Josh dobbs cold hard facts.

No, he really didn't. Have to always wonder if you're trolling, because some of the stuff you post is so directly against common sense and reality.

Multiple people thought the protection was good which perplexed me. I can't tell you the number of times Dobbs got a throw off when it looked he was standing in a small elevator. Just because the QB is upright doesn't make it good protection.

Reactions: 2 people
Multiple people thought the protection was good which perplexed me. I can't tell you the number of times Dobbs got a throw off when it looked he was standing in a small elevator. Just because the QB is upright doesn't make it good protection.

Agree with you but, to me, Dobbs looks uncomfortable in the pocket. A little pressure rattles him. Couple that with his inaccuracy and it's a bad recipe.. I think we've all seen many QB's throw very well under similar conditions..

Coaching , coaching, coaching , coaching

In regard to Nathan Peterman beating Virginia Tech. Wasn't coaching it was difference in olines, our Oline was horrible last year and not much better this year. Worley & Peterman where better QB's than Dobbs but not with UT's lines. Pitt is 3 and 1 with Peterman at QB.

Agree with you but, to me, Dobbs looks uncomfortable in the pocket. A little pressure rattles him. Couple that with his inaccuracy and it's a bad recipe.. I think we've all seen many QB's throw very well under similar conditions..

Exactly what I've been saying. I just don't understand why everybody keeps blaming his problems on the o-line. All QB's face pressure during a game and must learn how to deal with it.

Nobody wants to admit when he isn't pressured, he still can't seem to throw an accurate ball.

Last year they let Dobbs play his game. This season they are trying to make him something he is not. If his receivers would fight for they ball his passing stats would be much better. These designed QB runs have to stop. Dobbs shines when the play breaks down. We rarely see a mid range receiver or TE as a check down. Without that threat Dobbs can't do anything with his lucks. The offensive play calling just doesn't sense.

You must be an Arkansas fan...

It's not my problem if half this board doesn't know football. He had time to throw. He makes decent to good protection look terrible because he is not comfortable with the slightest bit of pressure and he moves around when it's not necessary .

Reactions: 1 person
The innacuracy even has an affect on completions. Frequently a receiver will adjust to make a play on a poorly thrown ball, and then is unable to adjust to make any yards after the catch. If you watch, most of our completions are brought down at the point of reception, where if they were led or hit in stride extra yards can be made. I saw several examples if this last night.

His biggest issue however is field vision, pre-snap and during the play. He doesn't read the defense well, and stares down his first read.

It's been said for a while, Dobbs accuracy issues has far reaching effects on this team. There is a reason he was 3rd on the list heading into 2014.

:lolabove:

Really, is this what it has come to. Our receivers have to fight for the ball. How about accurate throws so they don't have to fight.

At what point did we think Dobbs was an elite passer? Receivers fight for the ball.... It's their job. Even the great passers have to rely on their receivers to fight for the ball.

At what point did we think Dobbs was an elite passer? Receivers fight for the ball.... It's their job. Even the great passers have to rely on their receivers to fight for the ball.

That's really reaching for a defense of Dobbs.

Good QB's make everyone around them better. Ours is a boat anchor around the neck of this team.

Anyone else think Dobbs' decision making on read options yesterday seemed off? Seemed like there were a few plays where he had a better running lane and handed it off to Hurd anyway

We are all arm chair coaches and don't know what these guys are being told. To me it looks like Dobbs is being told to stay in the pocket unless is a designed QB run.

We're seeing exactly why Worley won the job last year.

Worley was a way better passer but his lack of mobility accompanied with a terrible offensive line like our current OL(pass blocking wise) made Dobbs more effective.

I don't even know how to respond to this? Receivers not fighting for the ball is the DUMBEST excuse I've seen yet. :eek:lol:

So footballs are supposed to just fall directly into their waiting hands like little pillows from heaven? Look at that last pass to Malone. He looked back at stuck his arms up. No jump, no stretching out, nothing..... If the pass isn't perfect they don't make an attempt to catch it. I know Dobbs doesn't have a great arm but these soft receivers could try to help him out.

Reactions: 3 people
So footballs are supposed to just fall directly into their waiting hands like little pillows from heaven? Look at that last pass to Malone. He looked back at stuck his arms up. No jump, no stretching out, nothing..... If the pass isn't perfect they don't make an attempt to catch it. I know Dobbs doesn't have a great arm but these soft receivers could try to help him out.
The answer to your question is yes, the ball should fall in their hands where they don't have to FIGHT for it.

If you want to say they are dropping some passes, then we can have a healthy debate. However, your position is the reason we don't have a passing attach is our receiver's don't fight for the ball. Dumbest thing I've read yet today.

Last edited:
No joke, really tired of seeing jumper out there.

He is just bad - no offense to him as he is clearly over achieving being a walk on but I have accidentally observed him on 3 or 4 occasions and he just doesn't know how to get off or around a block and on those rare occasions when he is is the right place gets blocked 10 yards out of the play. Both quick first half Arkansas touchdown drives - he was one of two linebackers playing and was just dreadful.

At this point, I think we can agree he's inaccurate. What I'm not understanding, if you're not going to run Dobbs what's he doing out there?

After tonight, I'm really SMDH...

I think they should have let dobbs just "play" this game. He was all over the field against florida. once he was told to throw more it seems he froze up and never attempted a qb run against arky. Would have probably got us some better opportunities at least.

The innacuracy even has an affect on completions. Frequently a receiver will adjust to make a play on a poorly thrown ball, and then is unable to adjust to make any yards after the catch. If you watch, most of our completions are brought down at the point of reception, where if they were led or hit in stride extra yards can be made. I saw several examples if this last night.

His biggest issue however is field vision, pre-snap and during the play. He doesn't read the defense well, and stares down his first read.

It's been said for a while, Dobbs accuracy issues has far reaching effects on this team. There is a reason he was 3rd on the list heading into 2014.

This. Once the receivers lose confidence in the QB the passing game is ineffective.

Receivers have to have a special mindset that they are going to catch "this pass on this down". If they don't they can and do lose focus, interest, call it intensity, but they are no longer equipped to "go get the ball". The receivers may love Dobbs but I am now convinced that they have no confidence in him.

We have to make a change now to salvage anything for this season. It may even help Dobbs to sit on the bench for this season so he can develop. I suspect that young man has the weight of the world on his shoulders and he can't execute.

Anyone else think Dobbs' decision making on read options yesterday seemed off? Seemed like there were a few plays where he had a better running lane and handed it off to Hurd anyway

Pretty sure we don't run a read option any more. All are scripted or pre called handoff or not. Debord or the offensive staff make that call prior to the ball being snapped.

No joke, really tired of seeing jumper out there.
I'm very curious about this. Either something is going on that we know nothing about or the coaches are out of their mind. I noticed he was in on an obvious passing play yesterday and wondered why he was in the game.

Do yourself a favor and stop posting. And the answer to your question is yes, the ball should fall in their hands where they don't have to FIGHT for it.

If you want to say they are dropping some passes, then we can have a healthy debate. However, your position is the reason we don't have a passing attach is our receiver's don't fight for the ball. Dumbest thing I've read yet today.

He didn't make a dumb statement. I think he told the truth. We all saw Malone jogging during his route with no effort when Jennings made the deep pass. Josh Smith made plays when given the chance. I don't know what the answer is and I don't think the coaches have one either. I think they wanted Dobbs to stay in the pocket more this week because of the fan and media complaints about the passing game. Butch had Dobbs pass more and it seems like Dobbs isn't the answer so now what? I think Dormady needs to lace up and get some shots on a few drives.

Okay so everyone on here wants to blame the coaches. It's not the coaches! Our coaches have to go to extreme measures to coach around not being able to pass it over 10 yards. Dobbs is extremely accurate and I am so confident he wouldn't start for another sec team in the country. The pass in the dirt to dobbs and the pass 10 yards pass the receiver at the end are not the coaches fault. Dobbs stinks simple as that. He has a horrible arm. A terrible one actually and his legs are mediocre. I can run 30 yards if there is a wide open gap. The reason it's the coaches fault is because he is still starting
Go to damn bed. This is the dumbest post of last night.

VN Store

Back