Josh Smith to miss 4-8 weeks

He broke his collarbone in HS and missed half of his senior season. So it's the second injury.

I would rather have some of the younger guys playing. Hate he got hurt but wasn't expecting much from him this yr anyway

I feel just the opposite, I feel like Josh Smith could have been a difference maker his senior year, provided he stays healthy....but so much for staying healthy
Good luck in your rehab Josh Smith!
Go Vols

I feel just the opposite, I feel like Josh Smith could have been a difference maker his senior year, provided he stays healthy....but so much for staying healthy
Good luck in your rehab Josh Smith!
Go Vols

Might have saved our season in 2015 with that td that led to the Georgia comeback.
Here's hoping he can make it back to play Georgia again on 9/30...that would be 6 1/2 weeks of recovery time.

Good news is he could pretty easily be back for UGA. It's currently 26 days to the UF game. It's like 40 days to the UGA game. So you're looking at nearly 6 weeks.

In truth commensurate to the amount of playing time he has gotten during his career on The Hill, he's just not a very productive or consistent player. I get it in that he's a senior and CBJ has a bias IMO playing older players over better younger players, but Josh has no business starting over a couple of kids already on our roster IMO.

Josh is a VFL. He's family. Part of us forever. And a super young man with a bright future.

Whether he gets back into the game 3 weeks from now, or 6, or 8, we're a better team with him than without.

Wishing him a speedy recovery and an excellent senior year.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
This sucks for Josh and the offense that is desperately in need of experienced proven play makers. I wish him a speedy recovery, he is one of the few proven pass catchers on this team.

No offense to Josh, and you're right that he has a ton of experience. But he caught 12 balls for less than 100 yards last season. I hate to say it won't be a big loss, but I kinda don't think it'll be a big loss. Anywho, if he's only out 4-6 weeks, he'll be back to help vs the majority of the SEC schedule.

No offense to Josh, and you're right that he has a ton of experience. But he caught 12 balls for less than 100 yards last season. I hate to say it won't be a big loss, but I kinda don't think it'll be a big loss. Anywho, if he's only out 4-6 weeks, he'll be back to help vs the majority of the SEC schedule.

I think we have a lot of good receivers with a lot of potential. Most of the time a QB and certain receivers have great chemistry. May have happened with QD & JS this year. JS just didn't seem to have any chemistry with Dobbs and really don't feel like Dobbs had any real go to guy most QB's establish. Hopefully that will happen this year with QD or JG with Juan or Tyler or Wolf. Hope speedy recovery for JS he seemed to have a knack for getting open when healthy.

That's good. So, it's to the shorter side of the original 4-8, that's good. My opinion is we won't need him for the UF game, but if he's good, then great.

We WILL need him for UGA, Bama, and LSU.

nurse? Nurse? N U R S E ? ? ? ! ! !

Can you place your healing hand...PLEASE??!!

Screen-Shot-2016-01-05-at-1.14.42-PM.jpg

VN Store

Back