Jimmy Cheek stepping down!

You're right. Now I'm going to go funnel a beer while doing drugs off a sorority girl's boobs and yell frat until I pass out. God I just hate how I conform to every single stereotype seen in the entertainment industry.

Having spent my fraternity years during the mid-to-late 60's, I never saw anyone do any of those activities but, hey... proceed, sir.

Just like a non-terrorist who buys an AR15, you've helped prop up a tool of oppression. And you don't demonstrate the appropriate level of guilt for the harm that your Greek-privilege wrought on others, even if you did make some vague allusion to community service. I won't even delve into the misogynistic overtones that your reference to "responsible manhood" conjures.

Amazes me how bada-- and vitriolic some folks can get all-the-while hiding behind the anonymity of the internet. Dude, if you were to say this to my face, you'd be spittin' your friggin' teeth out like chiclets....

I'm not quite sure what his title was and too lazy to look it up. But is it coincidence Foley from the Gators is leaving. Maybe coming to the good guys?

I'm not quite sure what his title was and too lazy to look it up. But is it coincidence Foley from the Gators is leaving. Maybe coming to the good guys?

No....just no....no. Foley is an AD not a Chancellor. Besides, that is ridiculous. He had one of the best setups in the entire NCAA.

Why do we want Jimmy Cheek gone? If he's "stepping down", does that mean bad things will start to spill out from our program?

It's also a fact. Only greeks care about student government. Why would non greek students have any interest in a system that both so limited and is so utterly controlled by the frats and sororities?

Because the purpose of student government is to help better your campus regardless of what organization you align yourself with. I don't see an unwritten rule that says "only Greeks can be apart of SGA."

But I love the way you look at the world, "There is a chance I might not be accepted into SGA so **** it why even try?" Contrary to popular belief, Greek people that are actually in student-led campus organizations actually give a damn about the student body. It's not just "something to drink to".

Reactions: 4 people
I totally disagree with any implication that athletics should rule the University. The replacement should support athletics as well as every other program at UT. BUT his number one priority has to be 100% academics. Again, strive to be great at everything, but academics come first. Sorry to all of the Neanderthals out there.

And, yes, I follow the athletics as much as anybody.

Hate to correct you young scholars but if he gives 100 percent to academics then that is all he has to give. Doesn't leave room for anything else. According to your statement if correct athletics get no attention.

Reactions: 1 person
Hate to correct you young scholars but if he gives 100 percent to academics then that is all he has to give. Doesn't leave room for anything else. According to your statement if correct athletics get no attention.

I believe he said his number 1 priority, 100%
Not focus 100% on academics leaving nothing for anything else.

Sorry, not ignoring you guys, at the Buffet concert in Cincy.

Attachments

• 1466553310826-767989021.jpg
    1466553310826-767989021.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back