Jimmy Cheek stepping down!

latest

That one rocks

Him leaving is a good thing.

Now we wait and see who we get for the replacement and pray it's not worse.

Never forget that things have been known to go from bad to worse.

Let us pray.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Hope he isn't leaving because he knows bad things are coming regarding the suit and other mess

Last edited:
Well this is going to fix every problem at UT!

But if it doesn't who should we blame?

Exactly. This sucks. Now people are going to have to find another scapegoat when things go wrong. It's not like he's going to be replaced by the State powers with anything other than another Communist.

Is there any chance that this is actually a bad thing, with everything that's been going on with the Title IX stuff?

That is my fear too. Let me say this to start, I'd be willing to wager that this hire will be a woman. It's really the smartest thing to do from a legal standpoint since they are facing the title IX lawsuit.

That said, hiring a female doesn't mean you suddenly quit playing sports. Miami won a title with Donna Schalala as president, so it's not like there are not female's who want to be competitive athletically. But if they hire someone that I might consider a "feminist," someone who is more sympathetic to the title IX suit, then you could have a situation where sports is de-emphasized.

Some may argue that is a good thing and that sports and universities should be more separated based on scandals like Baylor and Penn State. That said, look at the academic growth going on at Alabubba. Athletics truly are the front door to a university and winning makes that front door wide open.

Reactions: 2 people
IF it is used appropriately.

Cheek failed to bring in what's needed for education- teachers- and instead brought in researchers, overhead, and administrators while ballooning class sizes. You can read my other post to see other concerns I had with him.

Let's not mention how pointless a goal being top 25 in any overall university ranking is.

He has started an initiative, which is important as it improves UT as an academic brand. This means UT attracts brighter minds from all over the country. A growth in academics helps the community as a whole. Top 25 Public university is a very ambitious goal.

The lack of a single serious 'Phil is the man for the job' suggestion this deep in a thread is a sign of real progress for VN!

I heard John Gruden has some property in Tennessee and that his wife was a cheerleader. Might want to lookout for him. #Smokescreen #Grumors

Are you really comparing radical Islamic terrorists to some fraternity guys drinking too much? Yes it's stupid for them to do that, but my lord this could be one of the dumbest comparisons I have ever read.

Not all radical Muslims are terrorists but they could be. Not all frat boys are drunks, but they can be. Unless Greek life has changed since the early 80's, they contribute nothing to campus life for a majority of students.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back