Josh dobbs cold hard facts.

The answer to your question is yes, the ball should fall in their hands where they don't have to FIGHT for it.

If you want to say they are dropping some passes, then we can have a healthy debate. However, your position is the reason we don't have a passing attach is our receiver's don't fight for the ball. Dumbest thing I've read yet today.

Too much Madden imo

Multiple people thought the protection was good which perplexed me. I can't tell you the number of times Dobbs got a throw off when it looked he was standing in a small elevator. Just because the QB is upright doesn't make it good protection.

I was thinkng trash compactor last night.....

Okay so everyone on here wants to blame the coaches. It's not the coaches! Our coaches have to go to extreme measures to coach around not being able to pass it over 10 yards. Dobbs is extremely accurate and I am so confident he wouldn't start for another sec team in the country. The pass in the dirt to dobbs and the pass 10 yards pass the receiver at the end are not the coaches fault. Dobbs stinks simple as that. He has a horrible arm. A terrible one actually and his legs are mediocre. I can run 30 yards if there is a wide open gap. The reason it's the coaches fault is because he is still starting

Then start Dormady. Dobbs can literally be the entire offense and we still lose so we might as well give him a try at this point.

This. Once the receivers lose confidence in the QB the passing game is ineffective.

Receivers have to have a special mindset that they are going to catch "this pass on this down". If they don't they can and do lose focus, interest, call it intensity, but they are no longer equipped to "go get the ball". The receivers may love Dobbs but I am now convinced that they have no confidence in him.

We have to make a change now to salvage anything for this season. It may even help Dobbs to sit on the bench for this season so he can develop. I suspect that young man has the weight of the world on his shoulders and he can't execute.

The wrs need to toughen up and stop playing like passive beeotches..... Catch the damn ball.... Go get the damn ball.... Create some separation

Reactions: 1 person
To everyone who wants Dormady coming in, lets just think this one throught. First off, QB controversies are never a good thing. Secondly, he is a true freshman who we have only seen again sub par competition, not the big dogs of the SEC. and finally, he is a pocket passer, with our suspect offensive line is that really what we need right now?

With all that said, I think he will be good in the future, but do you really think he is the short term solution?

He did pretty well when he was inserted in desperation against Alabama. I think the problem is the offensive scheme implemented by DeBord/Butch. Butch hired his good friend, which makes it even more difficult to make changes. There's just too much discrepancy between 2014 Dobbs and 2015 Dobbs for it to be all on the player. I think the DeBord hire is Butch's biggest mistake.

Reactions: 3 people
Too much Madden imo
LOL, I was thinking the same thing about you.

You made a blanket statement saying his stats would be better if his receivers fight for the ball. Maybe you weren't making your point clearly and my reaction was to how ridiculous that sounded. His stats would be significantly better if he was accurate and that is the primary problem with him. Could his receivers make more catches, obviously. But you fail to mention or comprehend the majority of those situations are because the ball is not thrown accurately. The majority of the time they are thrown behind the receiver or they have to make adjustments to the ball. It's hard to fight when you have to contort your body to catch it.

I just find it ridiculous how the Dobbs' lovers refuse to admit or even recognize his shortcomings as a passer and blame his ineffectiveness on the o-line and now that the receivers don't fight for the ball.

Last edited:
This time last year, Whorley was starting. Everyone was clamoring for Dobbs to start. The majority of posters were playing the " backup QB is always the most popular QB" card. Halfway through a lost season, he did change and we salvaged the season and won a bowl game.
Deja vu.
Dobbs' weaknesses are dictating our play calling. We are losing winnable games. We are now calling for Dormandy. The "backup QB is always the most popular QB" card is getting played. Butch appears to have a problem evaluating talent, and pulling the trigger on changing personnel. If Dormandy starts after GA and AL, we win out the rest of the season.

Okay so everyone on here wants to blame the coaches. It's not the coaches! Our coaches have to go to extreme measures to coach around not being able to pass it over 10 yards. Dobbs is extremely accurate and I am so confident he wouldn't start for another sec team in the country. The pass in the dirt to dobbs and the pass 10 yards pass the receiver at the end are not the coaches fault. Dobbs stinks simple as that. He has a horrible arm. A terrible one actually and his legs are mediocre. I can run 30 yards if there is a wide open gap. The reason it's the coaches fault is because he is still starting
You are looking in the right direction. No team is going to honor the passing game until someone makes the defense adjust to what the qb and wr are doing. Right now they are playing man up and stopping the run on a regular basis.

So now we can blast a player? It's football we are watching, every aspect of the game, we have been sub par(at times). I hate it, and I think you hate it. Doesn't change the facts. We have players and coaches that have stepped up to make great plays and calls, just to be wasted on a loss. Any time you block a FG, the coaching on it, pick it up and score. We were fumbling, dropping passes, blocking in the back, and throwing inaccurately, that's is not how you win. I hate that we have to have the players lose a game because of the their play on the field to take some heat off the coaches, but it does. AR #3 is good, the TEs are good, their line is good, throw out that AR lost to Toledo. We got a lot of improving to do, I saw no quit in the defense, and the offense just couldn't get it done. It looked like Ar Dline was told put some pressure but don't try to sack Dobbs let him throw the ball, and take our chances, it worked.
GO VOLS! Bring on some dogs!

He did pretty well when he was inserted in desperation against Alabama. I think the problem is the offensive scheme implemented by DeBord/Butch. Butch hired his good friend, which makes it even more difficult to make changes. There's just too much discrepancy between 2014 Dobbs and 2015 Dobbs for it to be all on the player. I think the DeBord hire is Butch's biggest mistake.
There's a big difference in playing against south carolina, kentucky, and vandy than it is playing Oklahoma, florida, Arkansas let's face it 2014 yeah we won some at the end but they all sucked. That's why we beat them. Dobbs has never beat a good defense.

So the offensive line is responsible for all 7-8 men the defense stacks in the box and sends after Dobbs? No wonder they fail.

I get your point, but Bama had a pretty good defense when he went in. Plus, he played well in the first half against both Oklahoma and Florida. What happened to Dobbs at the half in both of those games? Did he become less of a player? I don't think so...the scheme changed. I'm telling you guys,mi don't think Dobbs is the issue. He's being coached against his abilities, and the new offensive strategy sucks.

I made the point last year that the reason Dobbs was behind Worley was because he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and was I crucified. They have tried everything in the bag of tricks to help the guy out. Not sure what the answer is.

I totally agree... try someone else... we can not do any worse. Give QD a shot.... he maybe the answer.

Exactly what I've been saying. I just don't understand why everybody keeps blaming his problems on the o-line. All QB's face pressure during a game and must learn how to deal with it.

Nobody wants to admit when he isn't pressured, he still can't seem to throw an accurate ball.

He's definitely not accurate, but a squeezed pocket especially in his face is the worst pressure he can face because he can't really escape it and he can't step into the throw.

There was a reason Jones oversold Dobbs and pushed the no quarterback competition and that it is Dobbs' team and Dobbs is the CEO. He was hoping the positive affirmation would help alleviate Dobbs' deficiencies. Now Jones has worked himself I to a bind. It may do more damage to put Dormad in at this point than help. It appears Jones has lost this team.

Last edited:
I watched the replay. Dobbs had some really bad and good throws. I see why the receivers don't have many catches, they dropped several. We are not very good on defense and particularly the front 7. I thought the line was supposed to be a strong point but even Barnett is having a tough time this season.

Once Dormady starts a game,Dobbs may never see the field again except in special packages.

Don't think Jones makes the change but I agree with this. QD only needs about 4 or 5 keepers in a game to keep them honest. When we complete vertical passes downfield the flood gates will open. Just like we all thought would happen in August.

Came to a thread called Cold Hard Facts expecting to see statistics and facts.. Was disappointed.

The coaches have proven game after game they don't trust Dobbs. It is either he has major deficiencies in his game or the coaches are wrong and too cautious. Either way, I expected more substance from a thread with this title.

Sumlin benched a guy (Kenny Hill) who threw for over 500 yards against SC because he wasn't getting it done in another game. Maybe we should do that?

VN Store

Back