Johnathan Kongbo rti interview

Isn't this is the way champions think, that their team is going to win them all, bring on the competition!

That's the key word. Nothing wrong with thinking it. But how about you let your performance on the field do the talking for you instead of running your mouth recklessly.

Wow. Butch Jones wasn't happy with KMAC'S trash talk last year. I can't imagine his reaction to this.

Kahlil McKenzie made a slight to Northwestern after the bowl win "That GPA ain't save Northwestern on the field". Butch being mad about that is understandable, since GPA is a major priority for Butch. Kongbo is being confident. Screw political correctness (in this matter), he's just telling it straight.

Reactions: 1 person
agreed. arguing who's more talented is like arguing what tastes better....it's all subjective.

and i still think on the foundation of 5 or 6 #1 recruiting classes, Bama probably still holds at least a minor edge(i say tongue in cheek) in talent...over just about everyone in college football.

Fair. there is really no way to know who is more talented. I just looked at it from the perspective of the star rankings out of HS. The gap is very close if not gone. Hopefully we can get a W this year against them.

That's the key word. Nothing wrong with thinking it. But how about you let your performance on the field do the talking for you instead of running your mouth recklessly.

lol....recklessly? I dare say this silly post that you just put on a public forum is more reckless than his statement.

Let me guess.....you're a millennial?

Fair. there is really no way to know who is more talented. I just looked at it from the perspective of the star rankings out of HS. The gap is very close if not gone. Hopefully we can get a W this year against them.

2016 Bama 1 Tenn 14
2015 Bama 1 Tenn 4
2014 Bama 1 Tenn 7
2013 Bama 1 Tenn 24
2012 Bama 1 Tenn 20

Math, the universal language of truth.

Last edited:
When Florida's players say stuff, we bash them, and when our players say it we think it's amazing. We can't have it both ways...

I'd rather them think it and talk about it all they want in the locker room and practice, but just smile when the media asks, and say "no comment" and then grin

lol....recklessly? I dare say this silly post that you just put on a public forum is more reckless than his statement.

Let me guess.....you're a millennial?

You'd be wrong. However I don't see what generation you're from has to do with whether or not you believe in trash talk.

When Florida's players say stuff, we bash them, and when our players say it we think it's amazing. We can't have it both ways...

I'd rather them think it and talk about it all they want in the locker room and practice, but just smile when the media asks, and say "no comment" and then grin

Smh. He wasn't even really talking trash. Now if he would have said something like "Florida sucks we'll beat them by 50" then that would have been a bit out of line. All he was doing was showing confidence in himself and his team. Absolutely nothing wrong with that and like others have said, that's the kind of mentality you need to have.

Reactions: 4 people

I think we can have it both way. As a Vol fan when things are said about the Vols that's considered good or a compliment then I'm cool with that, but if something is said that is bad or an insult then I'm outraged. And the opposite for our rivals, if they get insulted I'm cool with that, when they get compliment I'm more indifferent.

That's kind I goes along with being a fan.

There is a difference from what the Florida clown was saying compared to the response Kongbo gave to a question about the troll job from that same Florida clown.

Live a little, talk the talk, this is not the time to be passive. The whole idea of putting it out there what the expectations are : beat every team we play. At the end of the day, I'm backing Kongbo, he came to UT to win a National Championship, and that is what he is going to do this year by beating all the teams we play.

Jump higher Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
Just glad the confidence is there. I think we are there physically now, the next step is to get the swagger back and expect To win.

I went to a Bama forum a moment ago, they had a link up to Kongbo's comment. Naturally they gave him down the road. They mentioned he has never played a down in Division 1 yet seems to know how it will go, another commented on the fact that Alabama was trying to recruit him then backed off because they felt he was not physically prepared to fill his position. Anyone else see this? I understand it is just idiots like us making comment but I thought I would ask.

I went to a Bama forum a moment ago, they had a link up to Kongbo's comment. Naturally they gave him down the road. They mentioned he has never played a down in Division 1 yet seems to know how it will go, another commented on the fact that Alabama was trying to recruit him then backed off because they felt he was not physically prepared to fill his position. Anyone else see this? I understand it is just idiots like us making comment but I thought I would ask.

Imagine that. Alabama with the ole "we didn't want him anyway".

2016 Bama 1 Tenn 14
2015 Bama 1 Tenn 4
2014 Bama 1 Tenn 7
2013 Bama 1 Tenn 24
2012 Bama 1 Tenn 20

Math, the universal language of truth.

Except recruiting rankings and math are hardly the same things. Subjective rankings vs a pretty firm set of rules in mathematics...

Reactions: 3 people

Per Kongbo's 247 timeline, Nick Saban visited him on January 18th which would be very late in the process to be visiting someone that you have supposedly backed away from... and the 'not physically prepared to fill his position' line is also kind of a joke. I can understand being leery of him because of his being a raw talent with limited experience playing the sport but Kongbo is an awesome physical specimen. I would say that Alabama has some of the worst internet message boards that I've seen which is odd for a program of their caliber. They pay no attention to facts at all and mostly just engage in childish banter. They're a complete waste of time.

He said bench was 405 three reps, and squat was 605 5 reps. Read carefully.

They added the squatting note after the article was published. I remember reading it and wondering the same thing. So it didn't matter how carefully one read it, it was written incorrectly. :hi:

Last edited:

Hahaha yea, definitely not big or strong enough...

Sounds to me like you millennials may quite possibly just be a bunch of damn wusses.

"Oh, let's not talk trash until we beat them. Probably shouldn't talk trash if we beat them either. We want them to leave feeling good about their experience here, so they'll talk good about us".

Have you ever played a sport in your life? For that matter, have you ever played board game in your life? Trash talk is part of being an athlete and fan alike.

Rational my ass. Wuss I say. Wuss!

Grow a pair.

Hey man I was born in 85 what does that make me? Serious question I would like to know.

Hey man I was born in 85 what does that make me? Serious question I would like to know.

I've got no clue. Gen X, Gen Y? No idea really. I'm at the tail end of the Baby Boomers. Beyond that, I don't know what they are called. My wife was born in 82, so I consider anyone born in 82 or later crazy. It's her fault I label you all thusly. :)

Somehow I enjoy Kongbos version of trash talk more than Lane Kiffins presser before year one. That was just awkward. Most people got behind it but deep inside we were kind of like "Um, just shut up and coach." This guy on the other hand has a lot of his boys behind him capable of backing that smack up!! Love it!

VN Store

Back