Josh Smith to miss 4-8 weeks

He's a RS SR. To be eligible for a medical RS, the injury would have to be season-ending. That's probably not the case.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch, I love you coach but you have wrecked a lot of players in practice every damn year. Check yourself and ease up a bit. We can't afford the injuries.

It's not on Butch. It's really easy to blame him but this is the same Smith that was sidelined the past two seasons. If Butch didn't practice hard, you'd be one to call the players soft. Sucks for Josh and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Reactions: 3 people
Creates a good opportunity for Josh Palmer behind Byrd. Palmer can parlay a good camp into a chance for early PT.

So who are we starting now? Jennings, Byrd, Callaway? With Palmer, Johnson, Williams as depth?

Josh just can't stay healthy. Hopefully, Byrd will definitely get the job done, but someone will have to step up behind him.

Josh can't seem to get a break when it comes to injuries, Vols will miss his athleticism as well as his senior leadership.......shi*, shi* shi*
Go Vols

Injuries are starting to accumulate, but nowhere near last years injuries......fingers crossed for team 121.....no one gives them much of a chance, save themselves

I'm excited, but reserved on team 121, till I see them play

Go Vols

Anytime you loose a senior starter it hurts no matter who the backup is. We will miss him. We need the confident calming influence of a senior in the huddle.

Reactions: 2 people
Injuries are starting to accumulate, but nowhere near last years injuries......fingers crossed for team 121.....no one gives them much of a chance, save themselves

I'm excited, but reserved on team 121, till I see them play

Go Vols

still got two weeks

I would rather have some of the younger guys playing. Hate he got hurt but wasn't expecting much from him this yr anyway

Add in Jeff George too.

I imagine WRs Fant and Murphy red shirt but idk

What's the consensus on J. George? I've heard very little on him. I get the vibe that he'll be like Croom in that the thought is he's going to present mismatch problems due to his size but I don't get the feeling that he's got "it" to use his size effectively.

I could be completely wrong on him but that's just the vibe I get.

Last edited:
What's the consensus on J. George? I've heard very little on him. I get the vibe that he'll be like Croom in that the thought is he's going to present mismatch problems due to his size but I don't get the feeling that he's got "it" to use his size effectively.

I could be completely wrong on him but that's just the vibe I get.

I think he could be a weapon in a situation like on the goal line. Do a short pass over the middle to the back of the endzone. Toss it kinda high, let his height be the difference maker. With Palmer, Callaway, JJ....he definitely has an uphill climb.

George is tall but awful thin, hopefully he can help us in some capacity. We have some guys that can produce, I really like Palmers potential. Calloway and Williams both can fly. Jennings and Byrd both have big play potential, we just have to go out and do it. GBO!

Josh Smith turned the tide of the Georgia game for us in 2015, so I'll always be thankful for that. But, now Byrd and Williams get all the reps in the slot.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back