QB thing. Calling them an athlete, to them, makes it seem like they only know how to run around. But I agree, it's a compliment in reality. Especially if you're good enough to get an SEC offer as a QB yet are good enough of an "athlete" to also play WR or S in the SEC as well.

It's the Bo Jackson rule.

Has nothing to do with Von and everything to do with JJ seeing the QB depth chart and the guys we have coming in and realizing he can ball out elsewhere on the field.

Pretty much. Im sure it was encouraged by the staff as well.

This is the smartest move he could make if he has any dreams of the NFL in his future.

As a good WR in the SEC and the NFL also knowing he can play S his odds of getting a shot in the NFL just went through the roof.

He has "potential" as a QB but I don't think he would ever get a sniff as a QB in the NFL.

I'm really happy for him and for the impact he can now have for our footVol team!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Good day today.

Von and Big Charles probably coming back and JJ moving to a position he can contribute at.

Let's start fall camp now!

Trust me, you will hear this kids name on Saturday a lot! He is going to be a phenomenal Vol. He will be one of our most beloved players by the time he leaves for the NFL. He is a phenomenal athlete! Could not be more proud of him for this move! I hope he sticks to safety. He is an NFL safety! Size, speed, ball skills. Reminds me a little of Deon Grant or Dale Carter!

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back