Jayson Swain on Finebaum

More orange in his veins than you got in your closet

That doesn't make him right or wrong about anything. Swain isn't likely to get what he wants from the program or access to the program until Jones is gone. He certainly expresses no love or support for Jones... and Jones has no reason for rewarding him for taking that position.

Jones lost A game in 2017. IMO, this season is like a student whose semester grade is hovering just below what he needs to preserve his financial aid. He needs to score a solid "B" to get out of trouble now and an "A" to really get on good standing. The test has started. Jones just missed a question. He has 9 more questions and needs to get 6 or 7 of them right.

If he fails... my skepticism will be confirmed. I'll become one of the loudest voices here calling for him to go. The stuff going on over one... SICKENING... loss is starting to be over the top. If he combines that with a win or two vs LSU/UGA/Bama then this will be forgiven. If he doesn't... we can have a real conversation.

Reactions: 3 people
The guy is passionate, but he sounds like a guy ranting at a bar.

You’re confusing me. I’d think you are all for the just do it, quit trying to spin things theory. I’ve got nothing against this interview. He’s not over the top or crazy like Clay Travis or most Whack jobs that call in to PF. And he’s just being honest.

Swain bringing it in my opinion, never been a big fan of his show. He's a VFL and it shows.

Expected more profound opinion...instead too general....most of the people of general FB fans could tell you what we are hearing....he's a guy who has played at a high level...expected more profoundness from him.

You’re confusing me. I’d think you are all for the just do it, quit trying to spin things theory. I’ve got nothing against this interview. He’s not over the top or crazy like Clay Travis or most Whack jobs that call in to PF. And he’s just being honest.

I think his "Year 5" point is hard to deny. You can tell hes invested, but I just didn't find him to be particularly compelling.

I think his "Year 5" point is hard to deny. I just didn't find him to be particularly compelling.

What were you wanting? One of us VN whackos that sell one side or the other insanely too hard and unrealistically?

What were you wanting? One of us VN whackos that sell one side or the other insanely too hard and unrealistically?

I wanted a former player to give me something I didn't know. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't particularly memorable.

Reactions: 1 person
swain will bring it on Finebaum last few UT ppl on that show made us look god awful swain wont do that
Told it exactly like it is, no spin. Good for him! FYI Butch Jones, you are not the caretaker of Tennessee football. We the fans are, and it's just a matter of time until the revenue drops enough, for you to learn that first hand.

Reactions: 6 people
I wanted a former player to give me something I didn't know. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't particularly memorable.

Fair enough. What little I’ve heard from him, I’d never expect that. I don’t think former players are as much of an insider as we want to believe

Told it exactly like it is, no spin. Good for him! FYI Butch Jones, you are not the caretaker of Tennessee football. We the fans are, and it's just a matter of time until the revenue drops enough, for you to learn that first hand.
that doesn't make any sense to me. If the head coach isn't the caretaker of the football program, then what the heck is a caretaker?

Or... maybe he just isn't capable of becoming a better QB than Dormady regardless of the mobility you assume he can turn into big yards in the amount of time he's been in the program.

LWSVOL posted here a few days ago saying that the QB competition was never as close as they portrayed publicly. QD is FAR ahead. I have argued that the best reading of the information we were getting suggested the same thing going all the way back to the spring game. QD was given a more complex version of the O to run and was running it better. Some here argued with me that it wasn't true... now it is pretty much confirmed.

If you don't know who LWSVOL is... he's someone who apparently has significant, long-term ties in the AD.... People who see practice and hear the private conversations of coaches... and occasionally direct contact with a coach.
I totally agree,I believe QD is much better than JG. All that I was saying is that Butch isn't very good with developing talent.

Wrong the type of fans you see on this board are not caretakers of Tn. football.

Reactions: 7 people
That doesn't make him right or wrong about anything. Swain isn't likely to get what he wants from the program or access to the program until Jones is gone. He certainly expresses no love or support for Jones... and Jones has no reason for rewarding him for taking that position.

Jones lost A game in 2017. IMO, this season is like a student whose semester grade is hovering just below what he needs to preserve his financial aid. He needs to score a solid "B" to get out of trouble now and an "A" to really get on good standing. The test has started. Jones just missed a question. He has 9 more questions and needs to get 6 or 7 of them right.

If he fails... my skepticism will be confirmed. I'll become one of the loudest voices here calling for him to go. The stuff going on over one... SICKENING... loss is starting to be over the top. If he combines that with a win or two vs LSU/UGA/Bama then this will be forgiven. If he doesn't... we can have a real conversation.

Swain has contacts. He chooses to stay distant bc he is a straight shooter. Doesn't kiss coach butt.

that doesn't make any sense.
If the head coach isn't the caretaker, then what the heck is a caretaker?
Makes total sense. HC's captain the ship,and captains change when apathy sets in, and revenue drops, which is controlled by the fan base. If you can't grasp this concept, ask Phillip Fulmer.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back