Josh dobbs cold hard facts.

Think it is a combination of a few things now! Dobbs is inaccurate. Even the commentators mentioned it a couple of times. The WR can't seem to catch it. Why I have no idea! When Josh Smith is your best WR you have a problem. The Williams fumble hurt too! Our OL are like matadors! And Defenses key on the run game and blow up Hurd! Until we show we can run a shallow 5-10 crossing route, hit some intermediate routes, Ds are going to load the box and set the edge on us!

Reactions: 2 people
He's A problem, but not THE problem.

His protection sucks which makes him go from average at best to not so good trying to throw it down the field. And the drops were killers.

He had a lot of time tonight. He stares down recievers. Throws them behind or over or in the dirt. Not good.

The defense was HORRIBLE tonight. Let's not put this all on Dobbs. That's BS. We gave up 300 yards rushing tonight, dudes. Arkansas had the ball for 22 minutes in the second half--three long drives. We had terrible field position in the second half. We are not exactly in good shape at WR either, are we. Pig and North have let down the team. Williams fumbles the ball at the arky 9 yard line--was hardly even hit. We missed an easy FG.

NOBODY has been good enough to win games--not Jones, not Jancek, Not Debord, not our offensive players, not our defensive players.

Reactions: 4 people
Dobbs isn't PM, that's for sure. If Jones thinks the other guy gives us a better chance to win, then play him. Dobbs needs to make plays with his legs (and arm). He is a good runner--and we need him to run. Last week that's all we did, he ran too much, and that wasn't good. This week the coaches hardly ran him at all. Also not good. He needs to find room and be more decisive about running. Our coaches are schizo---one extreme to the other.

The defense was HORRIBLE tonight. Let's not put this all on Dobbs. That's BS. We gave up 300 yards rushing tonight, dudes. Arkansas had the ball for 22 minutes in the second half--three long drives. We had terrible field position in the second half. We are not exactly in good shape at WR either, are we. Pig and North have let down the team. Williams fumbles the ball at the arky 9 yard line--was hardly even hit. We missed an easy FG.

NOBODY has been good enough to win games--not Jones, not Jancek, Not Debord, not our offensive players, not our defensive players.

This....the D looked like a jar of cotton balls tonight

Think it is a combination of a few things now! Dobbs is inaccurate. Even the commentators mentioned it a couple of times. The WR can't seem to catch it. Why I have no idea!

Have you ever noticed how drops seem to happen much more frequently with QB's that are not accurate throwers?
Vince Young defenders always talked about the drops.

Have you ever noticed how drops seem to happen much more frequently with QB's that are not accurate throwers?
Vince Young defenders always talked about the drops.

Definitely true because with an inaccurate passer there's no margin for error to overcome the drop. How shocking was it when Dobbs converted that 3rd and 13 on our last drive?

Okay so everyone on here wants to blame the coaches. It's not the coaches! Our coaches have to go to extreme measures to coach around not being able to pass it over 10 yards. Dobbs is extremely accurate and I am so confident he wouldn't start for another sec team in the country. The pass in the dirt to dobbs and the pass 10 yards pass the receiver at the end are not the coaches fault. Dobbs stinks simple as that. He has a horrible arm. A terrible one actually and his legs are mediocre. I can run 30 yards if there is a wide open gap. The reason it's the coaches fault is because he is still starting

Your headline read "Josh Dobbs Cold Hard Facts" yet you gave us no facts... you're probably a Hillary supporter as well

And even with the misses, 20 of 36 for 236 yards with at least half a dozen drops for another 50+. The 20 yard out that Malone dropped was huge.

I'll agree, though, that throttling his running is insane.

Definitely true because with an inaccurate passer there's no margin for error to overcome the drop. How shocking was it when Dobbs converted that 3rd and 13 on our last drive?

Yeah the "no margin of error" concept is real. An accurate passer completes close to 70% of his throws in today's game, but his % of accurate throws is much higher. His in-completions would include throw-away's, and passes batted down or tipped. If your quarterback doesn't throw a very high % of accurate, catchable balls your team will likely struggle.

Reactions: 1 person
Is it me or is there a "whoever gives us the best shot at winning will play" double standard when it comes to QB? I'm not so sure that Dormandy is better but why not give him a shot? At this point could it hurt?

Is it me or is there a "whoever gives us the best shot at winning will play" double standard when it comes to QB? I'm not so sure that Dormandy is better but why not give him a shot? At this point could it hurt?

QB is that ultra visible position in football. It just screams "we're tanking" when you bench your starter, so much so that most coaches stick with their starters much longer than logic would dictate.

Yeah the "no margin of error" concept is real. An accurate passer completes close to 70% of his throws in today's game, but his % of accurate throws is much higher. His in-completions would include throw-away's, and passes batted down or tipped. If your quarterback doesn't throw a very high % of accurate, catchable balls your team will likely struggle.

So Boykin's not "accurate"?

I posted this in the game thread, and I'll repost it here (slightly modified).

Here's the thing about the offense. Jones wants a running QB, that's a great passer, but he doesn't have one. He's got a good passer in Dormady and Dobbs can run, very well I might add. The O-Line still sucks, so if you put Dormady in you have to hold back a TE or RB for blocking, which limits your options on offense.

At this point Jones & Debord believe Dobbs gives them the ability to extend plays, praying someone gets open or a lane opens for Dobbs to run in. Translation: Our offense sucks. We do not yet have all the pieces to run a successful offense. If the O-Line was a better performing unit, you could put Dormady in and the passing game would probably improve.

Edit: One more thought, and the thing some noticed early on. Some guys aren't getting better. They're not evolving as players. Dobbs is not improving as a passer. Some WRs are still not hitting their stride.

and there in lies the rub....name 5 guys who are good running QBs and great passers. The later should be first and foremost unless you decided to run the option. Extending plays is great but once everyone learns you can't throw....might as well run the option.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back