Josh dobbs cold hard facts.

Okay so everyone on here wants to blame the coaches. It's not the coaches! Our coaches have to go to extreme measures to coach around not being able to pass it over 10 yards. Dobbs is extremely accurate and I am so confident he wouldn't start for another sec team in the country. The pass in the dirt to dobbs and the pass 10 yards pass the receiver at the end are not the coaches fault. Dobbs stinks simple as that. He has a horrible arm. A terrible one actually and his legs are mediocre. I can run 30 yards if there is a wide open gap. The reason it's the coaches fault is because he is still starting

If you have to coach around a QB who can't throw it, you try the other guy. Malzahn had the 2nd coming of Cam Newton and guess where he is? On the bench. Because you can't win if you are one deminsional and can't throw it.

Reactions: 3 people
What game were you watching?

Arky's O-line played great. Ours got manhandled.
What freaking game did you watch? How many sacks did we give up, that's right none that I recall.

He had time to throw and completely sucked. He has zero pocket presence too.

It's time for QD. I've seen enough of Dobbs. We WILL NOT win with him.

EDIT: Stats said we had 1 sack.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
How come Oklahoma can have a walk-on like Mayfield just show up and be awesome? Hell I wished we had that guy from Bowling Green. There are good QB's all over and UT hasn't had a decent one since Ainge.

What ****ing act? He had plenty of time all night and he has ZERO pocket awareness. He missed wide open throws and has no touch on the deep ball.

He rarely had a clean pocket that wasn't getting squeezed unless it was something quick. Not saying that was the whole problem, but it was a problem.

Reactions: 1 person
Pocket was getting crushed around Dobbs all night.

SMH. I totally disagree on this point. He had more time tonight to throw than our other two losses. And what did he do when he did feel pressure, nothing. He has no presence in the pocket. He steps up when he shouldn't, and seems to have no clue.

But, let's forget the pressure argument. There are plenty of examples in this game of him having plenty of time and being completely unable to make an accurate throw.

When are we going to stop making excuses for his poor QB play?

Reactions: 5 people
How come Oklahoma can have a walk-on like Mayfield just show up and be awesome? Hell I wished we had that guy from Bowling Green. There are good QB's all over and UT hasn't had a decent one since Ainge.

Might have one on the bench. Too bad we wiill not know for a couple of years

And everybody yelled at Butch for not starting him over Worley last year.

we were offensively when Dobbs took over last year? It was MUCH better--mainly because of his running.

Part of the problem is that the only really reliable receiver we had last year, Howard, has hardly played this year! Do we know why not? North hasn't played either. He was in the OU came and then disappeared again--hurt again?

Dobbs actually made a number of good throws in the first half tonight. Did not see the second, but it obviously wasn't very good for anybody. We fall apart in the second half.

I made the point last year that the reason Dobbs was behind Worley was because he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and was I crucified. They have tried everything in the bag of tricks to help the guy out. Not sure what the answer is.

we were offensively when Dobbs took over last year? It was MUCH better--mainly because of his running.

Part of the problem is that the only really reliable receiver we had last year, Howard, has hardly played this year! Do we know why not? North hasn't played either. He was in the OU came and then disappeared again--hurt again?

Dobbs actually made a number of good throws in the first half tonight. Did not see the second, but it obviously wasn't very good for anybody. We fall apart in the second half.
It was much better last year because he was facing SC, Kentucky, Vandy etc. Dobbs hasn't thrown it well against a decent defense in his career.

He's A problem, but not THE problem.

His protection sucks which makes him go from average at best to not so good trying to throw it down the field. And the drops were killers.

When the opposing D knows you can't hit the ocean past 8 yards they send the whole farm at you. It's time to stop blaming protection

SMH. I totally disagree on this point. He had more time tonight to throw than our other two losses.

I agree that he had a little more time, but you still just hardly ever see him drop into a pocket that stays established more than a couple of seconds. The center and guards really got pushed back into the pocket a lot tonight.

We just can't get receiver separation, protection and accuracy to all happen at the same time.

Did anyone else notice he looked timid tonight? It looks like he has zero confidence which only exasperates his problems. For example, on the TD he ran in tonight, he was on the opposite end of the field from me and I saw Ethan Wolfe was going to be open in the end zone. I was looking through the binoculars and saw it develop, and Dobbs took off running after Wolfe broke open. Almost as if he's scared to throw it now.

I think his psyche is damaged. I watched in warmups and he looked awesome hitting everybody in stride. Then he gets in the game and when he isn't pressured, he can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn.

I think doubt has crept in and he has a long way to go to climb out of this. And, he may never get that opportunity because if I'm Butch, I'm giving QD a try after this performance. I would have him on a short leash against GA.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back